* OnLiveGlobal -> Worst customer support out-sourcing company; hilarious

Alright, I do not know why but all my technicians who I had hand picked right here from WHT started to leave one by one. I definitely do not think its due to price or work-load cause ALL of them first worked as staff on our help desk for a week and then fixed price themselves. I did no barging at all ~ so I suppose it was a personal problem.

I'll never forgive myself for this, but I took someone's advise and thought to give a shot at outsourcing technical support. I went up to this company called "OnLiveGlobal" - they are all Indians and thats what I needed exactly cause 50% of my customer base are Indians; I assumed I had a perfect match. And was just dreaming of all the money I could save in the process...

First Day
    - excellent work; all support tickets are being answered within 20 mins and resolved withing an hour - WOW!

Second Day
    Now comes t
    - excellent work; all support tickets are being answered within 20 mins and resolved withing an hour - WOW!

Third Day
    Ticket is open 2 hours... 3 hours... I reply and resolve it eventually. A few more tickets are opened in the process and I resolve all of them.

Then I ask for a refund on the 4th day of the service (doesn't their website say 7 days money back?) just due to the lack of service (forget satisfaction for now ). The guy named 'Sooraj' says I'll be refunded in 24-48 hours; alright I'm cool.

48 hours passes by, nothing done. I check MSN, no one is online! All the reps have probably blocked my address and/or deleted me completely of their contact list. So I find this user "onliveglobal" on WHT and PM him and ask him for some help regarding the refund. No continuous response - I fill a dispute in PayPal and now you guys have to read this... its hilarious:

I have censored and clipped a lot of personal information in the quotes below.

PayPal Transaction Details

Message From Seller
    We did get start working on their services as per our SLA. We did work on their Helpdesk and resolved tickets ABC-123456, XYZ-123456, PQR-123456, ABC-123456, XYZ-123456 and many others which are unlogged for over 2 to 3 weeks from Jan 03 and after nearly one month of using our services, the buyer claims saying he is not satisfied.
    After reading this; instead of getting upset or whatever, I was just laughing for a full minute.

I am sure many of you will state that out-sourcing is wrong from the bottom, right and I couldn't agree any less - I wont do that mistake again (and wont dream of saving loads of $$$). I have already picked a few techs again and all good and going now

If the OnLiveGlobal representative even replies to this thread and tries to prove a point, I least care. Who ever reads this is gonna have a laugh and thats what I care now... lol

Just after that incident I did come across a few other companies; ThinkSupport, TouchSupport, BobCares, etc and heard that their near to perfect. I haven't lost complete faith over the outsourcing phenomena but lets see if I choose to outsource later on for something else...

I suggest you do a search to my review about onliveglobal which your situation looks identical to mines. I also decided to venture into the outsource support world but highly regret doing that now.

-I had to contact their support reps to answer tickets as they were not meeting the timeline. I was waiting a couple of hours.
    -I talked to a few of their staff members and they could also confirm with me that other clients were unhappy.
    -They charges me for things that were not part of the per ticket plan. Ex: They called server administration installing directadmin for a price of $15 which I could of easily done myself but figured if they would do it under the per ticket plan then why not...
    -I canceled my service with them but forgot to cancel the subscription payment. They ended up refunding me only like $10.00 out of $50/month. I lost over $90 with this company.

Lol, makes me laugh more.

Atleast now I know that I haven't done any mistake from my side any way that I could be unaware of.

I guess its their company tradition to rip people off.

It happens but be sure to cancel your subscription payment with this company or you'll end up like me. They'll make an excuse such as you had outstanding fee's....

I also love the fact when you click on livechat you get

"Unfortunately, our Live Help staff are currently unavailable.
    If you would like to contact us, please fill in your details below:"
    Last edited by @Matt; 02-04-2008 at 01:39 AM.

Hi Guys,

I dont know what the modus operandi is of onliveglobal but I just wanted to confirm the following:

Was the problem of disappearance of techs happening around Jan 30th 2008?

I am inquiring about this because about that time, a major Fibre Optics Submarine cable got cut. Somewhere close to Egypt is what the news channels reported.
    As a result of this about 60-80% of the net connectivity of India got disrupted.

Bobcares has 3 plus providers and as a result of it, we were able to escape from the total failure of our connectivity with the rest of the Internet World. But we did get affected by latency issues as all traffic was being re-routed through East Asia.

However I believe many of the small time providers who work out of home connections or single bandwidth providers such as Reliance were totally affected.

Even if they went to buy bandwidth from another provider, they would not get it in time because many of the bigger companies would already have gone booking for it and also the costs for bandwidth are prohibitive.

You can read some of the news here.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/COMSR...91717320080130
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7222536.stm
    Lijoe Antony Chakiath
    Bobcares
    Bobcares Blog

Thanks for the info but this was before the 30th for my situation and even they were affected by this incident they should still refund the client!

Look at my dates, I had my problem at around 15th Jan. Way before this Sea-We-Me-4 and FLAG issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G
    Thanks for the info but this was before the 30th for my situation and even they were affected by this incident they should still refund the client!
    Sorry Matt, I agree with your point however I was just reading Ganesh's message and when he spoke of how suddenly the techs stopped responding, I felt it could probably have been the outage as it happened suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    Look at my dates, I had my problem at around 15th Jan. Way before this Sea-We-Me-4 and FLAG issue.
    Hi Ganesh, I assumed you were speaking of the problem towards the end of the month when you had to issue for a chargeback and they gave their reasons. I was just ensuring the sudden issue that popped up in India if it was a reason, should be brought to your notice since everyone writes a clause on Force Majeure when they sign contracts.
    Lijoe Antony Chakiath
    Bobcares
    Bobcares Blog

Yup, I do realize that.

Either way, 2 more days and FLAG is going to be ready Flag-Tel has sent 2 ships full of fiber opics

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    Yup, I do realize that.

Either way, 2 more days and FLAG is going to be ready Flag-Tel has sent 2 ships full of fiber opics
    Lets hope so . Our providers here have informed us that everything should be ready by Feb 10-12 as they then would need to reroute traffic back through original channels .

Lets see how it goes !
    Lijoe Antony Chakiath
    Bobcares
    Bobcares Blog

This thread is rather old, but I could not resist posting!! I met these guys in WHT and was employed by them on a per ticket/job basis during the end of 2007! But they did the same to me, sort of disappeared and I ended up losing about $100!!

Let me add... I'd worked for them for a couple of months and got paid(though had to poke them a thousand times for the payment)! Finally they got away without paying me in Jan!!

Opening this thread from the dead, but if you view their site you'll get warnings about it being an attacking website.

"Reported Attack Site!

This web site at onliveglobal.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

When I tried visiting, browser just hung up.

Firefox 2.0.0.14