Featureprice.com - How To Complain About An Isp

RE: YOUR WEB HOST: FEATUREPRICE.COM

HERE IS MY STORY:

I had pre-paid $84.40 for an annual service, regarding website hosting. I signed up initially because of the live technical support in April of 2002. However, in July 2002, I called technical support only to find out they were now routing calls to technical support and there no longer was a live technician w/ which to speak. Yet, they still call their support "live" with a 3 hour call back. Unacceptable. I called Florida office requesting a refund. They only accept requests via email at [email protected] Vendor refuses to respond to emails concerning refund. Vendor offered international telephone number for billing resolution. However the number answers with a fax. This number is posted on their website at featureprice.com (International: +43 – 7942-72493) They also offer a 1-800 number for international correspondence on their web site but this too is not forwarded to their foreign office. Instead it reaches the Florida office that refuses to assist with billing questions. They practice a form of stonewalling and false advertising. Voice your complaints!

FOR A REFUND:

File a complaint with:
    1) The FTC (www.ftc.gov)
    2) The Florida Attorney General's Office: http://doacs.state.fl.us/%7Ecs/ccform.html
    3) Better Business Bureau: bbbonline.com
    4) Your Credit Card company – company that issues the card
    5) Credit Card provider – Tell VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER that this company should not be allowed to offer credit card service and that you want a refund!
    6) Go to site such as www.webhostingtalk.com or www.yourhostsucks.com And do a search for Featureprice and you will see long list of complaints. Respond to as a many complaints as possible. Post your own complaints
    7) Tell the local Fort Myers newpapers & t.v. stations about these practices. Write to the following email addresses:
    mailto:[email protected]
    mailto[email protected]
    8) Call Featureprice’s sales #: +1 (800) 605-4883 or tech support # +1 (800) 214-8829 (option 2 in menu, not option 1)
    9) Send this email to as many people as possible, to get their attention. Local congressman, friends, family, etc…

Tell all these people about Featureprice.com’s unfair business practices. If enough people file complaints, we will finally be rewarded justice.
    Last edited by omni101; 08-15-2002 at 08:45 AM.

Question Not sure I agree

I have read your comments and tried to read between the lines.

From my experience non of the providers is "clean & tidy" with their hosting. The main question is does your site work.

I have 12 domains hosted by Featureprice almost two years now and it has worked quite well.

They of course have some problems but they apopear to be quickly resolved.

At least they don't shut you down totally like Jumpline dis with my shopping cart last Christmas 2001.

Please be honest with yourself, did you really give them a chance or did you yell and scream so much they threw up their defensive shields against you.

About a year ago I had a major problem with them and my telephone call was answerd by a human. I did not agree with their techies answer and sent an email to their sales email and I got a favorable response within 30 minutes which overturned their own techies actions.

My domains work and my customers do not complain.

I recently just a week ago (first week of AUgust 2002) deleted one domain and added a new domain. It was done within hours very efficiently.

Maybe they are not perfect and you always have to be careful and have a backup plan. But, don't be a total "jerk" either and give them a reasonable chance to interect with you as professionals.

Thumbs down FEATUREPRICE.COM THREATENS ME

Francarlos, unfortunately, I can only report deception & stonewalling.

1) I call Florida office and ask for customer service. It doesnt exist. There is only some one who answers the phone in sales and when it gets busy, he or she will answer the phone in technical support.

2) I am told there is no customer support, any billing questions should be emailed to [email protected] I receive 1 bot message during a two week period of resending emails, and calling Florida office several times to mention I have not received a response.

3) The Florida office tells me to call the phone # on their site for the Austria office. I am told billing is done in the Austria office. I call the number at the Austria office. Oh, guess what, it's a fax number! I look back on the FeaturePrice.com site, and guess what again, they show a telephone number for Austria that is exactly the same as the fax number on their site. Now that is why it's a fax machine. Try it, it works!

4) Now, I'm really excited. I call the Florida office and mention again that the international number is a fax number and not a telephone number.

5) Guess what, my phone is now blocked from calling them and my site has been frozen.

6) Guess what, their office calls to threaten me w/ the Fort Myers police.

STAY AWAY FROM FEATUREPRICE.COM ONLY NEED TO SEE THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU REPORT ON THEM.

Relax

I don't want to get into a debate ove Featureprice nor do I want to support them; because obviously you have some valid points.

This will be my last comments.

In Europe many people use teleohone numbers and FAX numbers for double duty so I am not surprised a bit that a telephone number is answered by a FAX mahine. I don't like it a bit and in my office I don't allow it; but, it is common practice.

Enough said, you have made your point and I will quietly do my own investigation.

But tonight all 12 of my websites hosted by Featureprice and working fine and I have not experienced any downtime in quite a while.

I do have my sites automatically monitored by a service. It emails me immediately when one of my sites goes down.

So, relax and enjoy life. Stop and smell the roses. Life is too short to get ones bloodpressure too high over a website hosting.

I moved to Europe to walk romantic cobblestone streets and sip tea in sidewalk cafes.

USA life style is becoming too much!

Thumbs down Featureprice is scam place !

last year i have got a UNLIMITED package (seen after that the UNLIMITED package was only 5gb/month, not writed anywhere )

Then they never want to cancel my hosting after just 4 days whit her ...

They tell " we can put you 5gb more for 299$us

I have to do chargeback on it...

Go another place this place realy bads...they even not refund even whit the 100% refund policy they have at this time..!!!

* 5gigs?!

That is crazy. On the website before you sign up you have to agree to featureprice's aup - their terms and conditions. In the terms and conditions it states that ALL accounts are 15gigs - 15 gigs not 5. Because you agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up they shouldnt have to give you a refund - it is technically your fault for not reading.

That was last year around november ...

Guess they have changed since i dont know ...

But at the time i have got an account this was only writed UNLIMITED, then after going there ill ask about this and they tell me 5gb 'ho and if you need more a 5gb more its 299$us more a year

They dindnt want to cancel then credit my mastercard even if there for only couple day and at this time they tell 100% satiftacion waranty 30days refund...

Then tired whit my email asking thay finaly just not answered anymore email from me ... So i have to move my site then do a chargeback !

I call this SCAM !
    Unless you have a better word !

Re: 5gigs?!

Originally posted by Devils Ad.
    That is crazy. On the website before you sign up you have to agree to featureprice's aup - their terms and conditions. . . . . . .
    Are you the same as is reported about here?

I'll be back later to address that TOS crap.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

On that note, I have to quick post some of the funniest stuff I've seen from a TOS
    As posted at http://www.featureprice.com/?c=14&p=8. . . . . .Featureprice does not allow chargebacks to occur to its merchant accounts and contracts with VISA / MC International, American Express Bank Ltd. and Discover Card services. It is not recommended to initiate a chargeback hence customer agreed to AUP (this document) and Terms&Conditions as outlined in this document and Featureprice will use this document and customer's agreement at the time of order to wholeheartedly fight a chargeback and / or dispute. If customer supplied a valid reason for refund, Featureprice will gladly apply a refund ONLY if requirements as specified above are met. Any dispute / chargeback attempts will immediately result in suspension of webhosting account. . . . . .
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Re: Re: 5gigs?!

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Are you the same as is reported about here?

I'll be back later to address that TOS crap.

Wow ! Nice tread :-)

Funny to see how buziness owner or worker find a way to do some kind of propaguanda

But not stunted by this... My couple of day of experience whith feature was enoufh to see they are not very honest !

Anyway.. Stay away from featureprice !

my 2cents...

My teacher has an account with them. He wanted me to do the backend scripting for his site. I must say that while working on his site i never had any problems. Infact he hasnt had any problems either. He told me after he bought front page extensions, they gave him a domain name for free.. Well anyway, I didnt like the reviews about them. I guess some people like them , some dont.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/thickey/FP/fpp/www.html

That ticket history encompasses 2 or 3 days with resolution on the 24th?

Someone looks very very impatient there with Featureprice responding very politely after being accused of lying to their customers.

I think that customer is one customer that they don't need.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Thumbs down

Feature price was a ******* place to be polite....

My past experience whit feature price was complete un-honest people in this place....

Scam .. Stay away from this place !

I remember you Featureprice !

Featureprice has suspended my 5 websites twice without notifying me first. The first time I had to wait 3 days before anyone replied. The second time, which is currently now, I haven't heard back from them for 5 days. It wouldn't be a problem if I got an explanation for my site being suspended before it is suspended. I call their office and they automatically cut me off after 5 minutes while waiting to talk to a human. What kind of service is that. I will definitely not renew my hosting with them.

Re: Featureprice.com - How To Complain About An Isp

Originally posted by omni101
    RE: YOUR WEB HOST: FEATUREPRICE.COM

HERE IS MY STORY:

I had pre-paid $84.40 for an annual service, regarding website hosting. I signed up initially because of the live technical support in April of 2002. However, in July 2002, I called technical support only to find out they were now routing calls to technical support and there no longer was a live technician w/ which to speak. Yet, they still call their support "live" with a 3 hour call back. Unacceptable. I called Florida office requesting a refund. They only accept requests via email at [email protected] Vendor refuses to respond to emails concerning refund. Vendor offered international telephone number for billing resolution. However the number answers with a fax. This number is posted on their website at featureprice.com (International: +43 – 7942-72493) They also offer a 1-800 number for international correspondence on their web site but this too is not forwarded to their foreign office. Instead it reaches the Florida office that refuses to assist with billing questions. They practice a form of stonewalling and false advertising. Voice your complaints!

FOR A REFUND:

File a complaint with:
    1) The FTC (www.ftc.gov)
    2) The Florida Attorney General's Office: http://doacs.state.fl.us/%7Ecs/ccform.html
    3) Better Business Bureau: bbbonline.com
    4) Your Credit Card company – company that issues the card
    5) Credit Card provider – Tell VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER that this company should not be allowed to offer credit card service and that you want a refund!
    6) Go to site such as www.webhostingtalk.com or www.yourhostsucks.com And do a search for Featureprice and you will see long list of complaints. Respond to as a many complaints as possible. Post your own complaints
    7) Tell the local Fort Myers newpapers & t.v. stations about these practices. Write to the following email addresses:
    mailto[email protected]
    8) Call Featureprice’s sales #: +1 (800) 605-4883 or tech support # +1 (800) 214-8829 (option 2 in menu, not option 1)
    9) Send this email to as many people as possible, to get their attention. Local congressman, friends, family, etc…

Tell all these people about Featureprice.com’s unfair business practices. If enough people file complaints, we will finally be rewarded justice.

PM You! Check your private message box!

You forgot the FBI and Interpol. May as well add them too. Search WHT threads, you will see what I mean.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

They have gone from bad to worse folks... I don't think ANYONE who has signed on with a new account in 03 will argue that.
    RCMedia Services Most Anything Digital

* Feature Price

I have 7 domains with Feature Price and have been with them for almost a year, when I first started with them the support that I recieved was excellent, however in the last few month things have gone down hill, I have asked them why the quality of support has gone down and they responed by we are currently in short of tech staff. Well if they need so many tech than there most be other issues at hand to warrant this need, which woud be an encrease in problems. I have been trying to get the problems that I have resolved for almost a month and just today I recieved this email

Greetings,

===========ATTENTION!!!==================
    YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE TICKET PER DAY, YOU MAY ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS
    AS YOU WOULD LIKE, BUT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE TICKET. BE WISE WITH
    THE USAGE OF TICKET AND QUESTIONS YOU ASK, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU
    WANT AND NEED TO ASK OR HAVE ASSISTANCE IN AND SEND OFF ONE TICKET
    AS ALL ADDITIONAL TICKETS WILL BE REMOVED FOR THAT DAY.

NEXT, YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A TURN AROUND TIME ON BASIC FREE SUPPORT

IF YOU NEED A GUARANTEED TURN AROUND TIME YOU CAN PURCHASE A
    PREMIUM PAID INCIDENT SUPPORT AT HTTP://STORE.FEATUREPRICE.COM

PREMIUM PAID SUPPORT IS GUARANTEED 1HR TURN AROUND

PHONE SUPPORT:
    YOU MAY ONLY CALL SUPPORT IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE TO THIS
    TICKET, YOU MAY NOT CALL IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE.
    YOU WILL NEED THIS TICKET NUMBER WHEN CALLING SO KEEP A COPY OF THIS
    TICKET NUMBER.

I never been treated like this before and now I am. I a platinum account with them. I have also recieved another report from a hosting company called site and sites and they to are haveing serious problems. The phone is always busy, the chat says 15 minute wait and still you never get through and the email support either goes unanswered, ignored or just plain disrespectful. I would like to know what other hosting company there is that offers what feature price does at the cost? HELP!!!!

Any hosting company that sends you an email in all capital letters needs to have their AOL account disconnected.

But then again, they're one of those hosts that offer "Unlimited" plans and that should be your first warning sign.

Yeah, there are plenty of hosts out there that offer those prices but with service that people enjoy.

"Help!"? Go to the website host request forum... Your problems will be solved there young padawan.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

turns out that my 6 sites are indefinitely suspended for the duration of my 1 year platinum contract. I am losing out on 6 months that I have already paid for up front. It took me 3 weeks for someone to inform me of that.

You are not alone

If you don't already know about it, there is a huge forum on this at http://www.yourhostsucks.com/ over 450 posts. The closest second is almost 150.

I am a soon-to-be x-featureprice customer. Some bad hosting companies might be bad businesses, but featureprice is just bad people. I don't think anyone can come close to their incompetence. If you can even get support, they are rude and beligerant, and they lie.

I haven't read all of this thread but I don't really have to. I may just sound like a dissatisfied customer but if you go to yourhostsucks.com this is one of those rare instances where its justified.

I first complained to FeaturePrice about a problem over 3 weeks ago. Despite multiple tickets, 2 e-mails and 3 phone calls, the problem still exists.

Initially, I got a lot of assurances that it would be solved "within 72 hours". Subsequently, my tickets and e-mails have simply been ignored and I have received no replies from them.

FEATUREPRICE.COM is BACK!

I too had signed on to a Unlimited account back in Janurary 2002. The site was down all the time, they claimed that they we keeping to the 99.5% uptime and I sent them stats showing they we not even getting 85%.

I asked for a refund and got the total run around. I left complaints everywhere and started the origional ralley against them. I moved all my customers off of the server and even lost a few because of down time.

Here is the punch line; I got a call yesterday from them asking if we were going to renew our service! After I talked with the sales person and told him what had happened he said "sorry, but will you be renewing?". NOT LIKELY! They still stink!...Denny

It's ashame more people don't know about forums like this one so that they can be forewarn about business' such as Featureprice.com and how they treat clients.

Originally posted by Curtis H.
    It's ashame more people don't know about forums like this one so that they can be forewarn about business' such as Featureprice.com and how they treat clients.
    Yes. Communities such as this make hosts very accountable.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I have recently encountered the horror that is featureprice myself. Unfortunately, I was not aware that this forum existed before I signed on at the beginning of this month. There were some problems that made me suspicious at the very beginning, but these were minor, and I could still get through to a live person at the tech support number. As time went on, the problems got worse, and so did the tech support. A very pleasant recorded message and an indefinite hold time (if you wanted to wait) became a more stern message telling you about high call volume and a hold time of less than 3 minutes before you got cut off. Occasionally I would get sent to some random voice mail or the voice mail of the "tech support person working at this station" who would "return my call before the end of the shift". (That never happened.) Then that message was replaced with one that basically scolded anyone who called for tying up their phone lines and restricted calls to those who had a help ticket number that had been replied to. The problem is, no help tickets ever get replied to or the reply completely ignores the original question. Then the ALL CAPS email mentioned earlier got sent around. On top of this the webiste was down for extended periods of time. One thing after another...

Well, I wanted a refund based on the 30-day money back guarantee. And featureprice actually does give you an avenue to request this. But get this -- you have to fax them the request and include a xerox of the front and back of your credit card, and the front and back of your driver's license. So basically, anyone who wanted to intercept the fax transmission could digitally reproduce your signature and have your expiration date and the security code on the back of the credit card.

It seems to me that this is their way of preventing clients, at least those who know anything about security issues, from requesting their money back. I have called my credit card company and am in the process of trying to get my money back through them. This may be your only option to get a refund. If I get a favorable reply, I'll post another message.

Ugh. What a nightmare.
    Last edited by browncow; 01-27-2003 at 02:38 AM.

Just thought I'd weigh in as another soon-to-be-ex-Feature****e customer! I signed up last June, on their Platinum plan; they were actually great for a few months there, only a couple of minor issues and they were solved quickly. Now they seem to have completely fallen apart. New servers/control panels that are very complicated, and NO tech support to smooth the transition. They've replaced their "helpdesk" with a couple of email addresses, and on their site where it says "call one of the numbers listed below", there are no numbers listed!! All my sites are still working very well, but I've been trying to reach them regarding some technical questions for a week with no response. A friend of mine has just gone through two weeks of hell with them, with no email for days, and unable to ftp anything. I'm getting out now beacause I've been strung along before and it's no fun!

Same here. I have been frustared with my experience with them. They did suspend my account numerous times without telling me (due to exceeding traffic limit according to their tech support emails later) and as we speak my website is down for more than 20 hours.
    After the bad experience I had with them I checked the Better Business Bearu website (bbb.org) and guess what? They have a bad record, you may want to check that for yourself.
    Omer