Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow WHMCS or Clientexec

Now i've been doing extensive research on all possible billing systems that i'd like to implement into my website. But from my research, i've concluded that no system is perfect and that they all have their flaws. However, my top two picks are Clientexec and WHMCS.

The problem that i have with these two is that from posts i've seen, WHMCS has security issues in 3.5, and CE's site was defaced (but not the billing system itself -- unless i misunderstood).

When testing out the signup demo from CE, it's weird to get to the second and third page. The first page was a description of some sort? Then after that, the two options (register domain, self-management) were unavailable until I searched for a random domain, and if it wasn't available, then i had the option to choose the self-management.

Would that be something that could be changed from the Admin CP? Because i find it useless to have a Description of a hosting type on the first page, then on the second page unable to click directly on the Self-Management option...

Also, I've been able to check help desk tickets from the Admin CP, but unable to submit tickets from a test account. Is it a seperate implementation I have to do in order for help desk to work?

----

WHMCS seems that it's better than CE IMO, but i am really worried about their security issues (saw the post on that hacker putting in unwanted files in the package). That's all that's been holding me back, really. The support center that's implemented is done quite nicely, and their signup page is AWESOME...

----

So from personal or professional experience, what system is best to use? I am not really concerned with price (unless it's something unreasonably high (like ubersmith ).
    Sergio D.

I would hold off for CE's new release that is upcoming (currently in alpha) it has some major new functions which will wow you :-)

This is my opinion and not that of newedge / clientexec

Quote Originally Posted by wise View Post
    I would hold off for CE's new release that is upcoming (currently in alpha) it has some major new functions which will wow you :-)

This is my opinion and not that of newedge / clientexec
    The thing is Brian we've all been waiting a while for 3.1... it was expected into Beta by around Xmas, we're now in February...
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Matt has worked hard to fix those issues and in 3.6 I have been told they have been addressed. Matt has a very good product and provides great service so I will trust that the next release will be quite good in both usability and security standpoints.
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

Yes another bad thing about CE is that their updates take very long (from what i've read).

Anyone know what current stable version CE has out there?
    Sergio D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloory View Post
    The thing is Brian we've all been waiting a while for 3.1... it was expected into Beta by around Xmas, we're now in February...
    it was expected incorrectly and many posts have been made to this effect - its the same problem everyone has when they say " we have a new release coming.." ..

It contains MAJOR new components and bells / whistles - as Im sure you probably know from the announcement that was made.

However - I stand by my statement - wait for the new release as it will save you mograting to another product and then to CE :-) (IMO only).

One thing I would say is that CE appears to have more developers and support staff and has already re-written the codebase to allow major expansion ... with no problems another product has experienced

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, I'm just frustrated that WorldPay Futurepay hasn't been included (again) and with a site redesign on the go I don't want to pay for someone to integrate CE only to have to do it again "soon"
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Is there any problem with WHMCS that I should know about? I have been using it for awhile not and haven't had a problem but I just want to know why others do not like.

I played with CE for a while before moving over to WHMCS and prefer WHMCS hands down. Its just a personal opinion but I felt that WHMCS was much easier to move around in and get set up. As was stated earlier I think the security issues in 3.5 have been addressed with 3.6.

John
    Great Plains Web Hosting
    Providing Small Business Solutions
    Hosting For Your Small Business

CE has been my favorite of all time and I will never turn back, great reports, smooth operating, and VERY user friendly for users.

This I think of recent time is an easy pick. WHMCS all the way. The support is great and the product gets constants improvements for you to add.

i think that WHMCS is better

Quote Originally Posted by Blitztek - Sergio View Post
    When testing out the signup demo from CE, it's weird to get to the second and third page. The first page was a description of some sort? Then after that, the two options (register domain, self-management) were unavailable until I searched for a random domain, and if it wasn't available, then i had the option to choose the self-management.

Would that be something that could be changed from the Admin CP? Because i find it useless to have a Description of a hosting type on the first page, then on the second page unable to click directly on the Self-Management option...
    You can link directly to a package, which bypasses the description page and goes straight to the domain page. Register, Transfer and Self-Manage can not be selected until a domain is entered, and the Search button is clicked. You can however remove the options to Register or Transfer a domain.

