Different hosting plan=different strategy??

Recently, I found some things new to me.
    I found some famous hosting companies just offer some large bandwidth packages.Such as 5GB/month,10GB/month and 15GB/month.They will only provide sveral high bandwidth packages.
    On the other hand, some companies will provide lots of various small hosting packages.Such as 5Gb/month,7Gb/month,10GB/month....
    Are there any strategies with different hosting packages???

nobody know it

If I understand the question correctly - there are very few product driven strategies that will help you drive sales. There are so many hosting companies in the market that no matter what you offer - a hundred other hosts offer the same.

Think more in terms of marketing strategies & strategies related to delighting your customers so they become unofficial sales people for you.
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

THX!

Here is something to consider. It is a proven fact that a person who is shopping, if confronted with far too many decissions, will actually not buy at all. Large host have a few packages for a reason. They have high priced marketers telling them these facts. Small companies tend to overload people with too many options. Think about it. If you are shopping and had 10 hosting packages, all very simialr, would you buy or just say "this is too confusing" and find a host who has easier choices?

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    Here is something to consider. It is a proven fact that a person who is shopping, if confronted with far too many decissions, will actually not buy at all. Large host have a few packages for a reason. They have high priced marketers telling them these facts. Small companies tend to overload people with too many options. Think about it. If you are shopping and had 10 hosting packages, all very simialr, would you buy or just say "this is too confusing" and find a host who has easier choices?
    On the other hand, the host could provide you with what you really need and use i.e. I don't need blah and blah, but blahblah would be nice. So it's more of a "custom" package, you know.

If the disk space & transfer are almost the same (give or take) within the 10 packages, it's the features that count. If the disk space & transfer make jumps to, then you know you can always upgrade and maybe stay with that host for a while rather then take the big host, use all the resources and have to move or pay 3x for the overusage.

If I were starting a site, I would find a host (with 50 plans or just 3) that offers what *I* need. Not what the host thinks I need.

something that may account for the differences between hosts offering high bandwidth plans and other providing lower bandwidth plans, is the cost of supplies - in fact I'd say this would be the main reason above all others.

Hosts offering high bandwidth for general market prices will 9 times out of ten being using few backbones, while the lower offerings are usually the result of a wider range of providers - quality through quantity.

Redundancy costs money

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

THX!