Thread: Setting up

Question Setting up

I was hesitating but still decided to ask all my qns by starting a new thread since I got more and more confused by reading up alone.

I bought myself a reseller hosting package for one of my personal website around 2 weeks ago and realize that I do not need at least 60% of the resources. I'm thinking of reselling just to cover up some of my expenses and at the same time hoping to gain some experience in setting up a web hosting business.

The problems come in here, I had absolutely no idea on what to do next.. What plans am I suppose/allow to resell as, shared? I suppose I need to get myself a new domain name and what's next? Am I supposed to reduce the current cpanel space and BW so I could make new package and account(s)? How should I go along doing that? I know at this point you're going to give me up and tell me I shouldn't be in this at all.. but but

I read that I'm suppose to change the DNS server to my own and the way to do this is to contact my host, but is it possible that my host make it in a way I could change that myself instead? I believe getting a template next won't be a problem since I'm able to design one for myself but according to one of the article on WHT, I'm suppose to know what billing and order processing script I'll be using in advance.

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to script. What are all the necessary scripts required and where could I get those for free? (yes, I'm only intending to use free script) I don't mind doing everything by manual though. On a side note, I'm thinking of doing something like fdcserver in which they do not provide support to their clients since I'm also almost a complete idiot when it comes to tech stuffs.

It seems that I'm able to see the packages created by my host in my WHM, is that normal? I think I'll be stopping my qns up to this point for now. I appreciate any reply, answer, advice, suggestion, specific link and comment(s). Thanks for taking the time to read nonetheless!

Does your current hosting offer you a control panel such as cPanel/WHM?

I read that I'm suppose to change the DNS server to my own and the way to do this is to contact my host, but is it possible that my host make it in a way I could change that myself instead?
    Generally that is setup from the begining, but your web host may be willing to transfer your domain name into your direct ownership.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.