Quality Texas Providers?

Used ThePlanet for ages and well not to impressed with them in the past 6 months. Not reading tickets fully is a big issue or not following instructions. Response times to tickets absolutely unacceptable with some being 3-4 hours others ranging in the days and most requiring calls to get responses. It really seems like they're more focused on their dedicated server market.

So any suggestions on quality providers for people in need of a few cabs and 45mbit or so and want actual decent response times and knowledgeable staff who read tickets fully?

Some applications are of the ping sensitive nature while others are just your normal web, mail, misc services. So things like cisco guards available and friendly with regards to fixing bad routes would be nice.

I've heard people suggest Colo4Dallas but are there any other suggestions?
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

SoftLayer is very good, not absolutely sure that they provide Colo but they've been good to me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectphp View Post
    SoftLayer is very good, not absolutely sure that they provide Colo but they've been good to me in the past.
    They don't provide colo.

The companies that come to mind for that requirement are:

Colo4Dallas
    UbiquityServers
    GlobalCon
    Cologuys

Are your power/space requirements anything out of the normal? If you have any other specials requirements, those are good to know when recommending a company as well.

The only thing I can think of that may be odd is the power requirements. I was not ever able to use an entire cab before I was told I'd need another due to power restrictions. I believe Colo4Dallas is a lot better with regards to that so they have been contacted just to get a general quote.

Also used GlobalCon for other locations, but I don't think they're in the running this time.

Hey,

I'd say Colo4Dallas is good to go with but I'd recommend you check out www.pacificrack.com for colocation services, although they're not in Texas I'd still recommend you check them out.
    Last edited by JSCL; 02-02-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Colo4Dallas are excellent. I think that should be your first choice. They also have test servers so you can try out their network.

I had a 1/2 cabinet at C4D for a little over a year. I have nothing but good things to say. The staff was always great to work with, and the facility was great too.

I would recommend Cologuys if you are looking for Texas Colo.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    The only thing I can think of that may be odd is the power requirements. I was not ever able to use an entire cab before I was told I'd need another due to power restrictions. I believe Colo4Dallas is a lot better with regards to that so they have been contacted just to get a general quote.

Also used GlobalCon for other locations, but I don't think they're in the running this time.
    We are completely done with the migration and is now operating as normal. We are running only 9% power utilization and we have at least 90 tons of cooling so we have plenty of space and power in our new Plano, Texas datacenter.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>