View Poll Results: Are you sick and tired of all the hoopla over the US election?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's too much

12 33.33%
  • I don't really care either way

10 27.78%
  • No way, we are the greatest country and if you don't like it then tough!

14 38.89%

Are you tired of all the coverage on the presedential race?

Ok you Americans, your presidential race is driving me nuts already! CNN is covering more of this than other news. I can understand the buildup of excitement, but this has just gone insane. It's really overshadowed the existing presidency. Like Obama is more of a star than Bush is.

It's definitely not like this in Canada or any other country I am pretty sure. Why do we need to have a big hoopla over your upcoming election YEARS before it actually happens?!

CNN is overing it, like the rest of the news agencies, as people are watching it. If people didn't show interest in watching it, they wouldn't be showing it all the time.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

It isn't so much interest as there is nothing else to watch. Trying to watch the evening news...can't get away from it.
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
    Why do we need to have a big hoopla over your upcoming election YEARS before it actually happens?!
    Because whoever our President is affects the entire world for good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdoneright View Post
    Or so some of us think anyway.
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix-Matt View Post
    Or so some of us think anyway.
    I'm not saying we're the most important. You can't deny that we have our hand in more things throughout the world than any other country. So I'd think that whoever our leader is, would affect most of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdoneright View Post
    I'm not saying we're the most important. You can't deny that we have our hand in more things throughout the world than any other country. So I'd think that whoever our leader is, would affect most of the world.
    Exactly, our hands are in everything. Like a child who sees someting shiny or fun. I bet most of the world wished our hands weren't where they are.

I don't like how sometimes the media can really affect an election by covering one candidate more than another. Or by focusing on something that isn't that big of a deal and blowing it up (Howard Dean's rally cry 2004).

GO OBAMA
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdoneright
    Quote Originally Posted by WireSix-Matt
    Or so some of us think anyway
    Then some of you are awake Your Government is making no allies, and remarks from candidates implying staying in countries illegally for upto 100 years doesn't make you any either. Your elections are a complete joke. Your current policies are a joke. Your economy is crashing. Celebrity endorsements, hundreds of millions in campaigning, carefully orchestrated news, all to brainwash and influence your decisions, all the while the candidates flip-flop on policies and promises to win delegates - All this overshadowing your current Gov who are selling weapons to both sides in the Middle East and maintaining an illegal war on borrowed money from China. Nice outfit you got over there.

There's only one candidate worth a damn, but a lot of America still has those black bags over their heads, or doesn't know who he is, partly due to media censorship.

PS. I apologize, your news, Gov & Politics sincerely annoy me.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Pauly View Post
    PS. I apologize, your news, Gov & Politics sincerely annoy me.[/I]
    I live here and it annoys the fool out of me.
    Now I want to make sure nobody misunderstands me, I love America.
    However, I think our political "regime" and the way they go about taking office is in sore need of reform.

I endorse this message

Then some of you are awake
    Unfortunately the majority of Americans get their news from our own media, which I agree, is complete garbage. Those of us who are educated outside of our own media are well aware of what state our country is in and can foresee the future. I just hope what I personally see coming doesn't happen right after I get my masters and enter the work force

Like a child who sees someting shiny or fun.
    That was funny.

Election issues are more important, but not as well covered, as American Idol or Britney Spears. What Paris Hilton does with her life has no impact on mine but the next US President will.

I don't know all that much about the American election system, but I'm really looking forward to seeing who wins it, just like I was when the French/Germany/British elections were held. They are all important and all have an impact in the world even in areas in Africa, Asia and South America.

I'm just praying McCain and Clinton don't go any further... they are both nuts! lol

The real problem is that they have been covering the primaries with more intensity than they have previous presidential elections. I hate to think what the actual race will be like once the candidates have been chosen, CNN will have to figure out a way to jam 36 hours of coverage into 24.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Then some of you are awake Your Government is making no allies, and remarks from candidates implying staying in countries illegally for upto 100 years doesn't make you any either. Your elections are a complete joke. Your current policies are a joke. Your economy is crashing. Celebrity endorsements, hundreds of millions in campaigning, carefully orchestrated news, all to brainwash and influence your decisions, all the while the candidates flip-flop on policies and promises to win delegates - All this overshadowing your current Gov who are selling weapons to both sides in the Middle East and maintaining an illegal war on borrowed money from China. Nice outfit you got over there.

There's only one candidate worth a damn, but a lot of America still has those black bags over their heads, or doesn't know who he is, partly due to media censorship.

PS. I apologize, your news, Gov & Politics sincerely annoy me.
    Not to mention we're home to Britney Spears.
    The Galaxy shared SSD web hosting

Deep breaths.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Right now, the 'race' has the same size headline on the BBC Web site as 9/11, the Madrid Bombings and 7/7 had. It's a huge headline that is reserved for matters that do affect the whole world. (I've probably seen that headline size five times in the last eight years on the BBC site, and I visit daily) Is it really *that* important to those in the US, let alone those in the UK? Ask Paul, while I've been in Ohio I haven't shut up about the amount of coverage it's getting back home.

The BBC are usually pretty good about answering about their coverage. Maybe it's time somebody called them out. And I don't want to hear the excuse that America is supposedly big enough to allow one man or women to affect the whole world, because it's not.
    Last edited by Jamie Harrop; 02-05-2008 at 11:33 PM.
    - Jamie Harrop

I am glad it is getting so much coverage because we as americans need to be informed about political aspects of our country.This is much more important than some coverage over who Paris Hilton is banging now.

Now as far as other countries i am sure you all are tired of it because it wont directly affect you.

Yeah, I'd rather it be covered than ignored. I'm sure the foreigners are a bit annoyed as these stages really don't have a huge effect on them. Once we determine who is running for which parties, then it becomes a bit more important.

This is however probably one of the most important elections in many of our lives. George Bush has divided America, he's shunned former allies away, made more enemies, the economy isn't at its strongest, and we have this unfavorable war going on.

For those of you who live in the United States, deal with it. Welcome to the U.S. Try going outside of your computer room or cubical and see what's going on in the world. The media isn't everything, especially in the States.

For those of you who don't live in the United States, try watching local TV. You have the remote control, do the right thing.
    Last edited by Richard; 02-06-2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.

Which is exactly why this election is so important. Change needs to happen. We need to make the most informed decision possible. And that's why the media is pushing it so much.

I am glad it is getting so much coverage because we as americans need to be informed about political aspects of our country.This is much more important than some coverage over who Paris Hilton is banging now.
    Well I don't know about that one ...

It's definately important, but the problem with the coverage is the media just spoonfeed you the candidate they want to win, so you're not being told to hard truths, especially when 90%+ decide to flip-flop on several issues, how can you possibly know where they stand, let alone make a decision to vote for them?

I just read the results so far, it's a shame
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

I bet most of the world wished our hands weren't where they are.

i cannot agree more .

at this minte i think most of the world have bad idea about US Gov & Politics.
    ( if you didnt get it so far i mean They dont like you )

Quote Originally Posted by man-toucher View Post
    i cannot agree more .

at this minte i think most of the world have bad idea about US Gov & Politics.
    ( if you didnt get it so far i mean They dont like you )
    It does not matter if the entire world does not like us.

We only need to have the ones who matter to like us. We have done that.

The countries that don't like us (but slightly matter), we marginalize them and move on about our business.

Countries that don't matter, we toss them a carrot here and there and move on about our business. If they like us great, if not great.

Before I remember it was not the war, but the way Bill Clinton was acting in the white house and people said that the world had no respect for the US.

Honestly, who cares? If the other countries don't act right we will send our marines to take them over. If that does not work, we have some old missiles in the back that can take care of things.

--

To answer the OPs question... no, we should have as much information as possible about our new leader. The more news the better. Of course, you have to wonder what news is not being reported, so there has to be some type of balance on the coverage. For the most part though, I think the news agencies have done a fantastic job.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post

The countries that don't like us (but slightly matter), we marginalize them and move on about our business.

Countries that don't matter, we toss them a carrot here and there and move on about our business. If they like us great, if not great.

Before I remember it was not the war, but the way Bill Clinton was acting in the white house and people said that the world had no respect for the US.

Honestly, who cares? If the other countries don't act right we will send our marines to take them over. If that does not work, we have some old missiles in the back that can take care of things.
    and thats what lead for more wars .. more ppl dead from both sides ..
    No one wins a war .. thats the main point so why start a new one ?
    thats realy my point of view

back to topic .. i dont watch TV

I can't even find out if it's going to rain tomorrow because of all the political coverage. I just wished it was over, so whoever it is can get into office and do nothing they said they would, so we can gripe about them and elect someone new.

I really hate Americans like you, you are exactly the reason why the US is one of the most hated countries in the world.

Your country tries to spread the theory of democracy and freedom of speech yet you decide that sending a military force into a country because they disagree with you is the best way to solve it?... Bit hypocritical don't you think? Sounds more like a dictatorship that a democracy.

I can't even find out if it's going to rain tomorrow because of all the political coverage.
    www.weather.com
    www.weather.gov
    www.wunderground.com

There ya go!

I meant by watching the evening news...but thanks for the help.

Yeah, it's always Bill Clinton's fault. Without re-writing history, in fact, U.S. stature around the world has fallen due to our insane foreign policy under Bush. Back in 1998, the rest of the world's respect for us started falling not because our President had an affair, but because we dropped all other business to focus exclusively on impeaching him over that incredibly trivial matter -- despite barely 25% public support for impeachment, our political and journalistic classes made it their sole focus. Sorry, Republicans, this one drops in your laps all the way.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

I'm in the UK and I absolutely love watching about the US Presidential Campaign. I always stay up until the early hours to watch the results come in. In fact I kind of care more about the US elections than the UK elections. Not because I particually care about America but because the atmosphere is really great.

I watch the news channels here that give more coverage to international news rather than the silly national stories about cats stuck up trees (not literally).

Yes I am.
    Wake up for work in the morning (in Scotland) turn on breakfast news and its all about it!

Liam

I'll tell you what it is. The good ole USA is like Britney Spears. The entire world tunes in to see what dumb stuff we'll do next.