3 Months Review For Scarabweb

Oh gosh,

I don't believe it just 3 months. Feel like it's already a year.

Background

I moved to ScarabWeb because I sense that my old host are going downhill. Tickets are not answered in timely manner, website hacked
    twice in a month.

My decision to move is a good one I must say. After considering a few choices, I end up with ScarabWeb. I have their Mini Account.

Initial Experience

I already forgot the sign up experience. But I guess it must be quick and normal. If not, I surely will remember.

They helped move 40+ of my account.

Actually at that time, I move 2 of my reseller account to two
    different host.

One give me excuse when I tried to change username like my old one. They said it will be difficult to do.

But Scarabweb change mine with no hesitation. Kudos to them.

What prompt me to write this review is,

Praise whenever a praise is due,

Last week I held a workshop. In the workshop I use a function
    provided in Cpanel to demo to my students (newbie to website building).

Suddenly, I got a 500 error (very unusual but it did happened
    a few times with almost all my reseller account with different
    provider. It's a permission error and one host blamed Cpanel for it.

With my other host it takes a lot of times (at least a few hours)
    to fix this problem.

With ScarabWeb, they fix it in matter of minutes. I am very
    relieved because I'm able to continue with the tutorial.

I really appreciate ScarabWeb fast and knowledgeable support.
    (I italicsized knowledgeable because there are company who emphasis on
    the response speed, but not on resolving issue)

Keep up the good work!

p/s: A sample site hosted with them is in my sig.
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Glad to hear you're satisfied with your web host So whenever you report an issue to their technical support department they have it completely resolved within a few minutes?
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Most of the time. If not, they are fixed with the first email.

The don't send meaningless email saying, "We will get back to you shortly" (and didn't contact you for one whole day) and such.

I forgot the details of every tickets (although there are not much of them), but I can be sure none take more than 12 hours (half a day).
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

What types of sites do you host with scrabaweb? Are there any forums or blogs? Any site with CMS? Is there some high traffic site? Can you give link to some site?

This is just to ensure that they meet my needs. I have some sites that have reasonable number of visitors. Thanks.

Its good to see a web host offering quick support and making their customers pleased their service.
    Good choice edu4vision!

I used ScarabWeb a few months ago and I absolutely loved their service. There was very little downtime and the support was always there to help.

Yea I am joined them about a month ago with a reseller myself and while the support is great and I had one short instant of downtime I have liked them so far.

I can't help but wonder with the recent changes to their plans is a good or bad thing. While less overselling is nice the idea that they are strapped for resource isn't. While my own pricing has stayed the same their deals just aren't what they used to. Shame as well because I liked them so much I was thinking of canceling one of my other hosts and expanding my account with them.

Thank you for your comments, it's always nice to see happy customers

Ariolander, it is correct that together with the revamp of our site recently, we did also make some changes to our hosting plans.

The reason for this is not because we are having problems or are running out of space. We did an audit on our current plans and decided to adapt our business plan a little.
    The fact is that over 90% of our customers never even come close to reaching all their appointed space and bandwidth, so in our point of view there simply was no reason to keep the plans as large as we did.

The changes made are not that huge, by the way. And apart from that, nothing else has changed. Quite the contrary, we continue to improve our services wherever we can.
    And if necessary, we can always provide customized plans, so if you need anything in particular, just let us know

Best regards,

Patrick Brookings
    Manager
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Hi Patrick, can you confirm if the downtime experienced by your users are typically planned or unplanned? And if they are planned, is there an email notification that goes out?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nerd1 View Post
    Hi Patrick, can you confirm if the downtime experienced by your users are typically planned or unplanned? And if they are planned, is there an email notification that goes out?

cheers
    Hello there,

Naturally it is impossible to plan all downtime, but I can assure you that we don't have any downtime to speak of. Plus we do have a 99.9% network uptime guarantee.
    If there is any scheduled downtime then we will of course notify all customers on that server. We post it in the notifications on our forum, on the status page and send an email to the customers involved.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Patrick Brookings
    scarabweb.com
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers

Naturally it is impossible to plan all downtime
    100% downtime. That could be planned, notified and guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    100% downtime. That could be planned, notified and guaranteed.
    Well yes, that's of course what I mean by scheduled downtime