Lightbulb Any alternative to X-Cart "PRO" ?

Hi,

I'm searching for a while now for a shopping cart that has a seller feature, in other words a person can signup as a provider and list their products for sale, manage orders, etc.

There are a few scripts I found, some are not supported anymore or quality is questionable, so the only one that is a good option is X-Cart "PRO" edition.

The problem is that it costs $575.00 (without any add-ons!).

Does anyone know an alternative to X-Cart Pro? Maybe there are some popular shopping carts that can handle this feature (sellers, providers) that I missed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

you can try oscommerce based system? osCMax, CRE-Loaded and other
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

I don't mind trying a oscommerce based system. Or anything, just looking for an alternative.

I'm checking out your suggestions osCMax, CRE-Loaded, I can't seem to find the feature that I was looking for: providers (sellers).

http://digishop.sumeffect.com/compare.php has multi vendor capabilities and INHO a much better system than X-cart.

No No No No No.

http://www.cs-cart.com/

There. So many people out there who boast of knowing the eCommerce world & Providing "Solutions" but it's really just a business guy relying on open source programmers... *sigh* CS-Cart is a rip on other corporate maintained software but it's none the less more user friendly than X-Cart, and Cheaper. Security takes a dump in a lot of areas and there are known hacks for it so I would definitely hire a security analyst if you use it. I have many customers currently using CS-Cart on our network, and their support is good and up in coming and cheap.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by ZioEspeed; 02-05-2008 at 02:14 AM.
    Brad T. Burns - CEO - brad.burns(@)zioinc.com
    Zio, Inc. - Shared. Reseller. VPS. Dedicated. Gaming. Cloud.
    AIM: ZioEspeed Skype: ZioBrad Steam: ZioBrad
    Website