Thread: MOT Question

* MOT Question

Hello Everyone

Anyone here in familiar with the MOT System here in UK

Thing is i had an MOT Today done on my MOT Test Certificate it says Next Expiry Date Feb 6th 2009 (Next year) Which i assume it has passed its MOT or else it would not say this right?

I got the Green MOT Test Certifcate VT20

HOWEVER attached to it is a VT20 which said "Reasons for Refusal for a test certificate"
    001 Nearside Headlamp aim too high
    002 Offside headlanp aim too high

now i checked online on MOT Website and it says

Test Result: Certificate Issued (Pass)

i dont get it have i passed my MOT or not?? i only realised whne i got home checking the Certificate can anyone help?

Garages usually find faults and then tell you that your car has failed the MOT and it will cost £xxx to fix. If you get them to fix the faults they normally redo the MOT for Free. As these were minor faults and probably took 30secs to fix they may have fixed them for nothing and they passed it rather than wait around for you to agree and them waste an engineers time performing the retest at a later date.

If in doubt call them to check.

Sounds like they failed the car on the headlamp aim, very common
    They have then adjusted the headlamp aim, and then passed the car

If you have the MoT certificate then the garage should really have explained that!

Remember though the MoT only certifies a vehicles roadworthiness for one day!
    The certificate itself is valid for 12 months (or 12 months plus the renewal period if the MoT was carried out within 30 days before expiry)

We had our MOT done, it had a corroded rear brake light cable, but he fixed it before bringing the car back.

Check with the garage but like others have said, sounds like they're just giving the reasons it failed but they fixed them for you!
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

It's hit and miss anyway - I got an advisory attached to my MOT one year, forgot to do anything about it (!) but then passed with flying colours a year later - my car fixed itself!
    Ryan Green
    Netixa Internet
    A Fresh Look at Hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by Netixa View Post
    It's hit and miss anyway - I got an advisory attached to my MOT one year, forgot to do anything about it (!) but then passed with flying colours a year later - my car fixed itself!
    yea, I had the same thing told the exhaust would fail at the next MOT. 3 years later still that same exhaust.

Also don't forget the MOTer is getting £50.35 for 1/2hrs work when the going rate is £40/h, and he's trying to bribe you to get your service etc. done there.
    zaax

i imagine if it says you have passed, then it could have just been oberservations, or minor tweaks by the garage and they just had to mention them.

Have they specified any 'extra' charges on your bill?

Liam

Thanks guys yeh i checked it up it passed fine - seemed that they fixed the light aim

No extra charges on ther i booked through nationwideautocentres costs about £43

!