Inexpensive, low(er) bandwidth dedicated server.

Hi folks, I'm looking for an inexpensive dedicated server with the following specs (below). I don't really use much bandwidth but would like something reasonably "snappy". I currently have a VPS at a quality provider but on occasion I notice slight "bogs" in system performance and would prefer a dedicated solution.

1) ~250 GB bandwidth.
    2) Athlon 4000+, equivalent or better.
    3) One GB ram.
    4) 40 GB HD.
    5) Two IP addresses.
    6) West coast / low pings to Oregon.

I'm willing to pay around $50, maybe a little more.

Your requirements/budget are very reasonable. Have you looked in the dedicated offers section? I see a few offers there with low end servers for your budget. Do you need a control panel with that? If you do, note a cpanel license costs anywhere from $20-50/month depending on provider.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

corenetwork have a celeron D for 50 per month, but you'll need to pay extra for the setup fee
    HalfDedi.com Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan View Post
    Your requirements/budget are very reasonable. Have you looked in the dedicated offers section? I see a few offers there with low end servers for your budget. Do you need a control panel with that? If you do, note a cpanel license costs anywhere from $20-50/month depending on provider.
    It would be nice but it's not required. If the charge was in the $10 range than I would probably get it.

DirectAdmin on the other hand is respectively cheaper than cpanel. Most charge around $10 for that as opposed to cpanel which is more expensive.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by markhard View Post
    corenetwork have a celeron D for 50 per month, but you'll need to pay extra for the setup fee
    I actually checked them out but their ping times are a bit higher than I like (85 ms) and their d/l test speeds are pretty slow for me as well (250 KB/sec). My current provider pings around 30ms and averages about 1 MB/sec for downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan View Post
    DirectAdmin on the other hand is respectively cheaper than cpanel. Most charge around $10 for that as opposed to cpanel which is more expensive.
    Yeah, I think DirectAdmin would suffice. I just want to get out of the business of editing config files for apache, named, etc.