Host Quote Outdated

Can we please update the host quote. The hosting options are over a year, if not more out of date, the process doesn't allow customizations and no hosts reply.

Does anybody use the quote system and does it work or am I just misunderstanding the wonder of the WTH find a host quote miracle?

Are you talking about the Find A Host > Request A Quote link?

options are over a year, if not more out of date,
    Which options are "out of date"?

doesn't allow customizations
    It does allow comments though. You can fill it out as best you can and then add further request information in the comment field. Or you can go to the HostVoice site, which does have an 'other' option.
    no hosts reply
    That's strange. We usually hear the opposite.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Sorry wasn't clear. I'm refering to the request a quote.

Out of date:
    Processor speeds, no options for multi cores, hard drives up to 300GB only, only 2 HDD max, traffic up to 2000GB, operating systems (freeBSD, Windows, RedHat Linux).

As far as the comments, ive had to put in my whole order in that field as the predefined options didn't fit at all. comments field should be for additional comments only.

Only email I get is from WHT telling me that I should be reciving quotes soon.

When I do however do get replies from hosts they are totally off the mark on resources and prices. The feeling there I get is that they get the email, ignore the request and just plug their latest special.

When I do however do get replies from hosts they are totally off the mark on resources and prices. The feeling there I get is that they get the email, ignore the request and just plug their latest special.
    Last time I used it, a good 2 or 3 years ago, thats the exact same as I got. It wanted SSH included in my plan but all of the quotes I recieved prohibited SSH.

It's as if the hosts get an email and an automated reply is sent out without a human set of eyes having a look to see what the person wants or does not want.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Last time I used it, a good 2 or 3 years ago
    I would venture to say that they haven't been updated in the last 2 or 3 or more years

Yup, i would agree, it needs a update

Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Last time I used it, a good 2 or 3 years ago, thats the exact same as I got. It wanted SSH included in my plan but all of the quotes I recieved prohibited SSH.

It's as if the hosts get an email and an automated reply is sent out without a human set of eyes having a look to see what the person wants or does not want.

Paul
    Paul, would that mean there's an good opportunity for hosts that actually provide what you need to advertise in their system? We were contemplating it at one point, but figured the person requesting the quote would be bombarded with similar offers and it just becomes a matter of price at that point.

How did you end up picking your host?
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

Paul, would that mean there's an good opportunity for hosts that actually provide what you need to advertise in their system?
    Yes, but there needs to be a human that goes over the request before an email is sent out.

How did you end up picking your host?
    I had a look through the offers forum, and chose a well respected host on WHT.

Paul