Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    transfer speed check

    Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone here can tell me how to check transfer speed and server resources usage by ssh commands.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hiding under your bed
    Posts
    1,275
    top -c for resource usage.
    For transfer speed you better install sumthing like cacti or mrtg.
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cabron View Post
    top -c for resource usage.
    For transfer speed you better install sumthing like cacti or mrtg.
    thanks for the reply. is cacti or mrtg available for windows? I mean where do I have to install this software? on my computer or my server.

  4. #4

    bandwidth by port

    Quote Originally Posted by jcodemasters View Post
    Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone here can tell me how to check transfer speed and server resources usage by ssh commands.

    Thanks
    You can use a program called iftop to break bandwidth down by port. Make sure you check your configuration settings in the program and read up on how to use it a little to make it an easy check.

    r00t

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by jcodemasters View Post
    thanks for the reply. is cacti or mrtg available for windows? I mean where do I have to install this software? on my computer or my server.
    Last I heard, MRTG worked with Windows.. http://www.netmon.org/i-mrtg.htm
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •