What's the pulse on Superb?

(First, yes, I searched. I'm not finding a lot.)

What's the general consensus here on Superb? I'm looking at moving from Layered Tech to Superb, specifically their DC data center. I've found some negative reviews, but they're years old.

Anyone with them today? Would you recommend them?

f

Hi =]
    I had a dedicated server with them for 1 year it was a 500gb dedicated server... starting off i had problems with there support. The server was 1 hour later than expected. I asked for a 100mbit connection and they gave me a 10Mbit on accident. The first week was just really rocky. They had to of done something because from there on it was great service. I had a problem, i called and they were right there and there support was just amazing. Havent really had much problems with them from there only the beginning week and about 15 minutes about 8 months in due to a harddrive was unplugged due to work that was being done on that floor.
    I would reccommend them =]

good luck

I had a server in their West location some time back, the only problem that I had is that they did not supply me with the right SSH password. They had to reformat the box and put the password that they gave me via the web interface.

Along with that, their web interface panel is quite sad. I didn't like the lack of control (i.e.: No remote reboot, no IPMI, no serial, etc.) and I cancelled the box a few months later.

I find it surprising how cheap their servers are now. I was paying around $140 for a Core 2 box with only one gigabyte of RAM. I see that they have a 2 for 1 special running right now.

We had quite a few servers that we leased from Superb. We have moved out of their location and into our own datacenter. However we did lease servers from Superb for nearly 5 years.

Their network was excellent with very few issues. Hardware was more than above average we had very few hardware related issues. However, when we did have hardware issues their support was below average.

Bill
    Bill Kish
    TotalChoice Hosting
    Hosting over 50,000 clients since 2000
    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by fog View Post
    (First, yes, I searched. I'm not finding a lot.)

What's the general consensus here on Superb? I'm looking at moving from Layered Tech to Superb, specifically their DC data center. I've found some negative reviews, but they're years old.

Anyone with them today? Would you recommend them?
    They have had two power outages in DCA2 in the last week or two..