I am looking at selling my company, including all of our hosting and domain clients. The reason being is that I am looking at directing my attention to another side of business and want to find a good home for these clients.
There are 28 shared hosting clients(a few have small reseller accounts).
1) There are 4 or 5 resellers(all except for one use the reseller accounts for their own websites). The biggest plan we offer for this is 5 gbs of space and 50 gbs of bandwidth though they also don't use much resources either.
2) The rest of our shared clients are on our starter plan or similar(similar meaning close to the same or less then the specs of this package) that gives them 800 mbs of space and 10 gbs of bandwidth. None of them use anywhere close to this.
Here is a breakdown of our revenue for the year(I went through and calculated all clients who are active and have paid their last invoice). Most of our clients pay monthy, some pay quarterly, bi-annually and annually. Most pay using credit card or paypal, but a few pay via check/money order. Most of these clients have been with us for the last 1-2 years. They are all really good clients which don't give us any problems and maybe submit 2-3 support tickets in total each month. So they are low maintenance.
Shared Hosting Clients: (28) Annually Brings in $4082.49
Domain name Clients: (217 domains) Annually Brings in $3221.09
Total Annual Revenue: $7303.58
Right now you can buy just the clients for $7000 USD or you can buy the whole company which includes:
1) Company Domain Names.
2) Full Website Design(beautifully designed easily worth 1-2K).
3) Industry contacts with our partners we have formed with.
4) All shared hosting and domain name clients.
For this we are asking $10,000 USD.
If you have any questions or offers please feel free to pm me. Thanks.
To make this more equitable you need to break down the profit/loss on the domain sales. Bottom line is that most of your revenue is going right to the registrar company. Hense while it is part of the total revenue package, it is not contributing much to the profit.