Thread: Freebsd?

Freebsd?

I got a freebsd dedicated server i was wonder is there a way i can log into it from a windows computer...Some kind of gui application maybe?

Thanks

If you have a GUI installed on the server such as KDE you can get a KVM over IP if your provider offers it, but it is usually expensive. I would suggest to start learning command line and just ssh into the box. If you need a book the Linux Pocket Guide is a good general reference guide.

http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Pocket-G...2309770&sr=8-2
    Newbies Rock. Oh wait, now I'm a Guru Wannabe!
    Go Wannabes!

Disclaimer: My thoughts and opinions do not reflect any company I work for as they are mine and only mine.

WinSPC will give a GUI file browsing

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

what kind of interface? You didnt specifically say you need a gui, so why not just use SSH? RemoteKVM is also an option, which would put you at the console.
    Cybercon.com Elite Tier 1 Web Hosting and Managed Services
    www.Cybercon.com
    Supreme Service - Flexible Pricing
    Advanced Hardware - Complete Security

install xfree and vncserver.

Any particular reason for requiring a GUI interface? If you need help accomplishing something from the command line, let us know. I'm sure there's someone on these forums who can help out
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I would suggest using a program like Putty to access your web hosting box. Most operations via the command line are fairly easy with FreeBSD especially major stuff like compiling a new kernel etc. I personally would avoid having a gui on a web hosting box.