Is there a cirtexhosting.com competitor out there?

The reason I want to choose Cirtex hosting is that they offer for ffmpeg and mencoder to render video upload and convert.

But I found out that more people are leaving them and complaining them due to poor tech supporrt (non-english speaking tech), server download more often.

So i am very reluctant using them. Therefore, I just want to know if there is (are) any web host provideer could do the same like Cirtex but the services are better than Cirtex

Thanks

beside of ffmpeg, what are your needs? and what's your budget?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-30-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Posted on PHPMotions page I found http://www.infrenion.com/ffmpeg.html
    Maybe check them out. Im awaiting a dedicated so I can get away from Cirtex myself.
    Dave

They use to come around and to join conversations. Check them if they keep strict to "30 day money back" rule. You would be OK with them or with any other company. Do not get negative about any hosting company only because someone said it is not good for them.

About "poor english". Almost every American or Canadian company outsources overseas. It is like that! But I agree it is funny when a guy with a strange accent answers the phone with "Company Name. John speaking!"
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Ultimately, poor support will really force you to leave a host. There are still alot of hosts out there that provide similar package with better support.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
    About "poor english". Almost every American or Canadian company outsources overseas. It is like that! But I agree it is funny when a guy with a strange accent answers the phone with "Company Name. John speaking!"
    There are exceptions out there... ask your prospective company's sales team about this before signing up...

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Hi,

In regards to the issues that you experience. Please feel free to contact us and request management or level 3 dept for higher level support until we resolve issue for you, as it is our goal to make sure every customer is satisfied.

Thank you
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

There aren't many hosts that offer FFMPEG conversion with shared hosting. Most of the ones I've seen do so on VPS or dedicated server packages since it is highly demanding on server resources (CPU) and adversely affects a shared hosting environment if the site does a few hundred video conversions a day.

You need to mention a budget and what other needs you have besides FFMPEG.
    Hosted by: Hudson Valley Host (6 months+)
    Past Hosts
    : LevelHosting (2 years), Speedy Sparrow (2 years), 5ribu (3 months), Cirtex Hosting (5 years), Powweb (2 years), GoDaddy (2 years), SynergyBox (2 months, defunct), Freezoka (6 months), Peachy Dandy (1 year, defunct)

I believe Dreamhost supports ffmpeg on their shared accounts.

I know Crucial supports FFmpeg. Why exactly don't hosts support this? Is it really server intensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixago View Post
    I know Crucial supports FFmpeg. Why exactly don't hosts support this? Is it really server intensive?
    It can be very server intensive.