Thread: RegFly back up?

RegFly back up?

I was with RegisterFly years ago when they were considered a reputable company. I stuck with them until the very end, and one day I got an e-mail from GoDaddy saying that my account had been transfered to them. The whole process was very smooth, and I've been happy with GoDaddy since I was moved there.

Today I got an e-mail from "[email protected]" trying to convince me to sign up for their discount domains, hosting, etc. Has anyone heard anything from RegisterFly about how they plan to come back? They left a huge mess when their whole conflict happened, and I'm trying to figure out what they're planning to do now. I am happy with GoDaddy and wouldn't dream of going back to RegisterFly after all of that, but I'm concerned their future customers. Is this company trying to return to its glory days, or is it simply going to grab some money and fold again?

To put it simply, Registerfly, nor regfly, are on ICANN's Accredited List of Registrars.
    Last edited by Chimpie; 02-06-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: because I can.

I believe they are a reseller with TuCows now since they are not ICANN Register and not an eNom Reseller

Once bitten, twice shy. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    Once bitten, twice shy. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
    Neither would i.

But I Have Many Domains With Them Since 2002 With Out Ant Issue ?

And I Receive Email from GoDday Elso But When One of My Damian Name Expired ..

NOT_A_CHANCE
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I would not purchase a domain through them even if it was only a penny.

There are plenty of alternatives to registerfly.

I can't think of even one single reason why I would recommend registerfly to anyone for anything.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

You might want to recommend them to your enemies
    Signature Under Construction.

they blew up my deposit on them. no email from them
    JKookServ.com
    Master Reseller | cPanel | Webhosting | WHM CPanel |

You would be crazy to have anything to do with them after how they screwed thousands of customers in the past.
    hosting is ongoing