Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

29 Indian IT cos among world's best 100

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...st-100/266997/

Washington, January 30: Twenty-nine India-based companies have been listed among the best 100 IT service providers in a new survey carried out with a view to assist business heads of major outsourcers identify reliable, innovative and tech savvy partners.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Well, congratulations! :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Not surprised. Indian companies grow fast very fast. And people there work over everytime. And as rule they have better pricing policy.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

No doubt India is the outsourcing capital of the planet. India's massive population is perfect to draw upon for talent, especially in the area of IT outsourcing. They also work much cheaper than employees in the USA, so this is obviously exploited (or taken advantage of) by companies around the world.

I just wish my phone company didn't outsource tech support to India. No offence to the Indians here, but it's damn near impossible to understand their Indian support techs on the phone.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

For a while anyway.

I think India is a big bubble right now, and its bound to burst soon...

Can't remember the book name, but it was talking about outsourcing and saying how many places in China will work for less money than Indians will.

Since India is being developed, its just a matter of time until more and more pay is demanded until its cheaper to go elsewhere.

my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    I just wish my phone company didn't outsource tech support to India. No offence to the Indians here, but it's damn near impossible to understand their Indian support techs on the phone.
    No doubt about it. One of the worst ways they outsource is phone support, because as you said, you can't understand them half of the time and it makes it frustrating.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.

Yes indeed very frustrating, you call because you have an issue that needs to be resolved. But then it becomes an issue in itself to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sjosh36 View Post
    Yes indeed very frustrating, you call because you have an issue that needs to be resolved. But then it becomes an issue in itself to resolve the issue.
    Shall we stick the topic instead of diverting it to a hatred discussion towards Indians. Its the companies which have to decide and the customers backing them must make a protest in order for a better support instead of blaming Indians who do quality , hard work for a cheap labor.

Hatred and Frustration are two completely different things. In no way am I condoning hatred of anyone. I appreciate anyone who works hard for little money, especially the caliber of work provided. I am simply stating that is is difficult to resolve and issue when there is a language barrier. I believe that to be a valid point with out taking away from the 29 companies who made the top 100. To them my hat is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Shall we stick the topic instead of diverting it to a hatred discussion towards Indians. Its the companies which have to decide and the customers backing them must make a protest in order for a better support instead of blaming Indians who do quality , hard work for a cheap labor.
    Quality to our standards means being able to speak fluent and understandable English. The support techs may very well be knowledgeable and smart (Information Technology wise), but if they do not speak great English, they're not up to our quality in that way.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212 View Post
    For a while anyway.

Can't remember the book name, but it was talking about outsourcing and saying how many places in China will work for less money than Indians will.

Since India is being developed, its just a matter of time until more and more pay is demanded until its cheaper to go elsewhere.

my $.02
    I don't think so, Indian market in itself is rapidly growing, domestic market's needs are growing, today even Indian companies have started outsourcing (though from local providers only), and its not just IT sector other sectors like manufacturing, FMCG, retail, finance and what not. Today Indian companies are taking over foreign companies (real big companies) all this is not for bubble to burst soon.

8 years back when I started my web design/development firm and later hosting, IT sector was going downhill in US, most of the techs/developers were returning home, but the market here sustained and evolved with bigger force.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer View Post
    Quality to our standards means being able to speak fluent and understandable English. The support techs may very well be knowledgeable and smart (Information Technology wise), but if they do not speak great English, they're not up to our quality in that way.
    And yes one thing is there, even if you become cheaper, we won't be outsourcing from you, as you won't be able handle Indian customers. We are capable of reading writing speaking at least, good enough English, some French, some German, some Spanish etc. We have the IQ to understand what the other guy means even if he is using broken English or Hindi or any of the other language we are fluent in.

If you can't even understand your mother tongue, something is wrong with you. But that is not how your companies think.

The most amusing behavior I have observed here on WHT is whenever such a topic is discussed you people will start your rant on outsourcing, its not just economy that started outsourcing there are many other factors too control the whole scenario, if you are outsourcing support and back office jobs we are outsourcing technology, what you are paying us we are paying more than that to you. Its simple you are exporting we are exporting, you are importing we are importing too.

The problem is you don't want others to grow beyond you. Some time back USA made so many sanctions against India when we were developing our own cryogenic engine, what happened, today our rockets are launching satellites of other countries too. Today keeping all there policies behind USA is keen on shaking hands with India on nuclear technology, why, because your government know it, You Can Not Stop Indians.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

What actually i meant to say is stop blaming Indians and blame the companies which outsource the work. People here are trying to help with they can.

Quality work means - They are able to provide you good support in technical wise. Lack of understanding exists but which is also improving as the standard of education in india is changing.

Cheap labor - I don't think so you need much info on this.

Its funny how a post starts off talking about how India is becoming the leader in IT support ends up talking about how you can't underdstand them on the phone. Too funny. Hmm wonder about outsourcing phone support to South American countries. Cheap and English speaking too.

I don't have any problem with the staff in India, I have worked with a number of them at my works outsourced building in India and they do the job very well.

The problem I have is that the companies are basically helping to increase unemployment in their own country. However, from a business point of view India is a fantastic country to get involved in.

But is it OK for a hosting company to outsource their tech support?

Personally I despise any form outsourcing, and become enraged whenever I have to deal with outsourced (Indian or otherwise) support for any product or service.

I can see how it has it's place though, and kudos to India for having so many top IT firms. Good job.

I'm with you on that to seankoons....I'm 100% against outsourcing anything....I'd rather keep our jobs in the U.S rather than outsourcing them a different country.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212 View Post
    For a while anyway.

my $.02
    This is true. If India wishes to continue to grow, it needs to adapt as a country. With the massive exploitation of the Indian workers, the wages have started to go up, and will continue to do so. Already companies have begun to outsource to other countries like Zimbabwe, South Africa, and China. As they do that the demand for Indian workers will die off, leaving many qualified IT workers out of work.

As well, if India truly wants to grow as a country, it needs to begin to heavily invest in the infrastructure. Until there is the infrastructure there, it's just a bubble that grows closer and closer to popping.

Quote Originally Posted by seankoons View Post
    Personally I despise any form outsourcing, and become enraged whenever I have to deal with outsourced (Indian or otherwise) support for any product or service.
    When you say "enraged" do you mean that you make point in not shopping in discount stores but rather in USA owned and operated stores that sell only products made in USA with USA only made parts and you rent services only from companies that do not outsource any portion of their business?

"Fault" for outsourcing is not with Indians or even corporations but with Americans who just love it. I know that they love because they buy in it more and more every day.

Oh and as large majority or Americans love outsourcing so much, saying that you are "enraged about it" could almost be considered un-american.
    Last edited by sasha; 01-30-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    When you say "enraged" do you mean that you make point in not shopping in discount stores but rather in USA owned and operated stores that sell only products made in USA with USA only made parts and you rent services only from companies that do not outsource any portion of their business?

"Fault" for outsourcing is not with Indians or even corporations but with Americans who just love it. I know that they love because they buy in it more and more every day.

Oh and as large majority or Americans love outsourcing so much, saying that you are "enraged about it" could almost be considered un-american.
    By enraged I mean I hang up the phone and either cancel my service or return the product that broke which required me to call their support in the first place. There are exceptions to this ofcourse, too many to list.

I don't think a "large majority of Americans" love outsourcing as much as you say they do. Sure it works for large corporations and businesses that are looking to squeeze every dollar possible for profit, but for me I'd rather create jobs here where I live and promote the local economy.

I don't know of a single American that "loves" outsourcing. I think we all pretty much hate it. It costs people jobs, and has caused a helluva lot of frustration.

And I'm willing to purchase products, and services, if they made in America or serviced in America, even if it means I'm going to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    I don't know of a single American that "loves" outsourcing. I think we all pretty much hate it. It costs people jobs, and has caused a helluva lot of frustration.

And I'm willing to purchase products, and services, if they made in America or serviced in America, even if it means I'm going to pay more.
    Americans (and Canadians and others) express their love with dollar - everything else is empty talk. Take a look at the most popular shopping destinations and you will see places that sell cheaply made foreign products and their support services are outsourced.

When Wallmart goes bankrupt your words might have some weight.

No doubt about it. One of the worst ways they outsource is phone support, because as you said, you can't understand them half of the time and it makes it frustrating.
    A couple of days ago I couldn't connect to the net on my mobile broadband service, so I call up the tech support. Some lady in India takes my call, and for the next 5 minutes I am trying to make some sense of the conversation. She's probably very smart and capable, but I could not understand her properly over the phone line. I eventually just said thanks and I'll try again later, and hung up.

I've nothing against Indians. They play some excellent cricket. Got talking to a bunch of Indians in Sydney while they were celebrating their team's win in the cricket. Boy those chaps can sure drink.

Back to outsourcing, it's unfortunately a reality in this global villiage we all inhabit. India will use this to build their economy, and so they should. One of their greatest resources is their massive population, that serves the needs of other countries in the area of outsourcing.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    When Wallmart goes bankrupt your words might have some weight.
    How does Wal Mart have to do with a support representatives inability to speak English? They're simply a retail outlet, they're not the company doing the support.

If you want to play the game though, look at companies like Dell or Earthlink. Since outsourcing their customer support, customer satisfaction has significantly decreased, which has resulted in much smaller customer numbers for both companies.

Of course, Wal Mart isn't doing that great either...

Sure, I have no problem with that. TouchSupport is one example of a company that provides very good outsourced support that feels inhouse. A few remote based employees is pretty much the same as a team from touchsupport, based on my personal experiences. They're also more cost effective and just as efficient if not more efficient.

Looks like they were judging numbers and profit margins rather than quality
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

I'm not surprised to see Indian companies among the top IT's but 29 out of 100 is rather surprising to me.

The moment I saw this thread I knew it would have already been turned into an Outsourcing thread.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
    Looks like they were judging numbers and profit margins rather than quality
    If the numbers and profits are high, it speaks quality .

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    If the numbers and profits are high, it speaks quality .

quite a contrast to what the hosting industry wants consumers to believe.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Yeah, I concur. I find it difficult to understand a lot of what they're saying (and I'm an INDIAN, for crying out loud!). But, to their credit, they seem to be more courteous and ever-willing to help (some of the qualities needed by tech support).

As regards hatred, come on!!! Grow up! This is not about hating one country or loving another. I am an Indian (born in the USA, but still Indian at heart) and some times I get frustrated with what is going on. Outsourcing is good for the global economy but is playing havoc with the US economy. We don't have a technical job (or for that matter the technical edge) in the US, primarily because our cost of living is so high that it's well nigh impossible to survive on the salary being paid to an Indian consultant.

Yeah, Indian companies will thrive (they have a great domestic need in addition to the needs of the different countries). As an aside, I manage a group of programmers wbo live around the globe, some of whom are in China. I would say I have the same problem understanding my Chinese counter-parts ( or maybe more) than I have understanding the Indian collegues. It is so (I can say this out of personal experience) because the thought flow is in their native tongue and is then translated to English which, for those who are not aware, can be horrendous.

My 2 pennies worth.

Quote Originally Posted by AHFB HTML View Post
    quite a contrast to what the hosting industry wants consumers to believe.
    Not really though. If you can't find the quality then how come there are profits and growing numbers.

Hosting industry is entirely different from what's the discussion is going on. You can't stand in the market if you don't offer quality product at a competitive price.

I can see how it has it's place though, and kudos to India for having so many top IT firms. Good job.
    Hey, that's tough because the way my industry (the pharma industry) is going, you're going to have many "Outsourced and online" nurses, who will possibly be in India (or China or Russia) and would assist you when you're not doing well (health wise). That's how the cookie crumbles so the sooner we get used to it, the better it will be for us.

I don't know if you have any kids but I do and all children's toys are now made in China, so I guess your kids would get no toys whatsoever (since you don't want to buy anything that's not made (or supported) in the US of A

Quote Originally Posted by kushal96 View Post

Hey, that's tough because the way my industry (the pharma industry) is going, you're going to have many "Outsourced and online" nurses, who will possibly be in India (or China or Russia) and would assist you when you're not doing well (health wise). That's how the cookie crumbles so the sooner we get used to it, the better it will be for us.

