A little fun with a spammer

www.TheCustomerServiceSummit.org

They got my email and name, presumably, from our website. When I asked how they obtained my information, they stated "Due to our privacy policy we cannot disclose individual nominations."

They're *incredibly* patient on live chat on their site, simply keep asking about their privacy policy. Ask them to view it, ask them the definition of "unsolicited". It's good fun.

What's interesting is that they claim specific people in fortune 500 companies use their information on customer service. I'd love to know what success you have with claiming to be one of those people.
    BudgetVM - The Virtualization Experts
    Mike Gazzerro, Account Manager
    Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Wholly owned by Enzu Inc., an Inc500 Company.

I just find it funny how it redirects to an ip. Did they want you to join Mike? You could try to claim Ubiquity as a fortune500 company lol.

I socially engineered a free account already. There is no quality content on the inside. But it does appear they have real subscribers. The funniest part is stuff like "our guest speaker today is the president of Cox Communications, not the famous Cox, a small midwest company."
    BudgetVM - The Virtualization Experts
    Mike Gazzerro, Account Manager
    Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Wholly owned by Enzu Inc., an Inc500 Company.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SITE IS LEGITIMATE. We have many members and are happy to provide a listen link to anyone wishing to listen in on a past meeting (just ask our service people for this when you make contact). We have warned the originator of this disparaging post (Mike Gazzerro of darkstarllc dotcom) who has been harrassing our service lines and even breached federal laws in posing as a member to get electronic access that he should cease his illegal behavior or we will take action on his Federal Law violation.

Quote Originally Posted by MFPrice View Post
    THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SITE IS LEGITIMATE. We have many members and are happy to provide a listen link to anyone wishing to listen in on a past meeting (just ask our service people for this when you make contact). We have warned the originator of this disparaging post (Mike Gazzerro of darkstarllc dotcom) who has been harrassing our service lines and even breached federal laws in posing as a member to get electronic access that he should cease his illegal behavior or we will take action on his Federal Law violation.
    Try putting periods and commas in your paragraph.
    It will make you more believable.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

GOOD GROUP TO JOIN, MATTER CLOSED.

Here is follow-up correspondence to the managers of the support rep who started this blog. The Customer Service Summit provides good value to its members and we consider the matter closed. Please call me directly if any questions about the Customer Service Summit, my contact information follows below. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 6:23 PM
    To: Clint Chapman and Corey Northcutt, Ubiquity Hosting Solutions
    Subject: Corey/Clint, security break-in by one of your employees from your facilities.

Corey/Clint, we are very upset at a security break-in by one of your employees Michael Gazzerro. He illegally impersonated one of our members (Susan Warring, EVP of State Farm) to gain access to our members-only site and resources while at Ubiquity Hosting facilities (we have the chat logs, IPs, even his legally ill-advised posting of his transgression to an online forum). He broke half a dozen Federal Laws on electronic break-in and likely several Illinois laws in both break-in and impersonation while using your equipment. Both we and State Farm would like a formal apology and your assurance this will not reoccur again.

Sincerely,
    Michael Price
    Customer Service Summit
    Tel. 770-998-9999

Quote Originally Posted by 40sixty View Post
    Try putting periods and commas in your paragraph.
    It will make you more believable.
    experience speaks.

Here is follow-up correspondence to the managers of the support rep who started this blog. The Customer Service Summit provides good value to its members and we consider the matter closed. Please call me directly if any questions about the Customer Service Summit, my contact information follows below. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 6:23 PM
    To: Clint Chapman and Corey Northcutt, Ubiquity Hosting Solutions
    Subject: Corey/Clint, security break-in by one of your employees from your facilities.

Corey/Clint, we are very upset at a security break-in by one of your employees Michael Gazzerro. He illegally impersonated one of our members (Susan Warring, EVP of State Farm) to gain access to our members-only site and resources while at Ubiquity Hosting facilities (we have the chat logs, IPs, even his legally ill-advised posting of his transgression to an online forum). He broke half a dozen Federal Laws on electronic break-in and likely several Illinois laws in both break-in and impersonation while using your equipment. Both we and State Farm would like a formal apology and your assurance this will not reoccur again.

Sincerely,
    Michael Price
    Customer Service Summit
    Tel. 770-998-9999
    semi-retired

or we will take action on his Federal Law violation.

No you won't. If you were serious, you would have done it by now. Instead, you're wasting your time joining a message board for the sole purpose of posting your idle threats.

Here's a clue...while your members might be a little slow to catch on, members at WHT will call you out.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Haha, didn't think it would turn into something like this.

Hahaha, wait, what systems do you have in place where someone named Michael could be mistaken for someone named Susan? I would think the voice on the phone would kind of give it away... If you asked me I'd take this as an opportunity to reconsider the overall security configuration. Wouldn't your gross negligence of just handing out the information with no proper verification, I have to assume there wasn't any as it didn't seem hard to gain access, trump the fact that he was able to get the information? From what I can tell it is a bit of investigative journalism, as the findings were publicly posted here.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Sounds like he gained access via just chat, no phone activity. Something other than chat should be required to gain access if this is indeed THE summit of customer service.