Opinion needed on FTP Vs SFTP

There are lots of questions related to FTP server. Firstly I want to know about the difference between FTP and SFTP? And why we are using Secure FTP instead of FTP? And why is SFTP better than FTP? I also want to know about the service providers of FTP. Can anyone help me? I shall be very thankful to you for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_hardy View Post
    There are lots of questions related to FTP server. Firstly I want to know about the difference between FTP and SFTP? And why we are using Secure FTP instead of FTP? And why is SFTP better than FTP? I also want to know about the service providers of FTP. Can anyone help me? I shall be very thankful to you for your suggestion.
    Because SFTP is secure and FTP is not. Your login and pass in unencrypted with FTP, so anyone who sniff your data packets will know your login which is not cool.

https://security.berkeley.edu/MinStd...pted.auth.html

Re: Opinion needed on FTP Vs SFTP

Hey, we use SFTP instead of FTP as everyone wants to secure his data. Actually security is the main concern in file transferring. There are lots of secure file transfer tools are available on the net that can solve your problems. I know one among of them called (www dot anyclient dot com) Secure FTP Server.It provides you a downloadable application that you can install locally. Hope you will be satisfied by my opinion.