Looking for a basic host but under $10

I'm looking for a basic host for under $10, however, I won't be using MySQL, just HTML and PHP. So hopefully resource abuse won't be a problem..

However, I need at least 2GB+ of storage, I think that will be enough for now. As for bandwith, 10GB+ a month would be good.

While there are a lot of hosting companies that seem suitable, unfortunately they tend to oversell.

Hopefully, there's some small good ones still around, I was considering A Small Orange hosting but then read some bad reviews about down time...And they were rather recent..

Thanks in advance,

Try Spry.com. I have my VPS with them now and love their support. They have VPSlink.com as their VPS subsidiary and Burstband.net as their Shared Hosting subsidiary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob495 View Post

While there are a lot of hosting companies that seem suitable, unfortunately they tend to oversell.
    Than try to find small companies which do not try to oversell and are against overselling themselves !! Check the offers section someone might be offering some non-overselling plans.

with your budget its not hard to get those space and bandwidth, you can search around web hosting offer section and you will find lot. start with pre sales questions.

Any particular control panel you are looking for like cPanel, plesk, ensim, etc? Also, what type of site are you looking to host, a small blog and/or community forums?
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders

Would recommend Plesk over cPanel if you can find a host that hosts Plesk for $10.00
    Brad T. Burns - CEO - brad.burns(@)zioinc.com
    Zio, Inc. - Shared. Reseller. VPS. Dedicated. Gaming. Cloud.
    AIM: ZioEspeed Skype: ZioBrad Steam: ZioBrad
    Website

Did you checked the Offers?

Well, you don't want "oversellers" but you ask for over 2GB storage...

Truth is, hosts may very well "oversell" if it's done responsibly. It enables them to keep prices low (which you're asking for...)

So, good luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I think proper overselling is the best, it can help decrease the price, but nowadays most providers oversell too much, which bring problems.

For OP's req and budget, not hard to get one, and I think even the most-used oversold plans (e.g. hostgator, hostIcan, etc..) can fit your requirement.

You can't get simply.. Frankly speaking, if you want more space and b/w in low prices, nobody will be able to give without overselling.

Well known popular companies are just overselling as anything, so you should not worry if everything is OK with the server.. inquire completely before getting a package.

@ Nadabrahma, you have somewhat of a point, however, 2GB+ is more of a reasonable amount then let's say 350GB storage offered by HostGator for about that price range.

So I was talking about that sort of overselling. And I'll use the hosting to host small blogs that run purely on PHP, and don't use MySQL.

I think 1&1 is about the best bang for buck you can get for very little money. I suggest not buying into the anti-overseller FUD that is so often spread around here. Overselling is fine when worked well by the host... the problem is when they overload.

Quote Originally Posted by dwrunyon View Post
    I think 1&1 is about the best bang for buck you can get for very little money. I suggest not buying into the anti-overseller FUD that is so often spread around here. Overselling is fine when worked well by the host... the problem is when they overload.

I don't like 1and1. I live in portugal and the conectivity is very low.....

Well I have an account with them, and so far no problems, but those sites hardly receive any traffic. They are mainly test sites, plus I haven't even used much of the storage to determine if they actually allow you to store that much so I rather not risk it for now.

I'll probably take a look at some of the offers found here. Thanks for the replies.

$10 for 2GB space is a reasonable budget. Try the Offers section
    ServMap.com - MapServer GIS hosting
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Hosting by ServWebSolutions

Don't want overloaded servers? Go for undersold webhosting. Why not oversell, yet undersell, and still sell?

Just go for a reputable host IMO, who cares if they oversell, who cares if it's a bit above your price range, up goes your budget and you have a good experience. I'd pay $20 a month for that kind of requirements if the host could guarantee the servers are up 99.99% of the time, and has phone support, as well as email support, with an average of 1 hour reply time.

All that with a bit of 1to1 support and you have a good experience.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

i like ipower and they have a sale so it's a good time to buy
    IPOWERWEB, My Web Hosting Provider for OVER Four Years - IPOWERWEB

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi View Post
    who cares if it's a bit above your price range, up goes your budget and you have a good experience.
    Because I don't have money to wipe my butt with. The beautiful thing is that I can get great hosting for less... to up my budget for no reason would be insane.

Overselling isn't a problem if you use a reputable host that is half decent at load balancing.

Looking around WHT, using common sense and initiative will lead you in good stead to a happy hosting provider

Good luck and keep us updated
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

I'm looking for a basic host for under $10, however, I won't be using MySQL, just HTML and PHP. So hopefully resource abuse won't be a problem..However, I need at least 2GB+ of storage, I think that will be enough for now. As for bandwith, 10GB+ a month would be good.
    only one povider like you looking for, it is 1and1. They are offering the geat sevice, feature, uptime, and backup, also ecurity .

i would suggest hostagtor.com, they are pretty reasonable.

I'm looking for a basic host for under $10, however, I won't be using MySQL, just HTML and PHP. So hopefully resource abuse won't be a problem..

However, I need at least 2GB+ of storage, I think that will be enough for now. As for bandwith, 10GB+ a month would be good.

Hopefully, there's some small good ones still around, I was considering A Small Orange hosting but then read some bad reviews about down time...And they were rather recent..

Thanks in advance,

Hi
    You are looking for a plan, having large disk space and bandwidth. I can understand what you are looking .You have the need of 2Gb+ storage and 10 Gb + bandwidth under $10. It may be impossible because such type of hosting schedules are considers in the group of resellers .You will get enough space as you wish if you are ready for paying more

It may be tempting to get the most for your money, however when you only need 2 GB of space it is best to look for a decent non-selling host for $10 and get good service and good servers.

Saying this not all over sellers are bad belongs they grow their staff size as the business grows and they known how to operate effectively.
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

Because I don't have money to wipe my butt with. The beautiful thing is that I can get great hosting for less... to up my budget for no reason would be insane.
    It was more directed at the OP the last two paragraphs.
    But yes, some cheaper hosts are good, dreamhost, hostgator, etc, in terms of reviews they both seem good, the latter declining somewhat.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused