Ad Revenue? Best ad companies??

I have basic knowledge in this domain. Can you suggest the best techniques to make money using ads.

And please do list some ad companies that will revenue other than Google Ads.

Thanks..
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know about others but I have never ever been able make any money from Google Adsense or any other ad network.

Renting out banner slots makes more sense to me.
    DarshWebSolutions.com : Web Design, PHP Development, E-Commerce Solutions

PDF-ace.com : HTML to PDF API
      0 Not allowed!

These advertising networks will only pay as well as your advertising is performing. If ads are not getting clickthroughs, these ad networks will deliver less advertising and then begin delivering public-service ads or even worse empties, both of which really don't give you any revenue. When this occurs, you'll want to fall back to another advertising network.

My recommendation is to sign-up for all of them and then use some ad-serving software such as OpenAds that will allow you to adjust the delivery frequency of each ad network, as well as allow you to deliver your own advertising if you get big enough to sell it.

In my past life as an Internet Ad guy I used a mix of Advertising.com, Burst Media, Casale Media, Google and Yahoo. Usually I fell back to Google & Yahoo, but if your content is extremely relevant you may find them at the top of the list! Each of these companies provide tools to help you select banners and identify which ones work better than others.

Good luck!
    RatePoint Customer Feedback Platform and Site Seal
    Become a partner today!
    http://www.ratepoint.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Although they're one specifically for the mobile web I do hold www.admob.com in high regard.
      0 Not allowed!

RPG : Advertising.com & Burst Media look good. Google AdWords is just too vulgar for my liking. As for my own adspace, making direct transactions for customers in my website, specify a good looking column on the right for it, wouldn't that be better? Although companies may revenue more. What do you think?

Admob.com looks nice too but isn't it for mobiles only ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by stashhh View Post
    RPG : Advertising.com & Burst Media look good. Google AdWords is just too vulgar for my liking. As for my own adspace, making direct transactions for customers in my website, specify a good looking column on the right for it, wouldn't that be better? Although companies may revenue more. What do you think?

Admob.com looks nice too but isn't it for mobiles only ?
    Define vulgar? When you get deeper into it, there's a lot of customization, ad blocking that you can do and such within their environment.

The traditional banner sizes are 728x90 (horizontal), 160x600 (vertical) and 300x250 (box). Depending on what content you have on your website and your design will likely dictate which placements you use. You can use any of them for your own sales or for ad networks. When you use ad-serving software it can rotate these banners for you.
    RatePoint Customer Feedback Platform and Site Seal
    Become a partner today!
    http://www.ratepoint.com/
      0 Not allowed!

There are some niche networks for most content types, but they are generally very exclusive as to which sites they accept.

More general networks that have established a great reputations are Tribal Fusion, Burst Media, Casale Media and ValueClick Media. Tribal Fusion generally offers the highest eCPMs, but is much harder to get into, but Burst also does a good job of selling ads directly for your site or at least a similar content niche which offers good eCPMs. However, Casale and Valueclick are both great networks, but tend to offer more general RON (Run Of Network) or ROC (Run Of category) ads.

If your site is not accepted by them, or even if it is and you have remnant inventory then take a look at AdPepper, Canep Media, CPX and Joetec.

There is more info on each network on AdBalance (in my sig), but I have personally tried many many networks and these are my current favourites.

-Tim
      0 Not allowed!

This would be better at SEO/SEM Discussion. Moved.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up << title removed >>

Quote Originally Posted by Jatinder View Post
    I don't know about others but I have never ever been able make any money from Google Adsense or any other ad network.

Renting out banner slots makes more sense to me.
    the 2nd option is better then 1st option.
    Last edited by writespeak; 04-21-2011 at 10:00 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

The best way to earn from your site is by doing SEO first to get good rankings and lots of organic and targeted traffic. Targeted traffic is what determines your site's success and it is also a nice way to gauge how much you can sell ad spaces on your site
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with MrCat, our stats were kind enough to tell us the second busiest page on one of our sites is a page of external links, knowing that I added additional, better positioned AdSense blocks on that page and saw tremendous benefits from it.

Targetting and positioning are the key. I know of a guy who thought he'd make some dollar by adding AdSense to his site, he bunged it in the footer, hidden away. His traffic was obscure stuff that nobody would bid for and he now thinks AdSense sucks.

If he'd had traffic with value in terms of bidded keywords and positioned his ads above the fold his experience would have been much different.

I've had some pretty good results with CPM on WAP too and am expecting a nice payment from Nokia in the next few days. Worth talking to if you have considerable mobile traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

Targetting and positioning are the key. I know of a guy who thought he'd make some dollar by adding AdSense to his site, he bunged it in the footer, hidden away. His traffic was obscure stuff that nobody would bid for and he now thinks AdSense sucks.
    I have a PHP tutorials site and get a very targetted PHP related traffic.

My adsense earnings: Less that $40 from 45,587 impressions.

I guess adsense works only for a certain types of sites.
    DarshWebSolutions.com : Web Design, PHP Development, E-Commerce Solutions

PDF-ace.com : HTML to PDF API
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jatinder View Post

My adsense earnings: Less that $40 from 45,587 impressions.

I guess adsense works only for a certain types of sites.
    Isn't that supposed to be good?

I get less than $4 with that from adengage and adbrite!
      0 Not allowed!