I'm curious. I have VPS's with two companies that have managed/semi-managed support (depending on how you define it) and rely on them for a fair amount.

Whenever submitting a support request, I have to submit my root and cPanel passwords. Do people in my situation leave their root password as they would normally and just changing it however often they would if it wasn't given to support? Or, do you change your root/cpanel passwords before making a support request, and then change it back after the ticket is closed?

No offense intended to either of the VPS companies or their personell (that monitor WHT), both have been great. But, the reality is that I take it everyone at the company that has access to submitted tickets now have access to the root password, and since as a customer, I don't know when there has been employee turnover, that seems a security risk.

So, I am curious how others handle this. Not really sure if this belongs here or in the VPS forum, but since it could apply to any type of server/hosting account, I figured it belonged here.