Is Midphase stable?

I am using Subdreamer and IP board for my web/forum. I like the software and need a stable host. (My current host is not stable.)

Subdreamer recommend that I use Midphase. They said Midphase has 40,000 customers. It sounds like they are a big company.

Any of you is using Midphase?

Midphase has been recently adquired by UK2, you may want to search about them too.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Although, I like overselling....(something midphase does).....it's not wise to run a database driven site on a overselling host.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Quote Originally Posted by 40sixty View Post
    Although, I like overselling....(something midphase does).....it's not wise to run a database driven site on a overselling host.
    That's just not true

Please remember, overselling does not mean overloading.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    Sr. Technical Engineer - US Operations
    UK2Group.com
    midPhase | AN Hosting | WestHost | 10TB | Resell.biz

Hi Marc,

I have a web/forum using Subdreamer and IP Board. The current host is fast but not stable. It goes down several times a week. Please check my site: sustainablesocietyclub .com (Sorry, you have to type in because I can not display a link yet.) to see if MidPhase can host the software with good speed and reliability.

My other two questions are:

1. Is it easy to install the above software in your shared server? (Somebody else setup my current web site. This time, I try to do myself.)

2. If I tested and liked your host, is it easy to transfer the entire thing over, including the database?

I am very active in the “green” web world. I might bring many green web sites over if your site is truly good.

Thanks,

Steven
    Last edited by stevenchen18; 02-03-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by midphase-MarcB View Post
    That's just not true

Please remember, overselling does not mean overloading.

Marc
    Your 100% right...but at the same time, the potential to overloading the server is higher with an overselling host.

So, it's wiser for him to host with a non overselling host for a heavy database driven site.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenchen18 View Post
    Hi Marc,

I have a web/forum using Subdreamer and IP Board. The current host is fast but not stable. It goes down several times a week. Please check my site: sustainablesocietyclub .com (Sorry, you have to type in because I can not display a link yet.) to see if MidPhase can host the software with good speed and reliability.

My other two questions are:

1. Is it easy to install the above software in your shared server? (Somebody else setup my current web site. This time, I try to do myself.)

2. If I tested and liked your host, is it easy to transfer the entire thing over, including the database?

I am very active in the “green” web world. I might bring many green web sites over if your site is truly good.

Thanks,

Steven
    Hi Steven,

Thanks for your interest. As part of signing up for hosting with us, we'll actually move your files and databases (with the applications in tact) over to us. However, if you want to do it yourself.. please feel free (great way to learn!). And if you get stuck and give up, we can help you get it the rest of the way there.

We try extremely hard to be a stable and reliable host. We've had our share of problems in the recent past, but have been able to greatly stabilize our midPhase offerings.

If all else fails, you have 30-days to try us out and see how it works.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    UK2Group.com

Hi Marc,

That is good. I will try to do myself first. By the way, Subdreamer recommended Midphas. So, I am not very worried.

Thanks,

Steven

Hi Marc,

I have purchased the space in Midphase and moved my site over. I will let people know if it is stable or not.

Thanks,

Steven

Steven,

Welcome aboard, I hope we can meet or exceed your expectations. If not, please do let us know.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    UK2Group.com

Hi Marc,

I have been using Midphase for about one week. So far so good. If somebody asks questions about Midphase, you may ask him/her to check my web site, http://www.sustainablesocietyclub.com

I am very active in the Green web world and know many green web owners. Do you guys taking steps on Green web hosting?

Thanks,

Steven