Critters in Tennessee! Giant Racoon! :)

Hi!

<Danger-Humour..ye have been warned!>

I don't normally go out of the house at night. There is a very good reason for this...here in the Sticks of Tennessee we have critters. Some of these critters are quite big..and have teeth. Lots of teeth. Hence..seeing most of them are noctural..they can have it. Best leave be..in my book.

Sadly..last night I had to break that rule..and discovered we have another mouth to feed at the outbuilding..a very large racoon. A very, very large racoon. I wasn't so surprised of the racoon itself..but it's sheer size was..uhh..surprising.

I'd bet she/he was about 20 pounds...and I am *Soo* glad it was more surprised at my appearance there..and hightailed it..but not before stopping and taking a pretty good look at me.

Last time I made this mistake I discovered a possum..again..same deal..pretty darn big..lots of teeth. The possum was not only more scary looking than the racoon..but he/she did not move at all..and I did the flight thing as quickly as possible. If memory serves..it was a full reverse!

We have all sorts of other critters herer I would rather meet either. Rumours persist about a bobcat..and I have seen big cat tracks..well..bigger than a housecat..so..some kind kind of cat.

We bears too..I have seen a bear..once. It was in our driveway...and it was pretty darn big too.

Critters. If you're going to leave near 'em..best policy seems to be: I don't bother you..you don't bother me.

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 02-01-2008 at 10:45 AM.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Good policy unless you're armed.
    Ash Slaughter, former Systems Operator for Scratch Telecom
    Oracle Ninja, Linux Admin, Java/JSP Developer, Casual C#/ADO.NET/ASP.NET Monkey, Python Programmer, CCNA.

...So that's what I ran over driving to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...So that's what I ran over driving to Chicago.
    How's your car doing after all that?
    Ash Slaughter, former Systems Operator for Scratch Telecom
    Oracle Ninja, Linux Admin, Java/JSP Developer, Casual C#/ADO.NET/ASP.NET Monkey, Python Programmer, CCNA.