Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

hostmania ......

So did anyone get there servers yet ? Its tuesday afternoon they said tuesday morning im sick of this bull****. They don't answer emails im about to call them but im sure the number is disconnected just like there domain expired and there "partner" company transoptics.com's domain will expire on the 24th and for some reason transoptics is hosted at catalog.com instead of there "great internap / no downtime cogent" noc...

If no one gets any servers by then then theres no way to contact them as the contact email domain
    Chavvon Smith (8SZA4) [email protected]
    just happens to be missing

Domain Name: SERVETEL.COM
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
    Name Server: NS1.SERVETEL.COM
    Name Server: NS2.SERVETEL.COM
    Updated Date: 23-apr-2002

Domain not found locally, but Registry points back to local DB.
    Local WHOIS DB must be out of date.

So they partnered with eservers and got you to order because you trust them over a new startup so if they sold the 300 servers they offered in the deals they would have some nice cash right now.

If I dont get any response im going to do a chargeback soon..

Do you really think, we'd do this for a little amount of cash?

Well put it this way you are wrong, we have no intention of running with peoples money, if you want a refund you get one, like anyone else thats asked for one, as it happens to be no-one has... as the provisiong system is almost back online, servers will be built and handed out..

For those of you that have waited this out, we can only apologise and thank Hitspot for handing the domain back over to us again

You can always contact us, and you will always get a response, no matter what the situation is at hand, we are here for you, as you are our most important asset.

Thanks
    Imran
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

will be built??????????????

you haven't built them yet?
    i thought they were already being built?? and a lot would go online tuesday from eservers ?!?!?!?

sigh.

Another innocent question coming up from me...

For those of you that have waited this out, we can only apologise and thank Hitspot for handing the domain back over to us again
    Is eservers and hostmania merging or something like that? I know you said strategic relation...just wondering!

The servers are built, the just need the provisioning system to install the operating systems and allocate IPs.

We have had 3 admins manually building the o/s on the servers, but the provisioning system will allow us to get 2-300 servers up and running with the next couple of hours.
    Thats if everything runs flawlessly

Imran
    Last edited by cabalstudios; 08-13-2002 at 05:02 PM.
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

Ok, sounds much better. sorry if i sounded like i had a bad attitude.

Its just i ordered on 8/5/2002 - and i was told within 5 business days, and that has passed =/

do you think the provisioning system will be up today?

The attitude is understandable as its the same attitude we would have if our supplier didnt supply us with hardware on time

well looks like i wont be getting my server until another 3-4 days

eservers says another 3-4 days delay
    heh

sigh
    Last edited by clocker1996; 08-13-2002 at 05:46 PM.

Nevermined, this issue is being resolved.

Originally posted by cabalstudios

You can always contact us, and you will always get a response, no matter what the situation is at hand, we are here for you, as you are our most important asset.
    Why would I contact you when I bought from hostmania directly are you handling support for them to now?

did anyone get their box yet?

nope a friend of mine said eservers emailed him and said it would be another 3-4 days but they would give everyone a free 512mb ram upgrade ... i dunno if that applys to ppl who got directly from hostmania cuz they forgot how to email or something..

I haven't yet, but I think we should give Imran and Shazad @ eservers a break. I'm sure they're doing the best they can to resolve the situation and get our servers up.

i guess
    still disappointed

just a quick question here:
    does the cogent deal have some sort of backup, instead cogent went down?
    thanks!

Edit:
    nevermind, just found it out myself!

Correct, if you go for the Cogent option there is no backup, however in the last 10months it has been in operation there has been no downtime.
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

From what I know, there is no backup.

Peter

I've been biting my tongue and giving them the benefit of the doubt, but this is beyond ridiculous. I ordered and payed on 7-10. After repeated delays and promises I was told a realistic date was Tuesday the 13th. Today (the 14th) I got an e-mail indicating that instead of the 1Ghz Celeron, I got a P3-866. No further details, so I still have no server and instead of an upgrade I got less (spare me the debate over the performance).
    I'm going to sleep on this and figure out wether or not to keep the damn thing now. I had hoped to have three to four boxes operational there by now. At this rate it'll be Christmas before that becomes a reality.
    Are there any other options in the Dallas area?

ouch

7/10 - 8/14 .. carry the 1 dot the i cross the t.... according to my calcualations it takes 35 days k... looks like my server will be ready sept 4th and instead of a p4 1.6ghz it will be a celeron 1.7ghz..

well at least you got an email from them better than what ive been getting they could at least make a news section on there website with what there doing we all know its not building servers..

Unhappy

Well, I think I too am becoming uneasy with hostmania. Initial communications were relatively quick -- replies 2 hours.

Now they only tell me something when I chase them. Doesn't make me feel confident in them.

Wondering how they will respond if something goes wrong.

I'm holding off, but nearing cancelling mode, because of the lack of information coming this way.

Started of that communications were friendly and I thought these guys will be ok, so ordered a linux machine from them and waited. (Okay not as long as some people)

2 days later, I asked so how long will it take, told 100 machine going online in the next 2 days.

waited 3 days.
    Contacted them Friday and told ETA Tuesday (as I think everyone was).
    Contacted Tuesday afternoon nothing.
    Contacted Wednesday and told today definately.
    Contacted Wednesday evening and told 1 hour.
    Thursday nothing.
    Contacted Thursday morning ... waiting reply.

Wondering if anyone has ever got a machine in the 24-48 hours typical time or the 3-5 days normal time (from their FAQ).

I've been debating between Hostmania (the Cogent promo) and FDCSservers (low-end). The Hostmania box is more powerful (faster CPU, bigger disk, more RAM) and I was leaning towards - in fact I almost ordered it. However, the box isn't the only thing. I also need support.

Hostmania doesn't answer their emails. I sent Chavvon some questions and after about 4 days with no answer I tried again. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and figuring that perhaps my email got lost, I sent another email. Another 3 or 4 days and still no answer. (btw - I also sent eServers.biz an email and never got an answer from them either *sheesh* )

Petr (FDCServers) on the other hand always answers promptly and courteously. I exchanged about 5 emails with him and he answered each and every one of them. I have to admit that impresses me. I've also read on this forum that Petr's tech support is as good as his pre-sales support.

Not much of a decision after all. It would be nice if Petr's box was a little more powerful, but this looks like a no-brainer.

Doh! wrong company comparison

Last edited by onestar; 08-15-2002 at 03:05 PM.

Originally posted by onestar
    I've also ordered a box from fastservers. And well what can I say but I'm impressed. Fast answers, always answered even when I repeated questions that were already answered.

And even more impressed when I got the server ahead of ETA
    So impressed was I that I didn't know what to do with it
    ? this is the hostmania thread... the fastservers thread is 2 doors down on your left...

Originally posted by Abu Mami
    btw - I also sent eServers.biz an email and never got an answer from them either *sheesh*
    That's odd. I sent them maybe 10-20 emails over the course of the last couple of weeks and every one got answered, most within 30 minutes.

Ok finally got a reply to an email I sent..

Of course.

512 MB free RAM for the added wait. I'm serious about getting these install times right. We have another bunch of servers for install tomorrow and you'll be in that bunch.

We got a whole bunch of bad memory, so the server may go online without the
    extra RAM. it will be added quickly though.

Regards,

CS

p4 1.6ghz, 1.5gb ram, 420gb internap bw for $139/mo with no setup isnt that bad of a deal to me

Sure sounds like a lot of people have the patience of JOB. More power to you and I hope it works out in your favour.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

But my patience is going to end

I have one server with them and so far so good. But what I worry most is their tech support. For example if I need my server to be rebooted. I dont think I can find anyone around doing it for me. I haven't ever need one yet. But I have called them a couple of times. Never got a live person. Is there anyone there need urgent support in the last few weeks???

Funny you ask that. I'm also wondering if there is anyone around 24x7 ? I've tried putting a ticket in and phoning during "their night" and nothing.

But I don't mind IF I knew what the real score was. Is there real cover or not.

Having said that I don't think hostmania (Chavvon) are trying to cheat us, the free upgrades for example and during "day hours" I do get answers, but the lack of full information is a problem.

same here, still waiting.

Shazad assured me I will get my box up soon, no definate date though. We will see what happens, I wanted to transfer over my personal sites last weekend but oh well.

Shazad, we are all waiting. Dont let us down.
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)
    LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package (Unmatched features & Speed)
    http://www.kayako.com

Originally posted by Varun Shoor

Shazad assured me I will get my box up soon, no definate date though. We will see what happens, I wanted to transfer over my personal sites last weekend but oh well.

Shazad, we are all waiting. Dont let us down.
    Agreed.

he didn't give you a definate date ?? i was told monday =(

If it goes up monday. that means that it took 2 whole weeks to get it up !

I hope it doesn't take another 2 weeks for my second server that i ordered =(

Originally posted by Varun Shoor

... assured me I will get my box up soon, no definate date though.
    Whaaat! It is day 7+4 and we will get them soon Yet!?

My next billing date with the other hosting company reaches and I must pay for a whole month just for these delays.

I am sure of eservers.biz but the problem is that their service goes through hostmania's data center. This makes me worry if they can give 24/7 service too.

Specially it seems they just don't reply to support requests when a major problem arises.

Also a feedback would be great after 4 days!

Mac

yeah well I didnt insist for one either.. he just said "soon" and I was like ok I will be waiting

I know that we will get what we were promised but the delays have been annoying to say the least, they should have thought of issues like these beforehand.

We will see what happens on monday.
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)

first i´ve been told server will be up late friday night, after asking again tonight, i was told there´s a good chance that the servers come up on monday.
    So i hope they come on monday, because i´m getting tired of waiting

But i´m not that surprised that it takes that long, as most people on this board said they had to wait very long for the server, but when it was running they all were happy with eservers support, uptime etc.

So as long as my server goes up, and stays up, i´m happy.

HMMWV

yeah, i opened my first hostmania support ticket last week, asking for reverse on an IP. well, i got a reply very quickly, but it said something to the degree of "Ticket closed as email was blank." i was like, what the f'? i use pine, so maybe the person's MS-based email client couldn't read my email. i was relieved at the length it took to receive the reply mind you.

I am in the same boat as wmac. The delays are going to cost me as well. Enough to pay the setup fees I was hoping to avoid. I hope monday is the day but have started looking around again in case it is not. I have been trying to be patient but now I am just discouraged.

Tim
    Tim S

I sent emails to both Hostmania and to eServers. Didn't get a response from either one. I signed up for a box with someone else.

AFAIK they sold out all the boxes but you should have atleast received a response.. hmm

Who knows what can we do if neither hostmania nor eservers answer customers.

At least they must post an update.

Mac

Originally posted by wmac
    Who knows what can we do if neither hostmania nor eservers answer customers.
    Customers? Not! In this case, they lost a customer. I waited and waited, no answer, I went somewhere else. As simple as that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast