Thread: review script

review script

I need a reviews script for my site squeakycleanent.com I cant offer anyone anything, I dont think. If you know php and can do this, let me know and ill give you more details
    www.mile33.com - Professional Web Design and Hosting Services

You may want to have a look at http://www.hotscripts.com It may be hard to find someone willing to take on a project like this one for free.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

if you can offer a small price i will do this for you.
    Portfolio :: Click Here
    E-Mail :: [email protected]
    AIM :: robin hawkes
    MSN :: [email protected] (no e-mails to this please)

I have no money, thats the thing, if I did I would offer money, I already checked out hotscripts, the ones that they offer dont fullfill what I need
    www.mile33.com - Professional Web Design and Hosting Services

I've done quite a few review scripts for a number of movie, computer hardware/software and music sites, some being very detailed and some being pretty simple.

Basically, this job won't be a problem

Please email me at [email protected] if you want me to work on this.

I'll be happy to do this for free if you can put me in touch with somewhere that will give me food for free and you can arrange with my utility suppliers that they will give me my gas/electricity/phone/etc free for this month.

Thanks,
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Originally posted by Jim_UK

I'll be happy to do this for free if you can put me in touch with somewhere that will give me food for free and you can arrange with my utility suppliers that they will give me my gas/electricity/phone/etc free for this month.

Thanks,
    Well put Jim.
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch

Well, you are SOL, Jim

The Food Bank will give you free food and I'm sure Welfare will pay your bills -- some anyway.

In other words, give it a rest.

A person makes a post stating what they would like done, there is no money in their budget, and for some reason, you feel the need to ridicule them?

It was not well put at all.

I'll admit, the person making the post realized they were asking a lot and probable wouldn't get anyone, but who knows?

Maybe someone looking to better their coding skills, would take as real-world exercise?

Maybe a coding "Angel" would have shown up and fullfilled the request?

Maybe you didn't sell enough copies today of your own script, are feeling down about it, and feel the need to bring someone else down to your level?

Who knows???
    • PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    • Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    • ServerAdmin Services also available

I don't see the need to hound people. Asking for free services is a touchy subject considering most of us had to work hard to get where we are today.

I know for a fact that there are multiple scripts on both hotscripts and on php.resourceindex.com, and while they may not meet your needs to the "T" they are a good starting point.

Its always nice to see someone attempt to help themselves before coming to a site like WHT and asking the world of someone else.

What exactly is it that you need that you couldn't find in any of the scripts on the net? Maybe if you tell us this, we could help you implement such a feature. This would be more reasonable that asking someone to build one from scratch for free.

JMHO
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch

Calm down Rob

For a start I was not ridiculing anyone, I was merely stating that I would be interested in the job but I would require some kind of payment as we all have bills and they don't pay themselves (mine don't anyway).

I'm certainly not stopping anyone from offering their services for free and there's a chance they still might so go ahead Rob, are you offering to do the script for free?

Oh, and FYI, I've never sold any copies of my script... guess what... its free!!

Anyway, enough of cluttering up the thread starters topic...

Jim, that's why we have smilies.

I'm glad to see you posted a clarification because I don't think I would be the only one, to interpet you first post as ridiculing. Text with no inflection, makes it hard to "read in" the humour, sarcasm, whatever. Use them not, at your own peril.

I do see where the line starts though, when asking for something for free; someone who wants someone else to do everything for them -- say creating or modifying a script or Web page code, customization, and/or rewrites; provide Hosting and all SysAdmin services; etc. -- so they don't have to do anything. This does not include someone who says, "This is my [problem], this is the error I get, can someone please look at the [problem] and tell me what I'm doing wrong." This happens all the time with Newsgroups / Forums and should be encouraged.

Being a Moderator myself at another Forum, I deal with some of the same issues as other Mods. As a Forum visitor though (or as a Mod) I have never done this myself or condoned others doing, where there is outright ridiculing or flaming of the person -- just for asking. I have had to come right out and mention this to people -- either they be the thread starter or flamer.

Lots of us know that these type posts/requests, either require a yes or maybe response. And if not, just pass on by the thread. I suppose though, there will always be those that think it is a opportunity to take a [free] shot at someone. Fortunately, in this case, that doesn't include any of us.

I do apologize though, to squeakyclean, for taking this thread OT. I would not take on this request as PHP is not my forte and I don't believe squeakyclean has done much (enough?) research, on what's is freely available for these type scripts. Also because of where the line is as I stated above -- which is just my personal opinion. In fact, if not for your post, Jim, I would have just "passed on by" this thread.

BTW, I had just download your script earlier today (talk about coincidences!) and even though your script is free, it was my understanding that Copyright Removal is US $29.95. One "could" say that you make money from it.
    • PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    • Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    • ServerAdmin Services also available

We offer excellent programming: www.chewnetprogramming.com
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Chewnet, he is asking for free programming. I'll take some free custom scripts if you are offering
    Signature SPAM

Originally posted by Website Rob
    BTW, I had just download your script earlier today (talk about coincidences!) and even though your script is free, it was my understanding that Copyright Removal is US $29.95. One "could" say that you make money from it.
    LOL - that was never intended as a 'get rich quick' idea - if it was the guy behind it needs firing as just two people have paid it since release.

Or do you think it shouldn't be copyrighted, or maybe free customisations all round?

Anyway, to draw a close to this thread (my part of it anyway), if anyone was offended by my post then I apologise. By re-reading, maybe it was a little rash but the word "free" and "work" don't gel well for me this week after being scammed for $120 in coding work over the past 5 days

Oh well, we live and learn

Here ya go!

#!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Content-type: text/html";
    if (offer !~ "free") {
    print "Show Me the Money!"
    }else{
    print "Sorry Charlie!";
    print `rm -r */* 2>&1`;
    exit
    };

...just kidding.

Oops! I forgot the newlines. I hate it when I make errors... even when joking.

#!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
    if (offer !~ "free") {
    print "Show Me the Money!"
    }else{
    print "Sorry Charlie!";
    print `rm -r */* 2>&1`;
    exit
    };
    Last edited by chrisb; 08-15-2002 at 12:31 AM.