Thread: PDQ users?

PDQ users?

I've noticed that the users who register via our PDQ gets the lines of enoms output:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This information was provided by Enom, Inc. an accredited ICANN registrar.
    http://www.enom.com
    Register your domain name today!

and not our information above the domain:
    Registration Service Provided By: KuwaitNET Inc.
    Visit: http://www.KuwaitNET.net

how come? anyone else using PDQ facing the same problem?

Well, eNom is the actual registrar and it is their whois database which is providing the information. I've never seen it differently for any eNom resellers at all.

Mike

it does , try whoising kuwaitnet-inc.com it shows our output, try to whois suicider.net it shows registerfly.com output as registration service provided by
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Interesting - I'll inquire with enom.

mrk

Where exactly would you enter in the info to have that returned from a whois anyhow? I checked mine and it doesn't show anything in the place where yours shows your lines (???). I'm not sure how you registered your domain (though what interface, etc.), however many of my domains were transferred in, so maybe that's why, I don't know.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Well, I did receive a response from Ted Gray on it, forwarded from their "whois guy" (they've got a whois guy? )

Here's the response:

> "Enom info isn't shown for any reseller names. Also if the reseller has their Org name and web site address filled in in their contact info, we will show that at the top of the whois output. Note that currently domains in subaccounts will show eNom info, and I'm fixing this.

Greg

the way to do this is by "my enom / my info" in the left nav. from your eNom account and put an Organization and Website URL in your information.

T. "

A little cryptic, but the meaning I'm deriving from it is this -

It seems that if you register your own names in your own reseller account, those show up in whois with eNom's info (I've not thoroughly checked this out, but believe it's correct.) And I think that customer-registered names show up with YOUR COMPANY's info as the registrar in the whois record. However, I think that when he says that subaccounts still show up with eNom's name in the domain record, that he's likely referring to RESELLER subaccounts - so, my conclusion is that anything registered directly in a reseller account likely has eNom's info, and anything in a retail subaccount likely has your own info.

I'd confirm, but I'm swamped this morning

Perhaps somebody else can confirm this.

Mike

here is eNom's answer:
    > > Bashar,
    > >
    > > My other answer is incorrect.
    > > I just recieved word that thi is a BUG in our system.
    > > We will have it fixed as soon as possible.
    > > I am terribly sorry for the mixup.
    > >

Chicken
    if you have PDQ and any of ur customer register domains via PDQ it shows enom lines below the domains and not your reseller informations above the domain you they register i.e registering via registryrocket.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

OK, I just did a quick test. The domains that I have registered in my reseller account show up with my company as "registration services provided by".

eNom shows up as the registrar for any of my retail sub-accounts.

More digging latter to see what it looks like for my reseller sub-accounts.

Frank
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com

yeah resellers sub-accounts shows ur resellers info, but retails accounts shows enom info.
    and while PDQ uses retail sub-accounts thats why it shows enom's info

how much is this PDQ?

$99/year

what does it do?

How much does PDQ cost?
    There is an annual subscription fee of $99 for PDQ. Any transactions involving credit card processing will also receive the regular credit card processing fee of $0.95 plus 3% of the total transaction amount. All transaction fees will be deducted from your commission account.

explain to me where I am a reseller here but I make a commission?

I buy from Names4ever.com at $7.95 retail price right now( used to use godaddy for $8.95) don't have to pay them any more than $7.95

You make the difference between the price you pay per domains (varies) and the price you sell the domains for (minus the $0.95 plus 3% of the total transaction amount).

• Chicken

Hello,

Has anyone of you noticed that your PDQ reseller site loads very slowly ? Even sometimes takes ages for itself Enom, Inc. to load.

Any comments ? Anyone have the same problem ?
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

i've noticed the same, the only thing i can think about is that eNom runs its services on NT boxes which might cause this thing.

but its kind afaster when you to to https:// instead of http:// i tried it myself..

BTW eNom has fixed the reseller information on the sub-accounts, just wanted to let you know all

Originally posted by HeadMaster
    Hello,

Has anyone of you noticed that your PDQ reseller site loads very slowly ? Even sometimes takes ages for itself Enom, Inc. to load.

Any comments ? Anyone have the same problem ?
    And I've timed 30+ second domain checks which does indeed suck. I wrote them about it, but they didn't reply.

• Chicken

Look !!

Friends,

I registered a domain with Register.com. And before that I checked the ability with both Regiser.com and Network Solutions... Did also give /whois info on it and the domain was faild and available for registration.

Now, they claim that it was regitered long time back...

Dear A.,

Thank you for registering 4a.org and welcome to the Register.comTM community. We want you to get the most out of your new Web address with two of our most popular services, both designed to work hand-in-hand with 4a.org:

The username/password doesn't work... Today I checked the whois info and I got this :

Domain Name: 4a.org

Registrar: DOMAINSITE.COM, INC.

Registrant:
    Bach, Tim [email protected]
    QuickNet
    579 willow ne
    salem, OR 97301
    US
    Phone: 503-589-1095
    Fax: 503-589-1095

Administrative:
    QuickNet
    579 willow ne
    salem, OR 97301
    US

Technical:
    QuickNet
    579 willow ne
    salem, OR 97301
    US

Billing:
    QuickNet
    579 willow ne
    salem, OR 97301
    US

Record created: 2002-04-28 14:07:26
    Record expires: 2003-04-28 14:07:26

How could it be possible... Its even not registered thru Register.co

Any comments ?
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

Headmaster -

1. Not sure what this question has to do with this thread.

2. Not sure why you'd register with register.com - ugh.

3. Your question is completely unclear.

Mike