Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gineey View Post
    Right, one should determine the time getting the issue resolved by tech-support. But here, nature of technical issues can be very....
    But by the time we can determine this, we have already subscribed to their service haven't we? Perhaps this is the only way in determining their technical support quality.

I would recommend asking the provider for a trial account to test there server and services. Submit a ticket to their support and see how fast you get a turn-around the response. Most hosts (not all) will allow you test a trial account before subscribing with them. If they don't mention it anywhere, I would simply ask them. Odds are, if they want your business, they will agree to those terms.

Another note i'd like to add is, stay away from hosts that absolutely require contracts, etc.. Yes, i'm sure you may get "better rates/pricing" with some hosts but ideally, if your choosing a provider for the first time, I would go with a month-to-month subscription and if things pan out well, then go forth with the contract. Alot of times even if you do pay for a year and you are not on a contract, you will just be pro-rated for the months you had left.

Hope this helps some,
    Ryan

This has been a very good post. Thank you!!!

Thanks for the read. I was looking for something like this.

Yeah, he has some really good points there. I read it the day it came out and didn't have any problems with it.
    Mark A. Mutti, Los Angeles
    mark.mutti@phirefast.com / (818) 358-1161
    PhireFast: Drama-free Hosting, Awesome Support (Since 2004)

How about a list??

How about posting a list of top 10 based on each of your criteria.

I bet your experience would benefit others

Quote Originally Posted by mrinny View Post
    How about posting a list of top 10 based on each of your criteria.

I bet your experience would benefit others
    Well web host that you select also depends on your needs..so your top 10 wont be top 10 for me if you are getting 10uvs/day and i am getting 10k/day..so its best to take advice from experts and find the best one for you..yourself..

A very helpful thread, thankyou

Additional considerations When Selecting a Web Host

I agree with the above 8 recommendations. But I have some additional ones.

1. Internet hosting has been around for a long time now. Is the host you are considering a well

established and respected host. One thing to consider here is do they have some well known and

well respected Internet marketing members. These people are inclined to host with a quality and

reliable service.

2. Are you new to using the Internet for your business? There are many businesses who are

coming online for the first time each day. If that is the case for you does the host provide training

for new people and for the new things evolving on the Net? Even if you have to pay extra,

learning and for staying current is really important.

3. Internet hosting alone is not enough to provide good service for a business. Does the host

provide a package that includes autoresponders and perhaps even video tools for your website as

part of the hosting package. This may cost a little more than just web hosting but provides a

complete business package.

4. If you are looking for additional income, or at least to cover your cost, does the host provide

this opportunity? There are hosts that do.

However, do keep in mind the original 8 recommendations, as they are extremely well thought out

and extremely important.

Quote Originally Posted by eLief! View Post
    Good job, this should be a good place to start that covers the basics for all the beginners out their.
    Another thing I do is actually call their tech support before I buy. Gives you a good idea of their level of support.

like i said in another thread, always check out the forums to see how handy a community it is .. with cheap hosts especially you'll likely rely on the user forums more than official support. so make sure it's active.

Thanks for giving us these tips. These are really very good and very helpful to others.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I hope you will put more useful information in near future for helping us.

thanks a lot

Thank you very much for the information. I have had some pretty poor luck with web hosts in the past. I will use this information to my advantage from now on!

Good information! I've been reading a lot of reviews about webhosting sites, checking how long they've been in business/reliability/customer service comments and technical information. I agree that it seems that you get what you pay for. It probably is worth paying a little more as the choice of webhosting service is crucial to the success of your website. A good idea in any case to avoid contracts to try out a new service first.

I agree with you.You have given very good steps to choosing the right web host....
    Last edited by Mike V; 12-24-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Friends please help me in buying a good webhost. I want to create a website for RM format music downloads 1-2MB but i have asked some hosts but they say these files are not allowed and will create server errors you must buy DEDICATED SERVERS I cant afford that Please guide me

different

Hmm this quiete different fromwhat I read but obviously practical and needs to consider.

Thank you for this good tips, from a good man.

thanks for this great tips i am fully agreed with you espcially in steps 2 &4 i see them are the important steps for me

Recently i have dropped the post to ask that how we can choose a right web hosting company but i did not know that answer would here. You said one thing right that money doesn't matter to get better service.

Must be very careful when choosing a web host. These 8 steps help those who do not understand enough about the subject.

In choosing a host, I believe it depends on their attitude in support. If they have a good supportive attitude, I think that is a big reason I'd buy from.

Damn good information man! Thanks! haha this definitely helps a lot and I'll be sure to keep it in mind the next time I need to find a solid web host

Nice, I think your 100% correct there.

Support is mainly the key, obviously service aswell.

Good tutorial.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast