Monitoring Linksys Router Traffic & Internet Monitoring Software

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to monitor network traffic on a Linksys WRT54G? For example if network user with ip address 192.168.1.103 goes to www.ebay.com. Is there any way to log what websites were visited over a network?

If not does anyone know of any good and free monitoring software that can be installed on each computer?

Thank you,
    Kyle

I believe there's an application written for DD-WRT if you have the option of flashing DD-WRT onto your router.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Don't they have to be installed on the computer being monitored?
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

>Don't they have to be installed on the computer being monitored?
    no, internet monitoring software like workexaminer.com have to be installed on every PC, but not router-based apps

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLC23 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to monitor network traffic on a Linksys WRT54G? For example if network user with ip address 192.168.1.103 goes to www.ebay.com. Is there any way to log what websites were visited over a network?

If not does anyone know of any good and free monitoring software that can be installed on each computer?

Thank you,
    Kyle
    There is a small rFlow based solution for this for linksys+DD-WRT.
    Check out my SSD guides for Samsung, HGST (Hitachi Global Storage) and Intel!

You can do that sort of thing with the latest versions of the TomatoUSB firmware. It's got a "Web Monitor" function that lets you monitor all clients, or selected clients on your network, and it can log sites visited and searches. It's got nice bandwidth graphing, too.