STAY AWAY from this host

I had a vps with http://geekrack.net and they were fine for a while. Support tickets were answered within an hour or two, almost always support on msn. But recentally it has just gotten out of hand. it started out with the server being slow. I contacted them and they told me to delete an account and kill the processes that it is running, as it was overloading the server. I contacted the client, and he said that he didn't use it anymore. Account was deleted and problem was solved. A few hours later it was down. They said that there was a node outage. They said that my vps was overloading the server and crashed the server, but they would fix it and it wouldn't be a problem. They put my vps back online, but when I went to kill the process that caused all this, my password was reset. This server crashes, then they fix it, then it crashes, and it just keeps going up and down like that. This is all because they refuse to reset my pass so i can fix this. They have just stopped responding to tickets, and instant messages. I would never use or reccomend this company to anyone.

What domain did you have hosted with them?
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Quote Originally Posted by GPGrieco View Post
    A few hours later it was down. They said that there was a node outage. They said that my vps was overloading the server and crashed the server, but they would fix it and it wouldn't be a problem.
    It seems strange that a vps would crash their server.
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Sorry to hear about your problem. Good luck.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-06-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    What domain did you have hosted with them?
    THe domain in his sig is hosted there I believe.
    Tiny Portal Hosting

Premiere hosting for smf/tp software

Quote Originally Posted by vpsville View Post
    It seems strange that a vps would crash their server.
    I've seen it happen before. If somebody gets quite abusive, older kernels of OpenVZ tend to crash quite easily. Usually happens during a reboot of a vps.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Yeah it looks like the server crashed and not that they simply removed your VPS.

It's hard to make an assumption that a reputable company might just delete a VPS when they have reliable support and hundreds of customers.
    Cash4Berry.com - Sell your cell for cash!

I have been told that they are getting their vps's from http://thenynoc.com. I saw another thread on here about them. I have gotten access finally to it, but the server is so slow, that transfers take for ever.

What process was it that was causing such chaos?

Personally i think they are a good host. I have had a VPS with them for ages now and the only downtime i had was the node outage.
    XeoDomains.com - XeoDomains.co.uk - XeoDomains.mobi

What ever country... still a great deal on your domains.

Quote Originally Posted by GPGrieco View Post
    This is all because they refuse to reset my pass so i can fix this.
    don't they give you VPS control panel where you can start/stop/reboot your VPS? there should be a way to change your VPS password from control panel.
    HalfDedi.com Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I've seen it happen before. If somebody gets quite abusive, older kernels of OpenVZ tend to crash quite easily. Usually happens during a reboot of a vps.
    There's certainly a few situations in which you can crash a node with dodgy scripts and exploiting kernel bugs/security holes. I don't know what this provider is like, but the most common cause of crashing nodes due to problems within one VPS is the provider misconfiguring the resource parameters assigned to a VPS.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS - UK Java & PHP Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock!

Well they reset my pass to my control panel (hypervm) too. I have finally gotten it, but now they shut it down. This is rediculous how they treat their customers.

i guess it's time to move..
    HalfDedi.com Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter