6 year old robbed of pokemon cards at gunpoint

semi-retired

In my day we didn't use guns, just simple intimidation was enough to get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    In my day we didn't use guns, just simple intimidation was enough to get what you wanted.
    Technology is changing.

This kind of crap is precisely why I send my kids to private boarding school that does not allow "Street Thugs from da Hood" in class. Parents have failed in teaching their kids right and wrong, and Public Schools have failed by letting anyone stay who has a history of causing trouble.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

I guess somebody adult needs to be blamed for this..the society too..and religion....and rotting of culture ...and gun control.

Wow ! Another hot debate rising like a fresh baking hot cake : )

What's a foam pellet gun ? Doesnt sound much like a weapon

Quote Originally Posted by TeleSouthNet View Post
    This kind of crap is precisely why I send my kids to private boarding school that does not allow "Street Thugs from da Hood" in class. Parents have failed in teaching their kids right and wrong, and Public Schools have failed by letting anyone stay who has a history of causing trouble.
    The world is ending! I couldn't imagine sending my child to boarding school. You will miss out so many good memories like reading them stories, teaching them how to play ball, getting them to clean your car for some candy, teaching them life lessons...

As society becomes more urbanised higher crime levels are unavoidable. As for guns, the electorate seems to feel that thousands of deaths per year is worth a right to bear arms. Fair enough, its your kids. If the poor are not assisted then higher crime levels are unavoidable, its plain human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by RajanUrs View Post
    ive not read the article.... but going on that statement I guess its a gun that looks like a real gun but fires foam long thin bullets. (this wouldnt harm you) as I used to have one about 20 years or so ago when I was that sort of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Flammable View Post
    The world is ending! I couldn't imagine sending my child to boarding school. You will miss out so many good memories like reading them stories, teaching them how to play ball, getting them to clean your car for some candy, teaching them life lessons...

As society becomes more urbanised higher crime levels are unavoidable. As for guns, the electorate seems to feel that thousands of deaths per year is worth a right to bear arms. Fair enough, its your kids. If the poor are not assisted then higher crime levels are unavoidable, its plain human nature.
    Honestly, having attended public schools all my life, I have a mixed feeling about this. I almost attended a private school, but, I chose not to do so. I enjoyed it where I was at. I attended home school as well. If I had a child, I think I would have them home schooled rather than going to public schools. There has been a lot of change not only with students, but, school administration as well.

As for firearms, I have been in neighborhoods where you had to have a gun to protect you, your family, and everything that you own. If the right to bear arms was ever taken away, it wouldn't eliminate deaths caused by guns, it would probably increase them if anything. Drugs are illegal and they are continually getting worse every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    Completely off topic, but I just realized ComplexDrive is two blocks from my house! I live on Tech Way haha.

More reasons to give 6 year old kids gun. They need it for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju
    Technology is changing.
    And not for the better either im afraid!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

No, I support the age limit on firearms. Kids SHOULD not have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RajanUrs View Post
    It's a toy, as dangerous as a wet lettice.
    The behavior/bullying is the real problem, not what is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    It's a toy, as dangerous as a wet lettice.
    The behavior/bullying is the real problem, not what is used.
    Last time I checked many have died from fresh vegetables