Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My dog right won't stop doing this

I take my dog out once a day at 11AM. My dog which is a jack russel although i'll be upgrading to something a bit better son anyway this dog will just not sop jumping up on passers by so she jumps on people walking by and when she does sometimes people can get really mad and one day someones going to want to fight me cause of my dog jumping on them not that i'm saying i bother cause no one can touch me cause i look a bit hard you know but it's embarrassing when it happens although my dog behaves alright in the house but she still jumps on people apart from me.
    Annoying when dogs won't do what there told but whenever she does jump on someone as soon as we get in she gets a good hit and she has to sleep outside my room.
    This is a true story what i'm going to tell ok well here it goes, me and the dog went a walk in the afternoon and i came back home and the pavement/walkway was busy and people where blocking my house so i waited for everyone to walk past and i suppose i looked like i was going to snatch someones bag or something but anyway the last person to walk past was an old lady and guess what? this lady screams cause my dog jumped on her ..
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Yet another outstanding post from ned..

Ned could you please explain exactly how you are going to "upgrade" your dog..

Second bring it to doggy school and that will stop it.. I had a pitbull which everyone knows are pretty hard to train and I brought it to doggy school for 3 months once a week and it quit ****ting on the floor, barking and yes jumping on old ladys and humping fellow neighbors dogs.. trust me if you like the dog bring it to doggy school..

third if your gonna get rid of the doggy i will take it..

I a was just adding a bit of computer like talk there by saying "upgrade" . She behaves in the house with me but she doesn't when we are out.
    I let her off the leash one time and she went running for miles, very lucky it was early in the morning or she would have got hit by a car ..

"Yet another outstanding post from ned.."
    If you really want to start a topic and you want loads of information/replys on it just ask and i'll start the thread and that way no one will ignore you .

Talking hey

Thats why I only have cats....

Learn to snap the leash as you issue a command, dogs hate it.

I have tried everything guys. I hace one of these chocker like collars that gets tight when she pulls..
    When i pull her she goes flying .

Well, Jack Russel's are maniacs. Teach it to do flips and such.

Originally posted by Rotifer
    Well, Jack Russel's are maniacs. Teach it to do flips and such.
    haha!
    What I would give to see that!
    Jim

That's one of the reasons I don't like dogs.

Get a cat instead. Or get two cats. Three is even better.

Originally posted by andiegirl

No no i can't stand cats

Originally posted by andiegirl

The story is i wanted my mum to get a big dog but instead she comes back with a little terror that goes for the person that's being attacked for some reason.

i

I am the most alergic man on earth when it comes to cats, when i get near a house thats had a cat in it even if it was years ago, my eyes swell shut and i cant breathe. Needless to say i dont care for cats.

Now dogs are another story, i love dogs, i have a little poodle named bo. Yuck you say to poodles?? well i wouldnt have anything else, i have yet to find a dog so smart and so affectionate (sp?)
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Re: i

Originally posted by cbaker17
    I am the most alergic man on earth when it comes to cats, when i get near a house thats had a cat in it even if it was years ago, my eyes swell shut and i cant breathe. Needless to say i dont care for cats.

Now dogs are another story, i love dogs, i have a little poodle named bo. Yuck you say to poodles?? well i wouldnt have anything else, i have yet to find a dog so smart and so affectionate (sp?)
    A poodle!? bo!? take the drug test

Re: My dog right won't stop doing this

Originally posted by ned patter
    I take my dog out once a day at 11AM. My dog which is a jack russel although i'll be upgrading to something a bit better soon.....
    hahahahahahaha - this made me laugh my head off when I read it.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Ned, I think you dog has been posting things under your login. Better keep an eye on him.
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

Upgrade your dog to B!tch 2.0

But you have to get married first.

"The story is i wanted my mum to get a big dog but instead she comes back with a little terror that goes for the person that's being attacked for some reason"

LOL, I use to have a yorkshire terrior that did the exact same thing.

You're at least a little fortunate that the dog is not humping people on the leg - this can be a far greater social evil than the affore mentioned jumping on people.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Ned, I suggest you spend less time posting on forums and more time with your dog, training it to be socially acceptable

What can I say. Ned, you are one of a kind lol.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

Ok Ned, just for you, and because if some little old lady sues you and you can not pay you will have to sell your computer and we may never hear from you again.
    You will have to get a seond person to help you train your dog.
    The fuction of this person will be to walk by. Just walk by, not retaliate or respond or anything. (untill I tell you, see below)
    The punishment must come from you, and it must be imediate, not five munites, not five hours later, get it?
    Now get a collar suitable for training. For her/his size a small choke collar will do. Get some treats and put them in your pocket. Not for you, for the dog! Jack Russel Terriers are notorious little beggars.
    Practice walking your dog down an isolated path, and when she/he isn't paying attention to you, say "heel" and pull the collar tight enough to get her/his attention, but don't jerk her/him. Every now and then if she/he is behaving, stop her/him to give her/him a treat. If she/he can do this OK, then get your friend to start walking by.
    (Can I just say it's a her?)
    What you want to do is, when the person gets close, pull the dog up short so 1) she is forced to pay attention to you, and 2) she won't have a lot of room to jump. Now if she does jump, tell her "NO" (with authority) and smack her (more like a tap, you just want to make it sting a little bit). DO NOT get mad and over do this! Have your friend keep walking by again and again. When she does not jump, you give her a treat, and have your friend stop walking and say something sickeningly sweet to her ("My what a wonderfully cute little puddin pie you are") and then continue walking past.
    Do NOT have your friend give her a treat or pick her up. This is the reason she jumps on people, because they dare to ignore her highness. (your dog > look at me! Look! Look! not him, ME! ain't I cute? Pet me! feed me! please?)
    Once you get the dog to succeed a couple of times, you can stop for the day to let the lesson sink in.
    Repeat the lesson frequently (daily) as these little dogs can be hard headed.
    Eventually she will learn (they are very smart, too smart in fact) that if she wants people to pay attention to her, she will have to behave.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by ATST; 08-14-2002 at 08:32 AM.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

ned you must pull the most reply's to any given post

Originally posted by Tux-e-do
    ned you must pull the most reply's to any given post
    ned's a star
    Web Hosting since 1999

Originally posted by timechange
    Upgrade your dog to B!tch 2.0

But you have to get married first.
    I did that once! It's a B!tch to uninstall too! It just wont clear out of the system..

Originally posted by Webdude

I did that once! It's a B!tch to uninstall too! It just wont clear out of the system..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast