Thread: Godaddy speed

Godaddy speed

I have a dedicated box at both Godaddy and theplanet (I'm a carry over from Rackshack days)

I have noticed what appears to be a significant response speed loss between the two; theplanet being much faster than godaddy - ping response times are almost double for godaddy vs. theplanet. Being surprised that godaddy would deliver a decidedly inferior service I was wondering:

Does anyone else know if godaddy's dedicated service is slower than theplanets?

Do you have test IP's and or speed tests for them? Also, what is their respective bandwidth allotment?
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

As in ping responses: Have you checked the distance from Pensacola to ThePlanet (Dallas, Texas) and from Pensacola to Godaddy (Scottsdale, Arizona)

SLLLLLLLOOOOOOW

In the last week my dedicated Godaddy server has slowed to a crawl. Remote desktop is slow and page serving is slow. A page with a webservice that used to take about a second and a half now takes about 14 seconds. I have two different ips for two different accounts and they are both slow. Oddly enough godaddy.com pings just fine. They must host their page somewhere else!