Question Who are these guys? Keep losing clients to them..

There website is Sectorlink.com, there specs are unbelievable.. and my clients just go over there with no 2nd thoughts. They even got very high reviews on other websites, are these guys big time players?

check the specks.. crazy..

50GB webspace
    100GB bandwidth
    $ 3.99 / monthly

there dedicated servers are even crazier.

I am posting the thread here coz they cover both hosting, dedicated , and other web services.
      0 Not allowed!

And which hosting site do you own?
      0 Not allowed!

we just offer local hosting, no dedicated servers.. www.e-webcore.net
      0 Not allowed!

Considering I've never heard of 'em, and they obviously don't have sustainable specs, no, they're not "big time players."

That's fine, let your customers go, be gracious about it, assure them they are always welcome back. At those prices it is only a matter of time before your clients will experience poor support, poor quality service, or their sites disappear altogether.

Maybe keep their backups on hand for a few months, just in case... it takes so little of your space, and then you come out like the hero when their new Wonderhost has lost all their data.

Keep in touch with these clients, don't spam them with "come back!" but rather send them general hosting and security information, strictly educational material. This keeps you in the position of Expert, and they realize you have not forgotten them.

It may well be after several of these emails (we could be talking 4-5 months here ... it takes time for things to go wrong ... be patient!), that one hits at just the right time, when one of your former clients is hitting a rough patch with the host, and they are ready to come back.

Bingo! You have now re-acquired that customer, built your brand, set yourself up for referrals from these people ......... and at what cost? A regular email costs very little to write and send.

Personally, I wouldn't even blink at spending time & money to write and snail-mail printed pieces (even with their higher cost) ... again focus on educational... when you put education as your first priority and sales as second, you are telling the recipient that they are important to you, and you aren't all about just trying to pimp them for money.

(And since you seem so upset at what this NKOB host is doing to you and your clients -- I'd say that it's accurate, they are important to you.)

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

Scout, also check your logs server-wide for any traffic originating from Sectorlink's network... and consider blocking their IP space, so they can't email your clients. Be sure to Google every single lead you can (domains, etc.) so that you cover all their IP space ... so they can't wiggle messages in off a different Class C or something.

Could be they are targeting your customers by getting domain lists courtesy of online tools like webhosting.info .... Might as well make it difficult for them.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

They are probobly switching because in my Point of view, you do not offer enough web space
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like you might have to accept you can't compete with oversellers and increase storage/bandwidth for the same price, a bit like ServerLink seem to have done

http://www.besthostratings.com/web-h...k-Reviews.html (Don't know how old that is)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by magnuson56 View Post
    They are probobly switching because in my Point of view, you do not offer enough web space
    yea I know, were working on that...
      0 Not allowed!

Your highest plan has 240mb of webspace.
    Now, thats sad.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!
      0 Not allowed!

I would like to know who died and left any of you judge.

Web hosting is not just about disk space... especially for a regional/local provider, disk space is a rather unimportant part of the equation. Many people are fiercely loyal to their local provider ... if you aren't capitalizing on this (by providing "value added" services, which can be as simple as those regular educational-sounding newsletters) then the package specs increase in importance.

I'm not saying that low disk space isn't an issue, I'm just saying that it is not the end-all that you will often see it presented as here, because the people here are largely budget/overseller clients and not value-added clients. It's like asking your dentist whether you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Predictably, your dentist will tell you your money is better spent on dental work ...............

Bailey
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 40sixty View Post
    Your highest plan has 240mb of webspace.
    Now, thats sad.
    OMG!!
    My personal family website is at least 1GB min. and I still have to had about 1200 other pictures to my photo gallery!
    Charles
      0 Not allowed!

First of all remove those ads from the header. Second, raise your plans space and bandwidth.
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER
      0 Not allowed!

I personaly thing the bandwidth is fine, but i would raise the storage space a bit.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL on their site they say "Since 1996" and their domain name was registered in...2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calande View Post
    LOL on their site they say "Since 1996" and their domain name was registered in...2000
    How do you know that the business wasn't running under a different name/domain prior to the current one? The WHOIS tells you is when the domain was registered, not when the business started. Granted it can sometimes be a good indication, I don't deny that but personally I feel far too many people are willing to jump the gun and check the WHOIS.

Regards,

Pho.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    we just offer local hosting, no dedicated servers.. www.e-webcore.net
    Never use images from other websites.
    http://www.webvision-lk.com/web_host..._hosting.shtml
    hi there!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    Never use images from other websites.
    http://www.webvision-lk.com/web_host..._hosting.shtml
    May I add...Don't put ads that advertise your competitors on your own web site
      0 Not allowed!

I smell a shill....
      0 Not allowed!

It's very obvoius Scout owns both sites; Sectorlink.com and e-webcore.net.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EEssam View Post
    Ofcourse, that's it. Sad...
    hi there!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EEssam View Post
    It is very obvious to me that this is a guess and that you have not researched.

Is the thread strange and should it raise red flags...yes. Is it a shill, sorry my research is saying no.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

At least whois results show two different people. Maybe they're fake, maybe not
      0 Not allowed!

I researched alot furthur than a simple whois.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see anything suspicious.

Baily has good tips.

You may also want to start working on customer loyalty while you still have them, and not wait until they're gone.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!
      0 Not allowed!

omg who even cares.
    Bill Kish
    TotalChoice Hosting
    Hosting over 50,000 clients since 2000
    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

I like
    the kick up a fuss and block the other hosts ip address

also why does your site say "starting at P 20.00 per month? is this supposed to be £?
    Master Reseller Accounts
    Shared Hosting
    VPS hosting
    ToastHosts.com support{at}toasthosts.com
      0 Not allowed!

It's based in the Philippines, so it will be Philippine pesos...
      0 Not allowed!

looks like failed subliminal advertising to me
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalChoice View Post
    omg who even cares.
    Everyone should care if it was true. But I don't see any evidence to support the theory.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!