hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : google text ads question.

Forum Jump

google text ads question.

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

google text ads question.

We've been running google ad's for the last few months , and normally we got an image ad for a few impressions a day. However in the last few weeks our traffic has increased a ton , and we've seen a pretty steady stream of google image ad's on the site in place of any text ad's. Is google designed to do this or are we just getting lucky?

Electronic Revolution , Gaming TV Enhanced

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Flash Banner Designer

I think google choose to list banners on sites that produce higher traffic.

Are you noticing a better click rate with the banners?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Web Hosting Master

Can even be that some advertiser is bidding on your site

There are lot of factors related to it actually. Starting from the value of your content to goolge (ad bots does visit sites for contents), bid going on the keywords that triggets the ads on your site. Advertisers can even choose to bid directly for ad placement on your site.

Real-time Registration | Online Control Panel | Rapid Support | Turn-key Reseller

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Community Guide

Time to shake the nest...

I'm currently redeveloping my blog. Nobody but me knows the URL. I have Google ads on the site already for testing. 99 out of 100, I'll get an image ad from Google, rather than text. That would appear to suggest that traffic numbers have no impact on whether you see image or text ads from Google.

dotcomUnderground seems to have a good idea of how Google determines whether to show you images or text. I'm not sure where that leaves my test/new blog, but I just gathered I would throw it out there to confuse you all.

FWIW, and I'm sure you know this already, you can easily choose to turn off images ads or text ads, and just display one or the other. This is done during the setup process for a new Google advert.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Web Hosting Master

Image ads pay worse then text ads, and they're less attractive in most situations. Unless you specifically WANT image ads (I have sites where I do), I would chose "text ads only" when you are creating your adsense unit.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM

Well the image adds put by google are less attractive then the original text adds , i hate them they are also there in mah site...

Old 02-15-2008, 06:45 AM
WHT Addict

Google, as believe by some webmasters, prefer Image Ad. they say people would love to click an Image Ad than text ad. Remember that human beings are very visual, especially men.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Video Creation Experts

If you are referring to Google Adwords, this is most likely caused as your Quality Score has improved. It can take serveral days to several weeks for your Quality Score to improve enough to see an increase of clicks.

If you are referring to Google Adsense, the same can also hold true for this. With both programs the longer you have a campaign running the better ROI or CPM should increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErevErick View Post
We've been running google ad's for the last few months , and normally we got an image ad for a few impressions a day. However in the last few weeks our traffic has increased a ton , and we've seen a pretty steady stream of google image ad's on the site in place of any text ad's. Is google designed to do this or are we just getting lucky?

Direct Email: sales@JRSEOMarketing.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Do Offsite Search Marketing Strategies Still Matter? Blog 2014-01-15 16:30:47
Google Offers 15GB of Free Storage Across Cloud Services Web Hosting News 2013-05-13 15:00:03
Are you ready for Speed Networking at WHIR Events? Blog 2013-01-18 07:00:04
Users Report Gmail Issues, Problems with Google Drive, Chrome Access Web Hosting News 2012-12-10 16:48:40
Google Officially Launches Cloud Storage Service Google Drive Web Hosting News 2012-04-24 15:39:46