How cheap can I go (managed)?

The websites I want to move to a dedicated box are not making wheelbarrows full of cash (yet), so I don't want to pay a premium. Fortunately, neither is the traffic for these sites going to justify getting the very best I can get, at least for a while.

I've scanned the forum and kind of settled on two hosts that people seem to really like: Singlehop and Steadfast.

I have read horrible, bad, awful things about BurstNET. Have they gotten their act together, or are their ultra low prices merely an entrance into a hellish nightmare world of service outages, poor performance and poor service? I sure would like to pay their monthly rate if possible, but not at the expense of wishing I hadn't.

What is your budget? don't forget that you get what you pay for!

Bustnet has many happy customers. Surely mixed in with the bad you must have heard some good about them.

Yes I Have A Good Experience With Them

I really want to keep it close to $150/month for now if at all possible. I want to end up with a good host though so that I can upgrade my service as my bandwidth needs/success of my sites increase.

If you can raise your budget to $169 I would suggest Axis Host. They have a very good reputation and they offer managed servers.

Also, the owner, Tina, is an active poster on these forums.
    I post on WHT strictly for sig views

I would have a hard time trusting any host that is afraid to put their address and phone number on their website.

Take it from a Noob!!! I have been running hosted sites for 3 years, and decided to take the big plunge. After a couple bad experiences and money down the tubes from not researching, I spent a little extra and finally found a home at Pacific Rack. Make sure your options are avalable that you want, for example, cpanel vs. Plesk, and read between the lines, as 3200GB may be 1600 in and 1600 out vs. one that may be 2000 combined either direction. If you have been using a shared host and think you are all set when you make the leap to dedicated, you will be in for a big surprise, alot more to learn, so you will probably want a mangaged set-up.

Have you considered www.corenetworks.net ? I've been there for nearly a year, and have had no problems with their network / support / services.

Michael,

If you have questions about any of SingleHop's services, hardware or facilities, please be sure to let us know. We'd be happy to discuss a much faster and solid solution for your dedicated hosting needs.

Have a great day!

P4 3.06 Ghz HT
    Hard Drive: 160GB Sata
    Memory: 1 GB DDR
    Bandwidth: 1500GB
    Price - $105/Month
    And Gold Management Of HiVelocity.net - $50
    This May Be Good For You
    http://www.hivelocity.net/Hosting/de...rvers.php?gr=1 Visit This
    Regards

I have an unmetered box at volumedrive.com for about 3 months

untill know no problems, speed at day time is a litte slower