Motherboard that support 4 physical CPU

Is there any economical motherboard CPU which support 4 physical CPU?

Thanks

Hi,

Why do you need 4 physical CPU's. As much as there would be alot of power and there are boards which support this. Your hard drive speed and RAM would bottlekneck your system unless you had SAS 15000RPM Drives and DDR2-8300 or DDR3 RAM.

Economical, depends on your definition. The board will likely run $700+ and you'd need to buy the series of CPUs that support 4. It definitely won't be cheap, by my standards at least.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebspace View Post
    Hi,

Why do you need 4 physical CPU's. As much as there would be alot of power and there are boards which support this. Your hard drive speed and RAM would bottlekneck your system unless you had SAS 15000RPM Drives and DDR2-8300 or DDR3 RAM.
    You have no idea how wrong you are. We have 16 core machines that hardly touch disks, and ram is definately not a bottleneck.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Hmmm ok youve proven me wrong, Why do you need 16 cores.

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebspace View Post
    Hmmm ok youve proven me wrong, Why do you need 16 cores.
    Because we need the processing power?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

4-way motherboards and processors are about a twice expensive as 2-way. 4-way systems isn't economical at all in their ideology. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can get 3x 2-way systems at the cost of 1x 4-way system or at least 2x 2-way will be cheaper. I recommend you to think about load distribution across N servers. If you will have good software, you can scale far more than 4-way.
    GARM Technologies - Latvia's #1
    Dedicated servers, VPS and Co-location in Latvia.
    Any type of hosting service you can imagine.