Thread: apache 2

apache 2

i have apache verion Server Version: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)...do you think that i must upgrade to apache 2?is it necessary?i will see an diffrence?

Yep, I would recommend you update to Apache2 for security and performance.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

when you say performance what you exactly do tou mean??i will see a big difference where?tell me please

Upgrading to Apache 2 from Apache 1.3 was rather painless and seemless. Don't be afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by kteo View Post
    when you say performance what you exactly do tou mean??i will see a big difference where?tell me please
    Apache 2 outperform Apache 1 as per benchmarks. Do a search in google, you will find it. I don't think you will be able to feel it after upgrade unless you do benchmark tests.

One of the advantage is MPM.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

i asked some friends and they are sayin that still do not recommend apache 2 as they still see stability issues with it

If you don't have issues with your current configuration I don't find any reason to upgrade.