Niche? Do we have one?

Hi,

I was going through few posts in this forum section and read many users opinion for new bees or who are seeking advice on startup / promotion that he/she need to find out niche in hosting industry. I am just wondering do we still left any niche in hosting world at all? Does anyone has recently started his/her company based on niche? Or, do you know any company started recently?

Thanks!
    “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” - Anais Nin
    + + http://goo.gl/FueXnz

Niche, it is and will be present there, always.

It depends on your imagination, creativity and the market you are going to target.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Niche, it is and will be present there, always.

It depends on your imagination, creativity and the market you are going to target.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. But do you think that the big hosts out there are doing something which is out of imagination and creativity. I am indeed talking about hosting market.

It sounds like you're looking for someone to tell you who to market your hosting services to, where you can make some money. Unfortunately, you're not going to receive any quality answers to that question on these boards. We're all web hosts and we're all looking to increase our sales
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikha View Post
    do you think that the big hosts out there are doing something which is out of imagination and creativity. I am indeed talking about hosting market.
    Yea they are doing something. They are making offers out of this world for diskspace and bandwidth at real low prices to lure you in. Once you get in you realize that their AUP or TOS places limits on what you have. It's like selling a kid a candy company but telling him he can only have two pieces of candy a month.

You can't compete on price. That's why they say to find a niche.
    McNulty Hosting - sales[at]mcnultyhosting.com
    Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Joomla Hosting

Thanks "Shaw Networks" for your post. I am not a web host neither I am interested in selling hosting. The question, I asked out of my curiosity after reading few threads on this forum. I know that most of the hosting companies on this board are looking for promotion and sales.

To :McNultyHostin
    You are right that they offer lucrative prices and hosting resources however, when it comes to customer touching those resources, their AUP makes hurdle.

Our niche is Enterprise level companies with little to no IT department.

To: Woooo
    I liked your domain and concept. You will surely get good response out of that.

To: elektrica
    Please excuse my ignorance but who are the "Enterprise level companies"? Do you offer them any kind of support or web hosting services?
    Thanks!

There are defiantly ways of making money in the web hosting industry but niche markets are where you need to start nowadays. Nobody can tell you which niche is best for you or what to use as a niche either but if you look around for a what people need and is not provided and fill that need than your on your way.
    HostDemon.net - Web Hosting & Design Solutions at Sinful Prices!
    30 Day Money Back | 24/7 Support | No Overselling | Instant Backups | 99.9% uptime | Adult Websites Allowed
    Official Twitter Stream- Check it out and consider following us!

Quote Originally Posted by Shikha View Post
    To: Woooo
    I liked your domain and concept. You will surely get good response out of that.

To: elektrica
    Please excuse my ignorance but who are the "Enterprise level companies"? Do you offer them any kind of support or web hosting services?
    Thanks!
    Enterprise level companies, are companies who could not operate properly without having their servers online. We offer Managed Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by elektrica View Post
    Enterprise level companies, are companies who could not operate properly without having their servers online. We offer Managed Servers.
    Thank you very much for updating me on this!