Also, I've been able to check help desk tickets from the Admin CP, but unable to submit tickets from a test account. Is it a seperate implementation I have to do in order for help desk to work?
    There is a way to prevent certain groups of users from having access to the helpdesk. Perhaps your test account was in that type of group. The default setup, is that all clients have access.

3.1 will include public access to the helpdesk (if you turn the option on). Non-Clients will be able to submit a support ticket and use the helpdesk system to track the progress of the ticket.

Yes another bad thing about CE is that their updates take very long (from what i've read).

Anyone know what current stable version CE has out there?
    Current Stable: 3.02
    Current Beta: 3.1 (not publically available yet)

3.1 is a MAJOR upgrade. Putting a time-frame on something so major, from a developer stand-point, is not a good idea. Just when you think something is perfect, something else can come up.

Instead of releasing a public beta (and getting a ton of support requests when some things don't work right), they are doing the smart thing by fixing the bugs first.

Here is how I have seen CE do things:
    Internal Beta (until all known bugs are fixed)
    Private Beta (a small group of people, who find additional bugs)
    Public Beta (released when the internal and private betas stop getting bug reports).

The great thing about this model, is that when it does go to public beta, the product is relatively bug free.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

I have to agree the 3.1 version of ClientExec has major changes. It includes many more functions than the previous version however still has bugs as it is in beta.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

The new version of clientexec that were using can only be put into one word and thats "WOW". The admin side and helpdesk have been greatly improved. I know this is a big statement but the clientexec helpdesk somewhat reminds me of kayako with possible solutions when your client is typing.

I have decided to go with CE

I was also looking at Kayako SupportSuite. Should I also get this and integrate it with CE? Or will the CE Help Desk be better than the Kayako product?

I have two options: Stick with CE + buy a seperate live chat program OR CE + Kayako SupportSuite.

What is your advice?

Thanks!
    Sergio D.

I haven't had a chance to look at the knowledgebase of CE 3.1 yet... It does look promising though. I should have a chance to begin populating and testing it out tonight though.

If it's as good as it looks, then Kayako defiently won't be required. CE will basically tie everything together as one product.

Livechat is not included, so for that you will need a 3rd-Party product.

If CE could make an internal livechat, and an internal affiliate program, it would hands down be the best billing system available. (even though I think it already is)
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Well, my personal opinion is that the new helpdesk matches up pretty well with kayako.

good to know that CE 3.1 is much better, hope they will release it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
    good to know that CE 3.1 is much better, hope they will release it soon.
    According to http://www.newedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13715

The public beta was meant to be released today.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

another deadline for release missed. this is not good and would be better if they didnt keep setting dates they cant meet. obviously has a lot of issues and bugs to work out

Quote Originally Posted by acebeat View Post
    another deadline for release missed. this is not good and would be better if they didnt keep setting dates they cant meet. obviously has a lot of issues and bugs to work out
    its in beta - its going to have bugs :-) They dont keep setting dates - they get inundated with "when is it being released" questions....

I use CE for my site. I'm actually using the new beta release. I'm pretty impressed so far. Had a couple glitches, posted on their forum, and within a day had a patch that fixed the issue. The folks at CE (newedge) seem to be very responsive to verifiable issues. The one new feature that I like the most is their Knowledgebase, I used another product for a Kbase and migrated to CE's imbedded version. Pretty sweet.

The KBase integrates with the support ticketing system. So, when a user goes to create a support ticket, as they type they are presented with existing KBase articles that match words in the support ticket they are actively typing. This is awesome!

The payment gateways work smoothly and overall the system is highly configurable, I'm very satisfied.
    Peter Marek
    https://www.UltraQuantix.com
    Fast - Reliable - Affordable - Shared Hosting - VPS - Website & Server Monitoring
    Web Hosting Done Right !

Question

I currently contract services from serveral hosting companies (5).
    It is curious to see that none of them use Clientexec.

Their applications go from custom inhouse development to Helm's billing, Modernbill, WHMCS and new the billing solution from Plesk's people called HSPComplete.

One of them, even give away Clientexec but it uses Modernbill.
    So these facts have always made me think of, why they don't use
    Clientexec. Maybe it was too inmature when started they evaluation
    of a billing solution ....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast