Setting up of DNS Server

I have a Windows 2003 delicated server with a single static IP.I have email server and IIS running.

My server network card is presently using my data cente's DNS.

I was wondering,how do I setup a DNS server on my server?For example:

ns1.domain.com
    ns2.domain.com

so that I buy domain and can use ns1.domain.com to point to my server.

If the DNS server is set on my server,how do I update the rest of the DNS server all around the world

This server have a control panel or without control panel. Read articles on IIS settings to setup this, or install a good control panel like Plesk, Helm which will make your work easy

You might be better off using a FREE DNS service like Every DNS or Zone Edit. That or using your upscale provider until you get a better handle on DNS. IMO, setting up a DNS server is easy, understanding DNS itself takes a bit more time.

I'd suggest buying a copy of "DNS and BIND" from O'Reilly and Associates. It covers every aspect of DNS from A records, to MX to various software versions in use.

Good luck!
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!

If the DNS server is set on my server,how do I update the rest of the DNS server all around the world
    You don't. They follow referrals starting at the root servers.

For your level of experience, you might want to go with an external dns service provider and pay the few dollars a year. It will be much easier.

For one thing, it will mean fewer firewall apertures that you need to figure out.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com