I don't know if you have any kids but I do and all children's toys are now made in China, so I guess your kids would get no toys whatsoever (since you don't want to buy anything that's not made (or supported) in the US of A
    I think there is some confusion here. Let's get something straight. I happily own and will buy products MADE in ANY country - India, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Germany, England, USA, et. al. Certain products from those places tend to be even higher quality than those made here in the US.

What I really don't like is when I have to pick up the phone and try to play phonics games with the person providing support for the product I purchased (and calling yourself by American-names doesn't help either). I live in America, I speak english. It's only appropriate for me to expect the person on the other end speaks english as well. I didn't dial India. There is a difference between making products and providing support for said products.

I don't understand why it's not P.C. to want domestic, US-based support. I just want to be understood and to understand whats being told to me on the phone. And you know what? My customers feel the same way, hence my adamant refusal to outsource tech support.

Oh, and as for the 'pharma' industry, no thanks buddy I don't think I'll be needing the services of a 'virtual' nurse or doctor based in Hyderabad anytime soon, I'll stick to the ones down the street in the hospital here in NYC.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post

And yes one thing is there, even if you become cheaper, we won't be outsourcing from you, as you won't be able handle Indian customers. We are capable of reading writing speaking at least, good enough English, some French, some German, some Spanish etc. We have the IQ to understand what the other guy means even if he is using broken English or Hindi or any of the other language we are fluent in.

If you can't even understand your mother tongue, something is wrong with you. But that is not how your companies think.

The most amusing behavior I have observed here on WHT is whenever such a topic is discussed you people will start your rant on outsourcing, its not just economy that started outsourcing there are many other factors too control the whole scenario, if you are outsourcing support and back office jobs we are outsourcing technology, what you are paying us we are paying more than that to you. Its simple you are exporting we are exporting, you are importing we are importing too.

The problem is you don't want others to grow beyond you. Some time back USA made so many sanctions against India when we were developing our own cryogenic engine, what happened, today our rockets are launching satellites of other countries too. Today keeping all there policies behind USA is keen on shaking hands with India on nuclear technology, why, because your government know it, You Can Not Stop Indians.
    SPOT ON. well said

@Vinsar You win my respect:
    We have the IQ to understand what the other guy means even if he is using broken English or Hindi or any of the other language we are fluent in.

If you can't even understand your mother tongue, something is wrong with you..

- Coming to Hyd anytime soon? you got it (someone said a while back.... oh those guys drink too good)

A couple of days ago I couldn't connect to the net on my mobile broadband service, so I call up the tech support. Some lady in India takes my call, and for the next 5 minutes I am trying to make some sense of the conversation. She's probably very smart and capable, but I could not understand her properly over the phone line. I eventually just said thanks and I'll try again later, and hung up.
    Terrible, Well yes I understand your pain, But actually your companies are betraying their customers to outsource to low quality providers, there are every level of providers in india, but your company got what it paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar
    First off, you should not take it as personal, A customer care(lingual) experience is a very far from IQ, AFAIT.
    Last edited by Woooo; 01-31-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woooo View Post
    Terrible, Well yes I understand your pain, But actually your companies are betraying their customers to outsource to low quality providers, there are every level of providers in india, but your company got what it paid for.

First off, you should not take it as personal, A customer care(lingual) experience is a very far from IQ, AFAIT.
    Not really. Understanding the problems and the pain taken to help them is high. I remember this

The representative asked to close down all the windows and the person at other end went and closed all the windows of his house. you need damm patience to handle such customers.
    What would you say?

Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Woooo View Post
    I never said they were "low quality providers". I just couldn't understand her over the phone.

I never said they were "low quality providers". I just couldn't understand her over the phone.
    Then actually you should complain to your provider, no? Instead of making it look like 'INDIANS' are incapable! know where your problem is.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by indy500 View Post
    Then actually you should complain to your provider, no? Instead of making it look like 'INDIANS' are incapable! know where your problem is.... lol.
    Where have I said that Indians are "incapable!"?

It's not me who has the "problem". Take your strawman somewhere else before it falls ontop of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast