best company for managed

Hi, I'm looking to find a company that can offer me the best managed support with the following specs for high traffic commercial sites:
    4 dual core servers preferably AMD 2Ghz
    4 gigs of ram each
    load balancer (very important)
    over 80gigs hd pref 120+
    monthly contract, not yearly
    I was going with Rackspace and by far they are THE BEST ... I can't speak highly enough of their support and team, however our 1 year contract with them is up and we a month to month agreement which they don't offer. Also the price range I guess would be in the Rackspace range. I would also want to keep support and hardware centralized so no 3rd party support.
    Thanks

How much bandwidth do you need? I think you best to get your own admin managing your servers/sites.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by ServerVina View Post
    How much bandwidth do you need? I think you best to get your own admin managing your servers/sites.
    Right now we want to keep it centralized as far as managing, and having the company manage it is very important. As for bandwidth we need on avg 40+ gigs per computer per month.

Rackspace is very expensive, I would recommend Softlayer for a cheaper solution. They have been great on uptime and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostevery View Post
    Rackspace is very expensive, I would recommend Softlayer for a cheaper solution. They have been great on uptime and support.
    How is their support. I would like to have the same level of support and customization that rackspace offers. Basically rackspace but with a month to month contract.

What kind of load balancing do you need? And what are those 4 servers? 2 web + 2 database? Also, do you need full management, or just emergency support? And your price range would be around 2k$?

Ali,

I would check out axishost.com. I've known Tina nad her team for a number of years and I know their reputation is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by borghunn View Post
    What kind of load balancing do you need? And what are those 4 servers? 2 web + 2 database? Also, do you need full management, or just emergency support? And your price range would be around 2k$?
    At the moment it will be 3 web and 2 dbs (one of the web will also be a minor db) In the future that will expand to probably 3-4dbs, in a master, slave, slave, slave config and then the web servers might expand as well. So their would be 2 load balancers, 1 for the web and 1 for the db. Price range sounds good, I mean the quality of service is more important, although if we can get same service for cheaper then even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Abedi View Post
    How is their support. I would like to have the same level of support and customization that rackspace offers. Basically rackspace but with a month to month contract.
    They offer the best support you can get, and the dedicated servers are pretty affordable. The most you would pay is $3 for those advance troubleshooting. Otherwise most of the support is free.

They have a toll free tech support number which you can call, but most likely they will ask you to open a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostevery View Post
    I don't see loadbalancing anywhere on their site?

I've actually looked at RackSpace's management before (not too long ago to bid against one of their quotes) and, for the money you pay there, RackSpace generally doesn't cover more than most other managed providers.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

You haven't mentioned if it's Linux or Windows. If Windows, I would highly recommend either Xiolink or Datapipe. We changed from Rackspace to Datapipe three years ago, and couldn't be happier. Not sure if DP offers Linux though.

There are a lot of options out there. Consider a provider that is standardizing their network using Cisco virtualization. It enables you to rapidly scale the network to meet demands, and is really a step closer to a UTILITY Based network computing model.

Typically, providers have a very reasonable entry price and should be able to provide it in an HA configuration for both the Firewall and Load Balancer.

Hello, I recommend wiredtree.com, excellent support, network and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Abedi View Post
    At the moment it will be 3 web and 2 dbs (one of the web will also be a minor db) In the future that will expand to probably 3-4dbs, in a master, slave, slave, slave config and then the web servers might expand as well. So their would be 2 load balancers, 1 for the web and 1 for the db. Price range sounds good, I mean the quality of service is more important, although if we can get same service for cheaper then even better.
    Hello Ali,

another configuration to consider is 2 load balancers in a fail over configuration. There is no reason at all that web and DB service cannot share the same load balancers - and rather then running a load balancer for each service (thus creating 2 single points of failure), you can run them in a HA fail over formation for both services.

If you do this right, you should be able to have a web server array (2 or more servers) and a DB server array (2 or more servers) and scale on demand as required (ie just add additional nodes to the respective arrays.

For managed servers, I would go with Handy Networks. I have also heard rave reviews for AxisHost, you can't go wrong there either.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I'd recommend LiquidWeb, their managed plans have good reputation.
    Rackspace is good, but also very expensive.