Just a few Questions

Greetings,

I've been browsing this mammoth forum and have learned a great deal about SEO and page rank. I have a few questions that I was unable to find answers for in past posts.

I have started manually submitting to this list of 1900 free directories:
    http://www.web-directories.ws/General/Free/page-1.html

While I realize this is a lengthy process, we want to use our money to advance our streaming quality and such. Anyway, I ran across this particular site:
    http://boardreader.com/

It seems to be a directory that crawls forums , Im not positive on that, but our nearest competitor had a ton of links from their forums on this particular website via google. I've already submitted to it. I was curious if you knew any other forum based directories that would be a good place to start rather than maybe getting them randomly through that list of free ones?

thanks in advance

Directories listing is one of the step in seo process and you need to do many things apart from this like find way to get backlinks, optimize your keywords and do promotion of your site, combining all you can watch the result will start coming up!

Optimize onpage is first thing you must do on SEO: Make it valid and friendly!

There are many forums whose signature links are indexed by search engines, but IMO they are discounted by Google at least. I see at least 1200 links using my sig from several forums, but the rankings are not coming from those links, but from SEO friendly directories, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    There are many forums whose signature links are indexed by search engines, but IMO they are discounted by Google at least. I see at least 1200 links using my sig from several forums, but the rankings are not coming from those links, but from SEO friendly directories, etc.
    There are those who claim that forum signature did give boost to their PR and SERP. Giant forum sites with reputable background, I believe, would be a big help in SEO campaign.

Boardreader is a "strange animal" and I'm very sceptical that it would be useful for you. It is better to define your SEO goals and to strat searching for websites which can help you to to reach your target group. YOu need more people to come on your site and moe visibility. This will bring you high rank in SE.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor