Hetzner and RapidSwitch opinions

Hello,

I found these two companies Hetzner and RapidSwitch. They seems to be pretty cheap for server type I'm just seaching for... I mean 10mbit/s unmetered.

Anybody use them ?

I use both. My overall impression Hetzner is better than Rapidswitch.

Can you tell me please the biggest difference ?

I had a very bad initial experience with Rapidswitch server hardware. Just few hours after delivered and for several weeks the crap server unexpectedly crashed until the problem finally was fixed. By contrast, I never had any problem with Hetzner.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-03-2008 at 07:44 PM.

well one is german the other is british... that might make a difference depending on what it will be used for

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    I had a very bad initial experience with Rapidswitch server hardware. Just few hours after delivered and for several weeks the crap server unexpectedly crashed until the problem finally was fixed. By contrast, I never had any problem with Hetzner.
    I had that problem with Leaseweb. The server frequently crashed and "turned itself off" for unexplained reasons. They did eventually replace it, but not until the server was practically dead and would not boot at all anymore.

I also had a hardware issue with Rapidswitch, and while it took a while for them to reach to a conclusion and solve it, they did fix the network issues I had by replacing the onboard NIC with a PCI NIC. Since then the server has been running smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
    I also had a hardware issue with Rapidswitch, and while it took a while for them to reach to a conclusion and solve it, they did fix the network issues I had by replacing the onboard NIC with a PCI NIC. Since then the server has been running smoothly.
    Same here. During the first month Rapidswitch's support replaced the power cord, swapped the chassis, replaced the HD. At the end they did put me in another server and it is running fine since then. I must say Rapidswitch's support people was very nice, helpful, and replied all tickets in minutes.

Hetzner have top hardware and network, had close to 100% uptime with them in last 3 years

support is good as well on the rare occasions one needs email/ring them

Quote Originally Posted by mihd View Post
    Hetzner have top hardware and network, had close to 100% uptime with them in last 3 years

support is good as well on the rare occasions one needs email/ring them
    Agree 100%. They offer rock solid hardware and network for low prices and include perks like free 50GB NAS backup space.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-04-2008 at 07:05 PM.