server recommendation

server location: US
    ram: 1gb + (2gb would be great)

processor doesn't really matter to me, and same with bandwidth (need about 300 gb at least i suppose)

my price range is $50-$100...

my only concern is there is a lot of load on mysql database..so need good ram (i run forums)

i have a server from dark water but that site seems to be down a lot

my 1st preference is to have companies that are a bit "lenient"...like dark water told me that as long as we dont have any "questionable" content on server, they dont mind a lot (as in they SORT OF allow linking)...so if some company allows linking to "questionable material" ..1st preference

if not, please suggest anyway

they must accept paypal

please suggest

thanks a bunch

llimestone has pretty capable machines with prices starting in the 60's, Comfyhost seems to have some decent boxes for cheap too.

check godaddy, liquid web or hostgator

Er, hostgators dedis start at 174$, and godaddys cheapest is 100$ and not very well spec'd
    Last edited by sexyhosting; 02-03-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: other info

I found
    dimension4networks (webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4918766#post4918766)

looks very good but are they reputable? and also, is their deal (with 2nd month free) still going on?

anyone?

thanks ppl

Looked at them, never used them personally before. When I found the network speed test file it only got up to about 480 KBps and I have 15x2 cable. With most other providers I typically see quite a bit more than 480 KBps. However for the price looks like it might be a good deal

thanks, speed is not a HUGE concern but I just want to make sure it's up and running a good portion of the time.

im going to go ahead and order, according to their coupon im getting 2nd month free so let's see...will get back