so I've narrowed down to 2 hosts that seem appealing...

Which one would you choose??

http://www.alphaomegahosting.com/

http://www.anhosting.com/

- Todd

I woudl personally pick alphaomega because the other company can't design there own website and had to steal someone elses so you know that you can never trust a theft.

www.mediatemple.net

just my opinion...

I started with Alpha Omega last month.

Customer support is excellent, even on weekend evenings.

My sites have been running fine.

Catherine
    www.perfectory.com

Originally posted by OKIHost
    I woudl personally pick alphaomega because the other company can't design there own website and had to steal someone elses so you know that you can never trust a theft.

www.mediatemple.net
    Well, as far as I can see anhosting.com only has one graphic in common with mediatemple.net. So before you make such an accusation it would be good to show a source. I did not find anything here.

Alexander

in common? this image has been ripped about a gazillion times before.. i mean the images is the same exact size and the only parts that are screwed up on it is the parts where another image is supposed to carry over the rest of it.. i am sorry but I cant see where much more proff is needed.. i did not say a site rip i said a theft meaning taking something without permission in this case a image.. which again has allready been ripped a million times.. just another to the list.. if i were looking for hosting I would want to be made aware of this.. hey my website design is horrible but i dealt with what i had instead of going out and stealing someone elses work..

in common?
    reminds me a little at http://www.hostway.com/
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

http://www.anhosting.com/ may have something in common with http://www.hostway.com/
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

This has been brought up a million times, and people have already confirmed that the picture of the cable comes from a picture CD available on the net.

With that being said, I would think anhosting would be just as competent at the next.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

And hostway has a little something in common with pwebtech.

We could go on all day.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch

in common? this image has been ripped about a gazillion times before.. i mean the images is the same exact size and the only parts that are screwed up on it is the parts where another image is supposed to carry over the rest of it.. i am sorry but I cant see where much more proff is needed.. i did not say a site rip i said a theft meaning taking something without permission in this case a image.. which again has allready been ripped a million times.. just another to the list.. if i were looking for hosting I would want to be made aware of this.. hey my website design is horrible but i dealt with what i had instead of going out and stealing someone elses work..
    To me it did sound as when you have meant a rip-off. Anyway, I dont think anyone knows whether mediatemple.net was the creator of the image so they might be just as "bad". However I would neither call a webhoster a thieve nor would I distrust them, just because they uses a commonly used picture (even if it had been "stolen" at some point).

Alexander

Originally posted by GlideTech
    And hostway has a little something in common with pwebtech.

We could go on all day.
    Definitely, however I doubt everyone ripped everyone else off in this case. These are just common layouts and so they might look similar. Even if someone "ripped-off" some ideas (not entire designs) I would not really complain as such a copying is usual in the IT business.

Alexander

www.mediatemple.net
    Just out of curiosity. How do you know mediatemple.net didn't take the graphic from anhosting.com?
    Last edited by ebay-nut; 08-13-2002 at 09:06 PM.

Originally posted by ebay-nut

Just out of curosity. How do you know mediatemple.net didn't take the graphic from anhosting.com?
    I suppose it's possible, but mediatemple's been around since the dawn of time. I don't think they are likely to go around ripping (and repairing) graphics from hosts that like 3 people have heard of.

www.mediatemple.net
    agreed!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Alexander !!

Well down man ! Very nice and well written. Surely I agree with Alexander. C'mon guys... another friend mentioned, this image is being on a CD and is accessible to everyone. Doesn't mean if a famous or well known hosting provider used it, other shouldn't.

Can you afford paying US$ 5000 per 5 images to be especially deigned for your web site ? If so, let me know and I refer you to the best once, which will take amazing pictures of servers and design you kinda images related to web hosting.

God will judge !
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Originally posted by UH-Matt

agreed!
    You must not have read much of the thread.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch