Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Vaguhost Post

Well i started off with them in december. here is my review

- Waited a week after payment for service. ticket replys "will be up tonight" or "working on it now" now came a week later.
    - then when it did come online cpanel/whm licence was invalid, resulting in 4 more days of "will be fixed today" replys to my tickets
    - finaly server up and whm working, fantastico licenc invalid, here foes another 5 days
    - same time as fantastico: whmcs licence invalid guess how long? (had to threaten to cancel to get it)

Dispite all this when i finally got online they promised a free month for the issues, server ran great for about a week and i was happy at this point.

then ran into several small issues, ftp shutting down, site downtime, not being able to edit files and folders, nothing major just little things, but lots of them.

cron issues, RV took a week to get installed. wrong amount of ips that to this day was never corrected.

support tickets started to disapear, and respond times grew massivly, bandwidth exceeded pages sprung up daily and randomly on all mycustomers pages, and mail to this day has never worked properly.

then i get invoiced in the middle of jan for another 3 months. not only did i not have my time i paid for but didnt get the free month for the issues, at this point they try to upsell me to pay the full year at discounted price and my issues still are not fixed.

At this point im through with this, i havent spent 3+ years building the customers i have to loose 3 in 1 week due to there serice. After seeing other simmilar posts here and how they reject refunds, I was promised in both msn chat and there own ticket system they DO offer a money back guarantee and have 7 screen shots of different convos with it being guaranteed. PayPal will not interfere as its a service therefor if i do not recieve 2 of the 3 month i have paied fore i am doing a credit care charge back.

Jeff has lied far too often. We have even checked into his "Llc" which he is most definetly not. and this is illegal.

Jeff when you read this no BS responces not "we dont refund" this is not a choice for you, it is an understanding on my part that you keep one of the three months payment or i will do a 100% credit card chargeback which will result in your paypal deducting it and charging you $15 for the process. refund 2 months, and i want it this week, not next month. Dont bother deleting my tickets and email/msn convos i have everything screenshoted. your a crook, and a fraud. I cant believed that in between all this the 1 or so week it did somewhat work i actually posted positive reviews and supported/defended your business.
    www.mjmwebtech.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting,24/7 support, 99.9% uptime

We have servers with them, I have to say, ticket responses and license issueing speed is dire, but the stability of our severs is excellent. We rarley use the support so we don't really notice, but it's a shame they don't fix it (so basically we like the BurstNET facility, since we don't use the VaguHost bit much).
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

I do think the moderators should look at the past history of VH's reviews and maybe take the correct action and not allow them to advertise on the sales forums. This is what, 7 topics like this in less then 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Popsikle View Post
    I do think the moderators should look at the past history of VH's reviews and maybe take the correct action and not allow them to advertise on the sales forums. This is what, 7 topics like this in less then 2 weeks?
    I agree. We should keep out the riffraf and this is way to many people with way to many problems way to close together.

Is there something going on over there at vaguhost?
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MJMWeb View Post
    Well i started off with them in december. here is my review

- Waited a week after payment for service. ticket replys "will be up tonight" or "working on it now" now came a week later.
    - then when it did come online cpanel/whm licence was invalid, resulting in 4 more days of "will be fixed today" replys to my tickets
    - finaly server up and whm working, fantastico licenc invalid, here foes another 5 days
    - same time as fantastico: whmcs licence invalid guess how long? (had to threaten to cancel to get it)

Dispite all this when i finally got online they promised a free month for the issues, server ran great for about a week and i was happy at this point.

then ran into several small issues, ftp shutting down, site downtime, not being able to edit files and folders, nothing major just little things, but lots of them.

cron issues, RV took a week to get installed. wrong amount of ips that to this day was never corrected.

support tickets started to disapear, and respond times grew massivly, bandwidth exceeded pages sprung up daily and randomly on all mycustomers pages, and mail to this day has never worked properly.

then i get invoiced in the middle of jan for another 3 months. not only did i not have my time i paid for but didnt get the free month for the issues, at this point they try to upsell me to pay the full year at discounted price and my issues still are not fixed.

At this point im through with this, i havent spent 3+ years building the customers i have to loose 3 in 1 week due to there serice. After seeing other simmilar posts here and how they reject refunds, I was promised in both msn chat and there own ticket system they DO offer a money back guarantee and have 7 screen shots of different convos with it being guaranteed. PayPal will not interfere as its a service therefor if i do not recieve 2 of the 3 month i have paied fore i am doing a credit care charge back.

Jeff has lied far too often. We have even checked into his "Llc" which he is most definetly not. and this is illegal.

Jeff when you read this no BS responces not "we dont refund" this is not a choice for you, it is an understanding on my part that you keep one of the three months payment or i will do a 100% credit card chargeback which will result in your paypal deducting it and charging you $15 for the process. refund 2 months, and i want it this week, not next month. Dont bother deleting my tickets and email/msn convos i have everything screenshoted. your a crook, and a fraud. I cant believed that in between all this the 1 or so week it did somewhat work i actually posted positive reviews and supported/defended your business.

the whole year pre-payment thing would scare me off instantly it's basically a scam imho.

What made you decide to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    What made you decide to use them?
    price, what else?

Hi!
    It just amazes me that little more than a month ago..both you and Superbytes had nothing but nice things to say about Vagu..and now..well..

So..all those negative things I was saying turned out to be the truth? Even though you fought me tooth and nail over it?

I'm sorry..I have a real hard time feeling the least bit sorry for you for the customers you lost because of...you.

>>>Still no website
    >>>Still no legal LLC registration

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

And again....

I still think that Jeff acts like a kid about the site.
    http://vaguhost.com/forum
    http://vaguhost.com/corporate/
    http://vaguhost.com/wht
    http://vaguhost.com/pics
    http://vaguhost.com/test
    Just a few of the links I stored that stopped working after they were posted on WHT. Jeff, if you have nothing to hide, why make it look like you do have something to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1 View Post
    Hi!
    It just amazes me that little more than a month ago..both you and Superbytes had nothing but nice things to say about Vagu..and now..well..

So..all those negative things I was saying turned out to be the truth? Even though you fought me tooth and nail over it?

I'm sorry..I have a real hard time feeling the least bit sorry for you for the customers you lost because of...you.

>>>Still no website
    >>>Still no legal LLC registration

Bryon
    not looking for you or anyone to feel sorry for me. its a review. and i admitted right in it i defended them and posted positive, that was my own stupidity.

on a side note i just got a ticket back with: this isnt out support desk thats why you dont get a responce.

and so the games begin, well jeff i wont play games you have 7 days from today (monday feb 4th 2008 to refund 2 of the 3 months or ill contact my credit card company and get 100% back. Game over, period.

So others know, im back with my original provider which is innohosting, I only left them due to them not offering what I needed back then. I would recommend them to anyone.

Interesting. I understand it isn't his help desk, but he refuses to address any of the issues discrediting him.
    Brett Meadors

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    price, what else?

Some people prefer to give quality to customers, and don't anybody that has vaguhost anywhere in the supply chain say that you are giving quality.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    And again....

I still think that Jeff acts like a kid about the site.
    http://vaguhost.com/forum
    http://vaguhost.com/corporate/
    http://vaguhost.com/wht
    http://vaguhost.com/pics
    http://vaguhost.com/test
    Just a few of the links I stored that stopped working after they were posted on WHT. Jeff, if you have nothing to hide, why make it look like you do have something to hide?

This makes it easier to keep up to date

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...vaguhost%2ecom

Query: = site:vaguhost.com
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Hi!
    Well. I can't believe Jeffers hasn't responded yet. I am also surprised no new "Crazy" sale as Burst and a few of their resellers have already posted ads.

Is it over Jeff? Is that a white flag I see?

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

So others know, im back with my original provider which is innohosting, I only left them due to them not offering what I needed back then. I would recommend them to anyone.

You shouldn't leave if you are happy with them in the first place :-)

Net

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix-Matt View Post
    Is there something going on over there at vaguhost?
    No, there isn't. That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Net View Post
    You shouldn't leave if you are happy with them in the first place :-)

Net
    yea at the time they didnt have what i needed when i expanded. if i had been more patient and waited none of this wouldnt of happened.

I love how no one takes a clue from the complete lack of service, and long service replies. Fully managed huh?

It's truly frightening that they're sending out emails asking people to prepay a year...!!!

Hi!
    Not really frightening. Anybody with one shread of sense is going to say "No"..I don't think I would have gone for that "Pay the second month early" move either very well.

One thing is clear..I will never buy a server from any reseller.

I've done it twice in three years..and both times wished I had not done so.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

yea at the time they didnt have what i needed when i expanded. if i had been more patient and waited none of this wouldnt of happened.
    Has he addressed any of your tickets?
    Brett Meadors

In taking a risk of signing up with an unknown you should consider the following:
    1-What is the best thing that could happen?
    2-What is the worst thing that could happen?
    3-What is the best thing that could happen if you didn't sign up with them?
    4-What is the worst thing that could happen if you didn't sign up with them?

nope just "this isnt the right support" when until now has been.

not looking for you or anyone to feel sorry for me. its a review. and i admitted right in it i defended them and posted positive, that was my own stupidity.

on a side note i just got a ticket back with: this isnt out support desk thats why you dont get a responce.

and so the games begin, well jeff i wont play games you have 7 days from today (monday feb 4th 2008 to refund 2 of the 3 months or ill contact my credit card company and get 100% back. Game over, period.

I have no idea why you are waiting for 7 days. It is pretty clear what he is going to do.... nothing.

WHY is anyone giving them any chance what so ever....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast