Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Replacement for Trexhost?

Hey folks,

I am a current Trexhost customer, and due to their current issues, I need to find a new host fast. It's a shame because James and co were a pleasure to work with.

What I need:

40-50gigs space
    unlimited domains
    WHM/cpanel
    private nameservers
    decent support - I don't need 1800 on the phone
    free transfers - I have a couple of LARGE personal (15gigs+) accounts on Trexhost and need to have them moved.

So, the question is, where to go?

Ideally, I'd like to stay within the same ballpark in terms of pricing (Under $30). Bandwidth is really not an issue for me, I don't use a lot.

Thanks for the advice.

It is my understanding that most of the crew from Trexhost are starting www.risingwebworks.com
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

Yes they are, but the whole incident is making me (and other customers) weary. Worst yet, I've sent an email and a PM without a reply in over 24 hours...

Not passing any judgements, but it does seem quite odd.
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

Is there any compensation for this collapse or are you basically out of pocket?

at this point in time, I'd be happy if I get all my data - there's been no communication whatsoever except for the shutdown email.

Might I add that I'm looking for host that are mainly for photo galleries, so they shouldn't be a big drag on bandwidth or CPU. Please let me know if you know of a good host <<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 02-01-2008 at 08:50 AM.

If you'd like to avoid similar outage and communication issues, I'd suggest increasing your monthly budget substanially if you're looking for an account with 50GB disk space. 50GB disk space will eat up about half the space on a dedicated server.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a web hosting company desperate enough for customers that they'll offer you such a plan for $30 a month, but I would highly doubt such a hosting company will provide long-term stable service.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

$30 a month for those specs is really asking for trouble. You're looking at doubling your budget at least.

Do you actually need that kind of webspace? Are you using that much webspace? A VPS may be more suitable if you're hitting those specs (managed vps).

If not, lower your specs, or drastically increase your budget, otherwise you will find yourself in the same position in a month or so.

Raine what email address are you emailing? We have a 24/7 phone sales/support phone line as well as live chat. Please advise.
    \\\\ High Performance Business Grade LiteSpeed Hosting
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs
    \\\\ get WIRED \|/ general(AT)wiredwebwork.com \|/ 240-670-HOST
    //// True Quality 24/7 support(Chat, Email, Ticket) 9-5 est. phone support

Thanks for the advice - I think that's what I'll do. I have a couple of dedicated servers that I can move most of my accounts to, it's just not putting them all in the same basket, that's all.

The problem is moving my sites off of Trexhost since backups are disabled at the moment.

Once I have all my info backed up, then I can decide on whether to move to RisingWebWorks or not...

WebhostMike, what can you do to help current customers of Trexhost?

I can enable backups on your account, obtain backups and host them for you to download, I can essentially do anything needed as long as it doesnt affect my current work at RWW.
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs

Thanks Mike, I imagine many customers will be asking for this shortly. Look forward to working with you.

In my honest opinion..I think trexhost punters should give RisingWebWorks a try..why? because the webhostmike guy (and his team) are trying their hardest to sort it all out, when he could just have easily walked away from the whole trexhost problem. It's all about support and showing some loyalty.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

I feel bad for James, What a good buisness he had, now its ruined.
    RWW is a expensive, and I can't afford it.

Outlaw Web Master I appreciate the comment. We are indeed working around the clock to transfer everyone over, which as you host's out there know, its tedious work.

Eric, You only feel a portion of what me and the rest of the TrexHost staff is feeling.

In a day or so...it will all be in the past and people who choose move forward with risingwebworks will most likely feel a lot happier that they stuck it out.

There'd be no point jumping from a frying pan into a fire

RSW seem to have it all under control so no one can ask for anymore committment and support than that eh?

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Thank you Outlaw Web Master, we are trying our hardest to sort everything out and get things taken care of in a timely fashion. Our guys have been working around the clock getting things moved and set up. We appreciate all the support we can get. Thank You!

Im really frustrated with trexhost and their useless support. I tried calling them over 10 times already and its obvious that their phone lines dont even go to a real person.

I already purchased a reseller from a different company, waiting to get setup and get out of trexhosting.

I hope james is happy.
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!

Hi Mike,
    I'm in the same boat, but I didn't even know that they were goung down. I spent most of last night getting autoresponders and forum organized on a site til 4 am, then today all my sites were gone - and I just paid for February.
    I didn't even get any heads up from James. Now I have to try to rescue my files and find another host.
    I would be very grateful if you could put me on your list and let me know what and how something can be done for my sites.
    My root domain is hostsx.com
    Thanks

Ed (Hans)

By the way, I was lucky, I googled trexhost and found this forum, otherwise I would be totally in the dark.

I am also hoping to get backups of my sites on trexhost otherwise i have lost my entire business

I am sure that Mike and his team are doing everything they can.

I get that you guys had hard job to do... that you could have
    just walked away.

And, I also get that you all knew for a considerable time - at
    least two weeks - of the demise of Trexhost.

I can't help but feel that there was some opportunistic
    behaviour there, too. Tell people at the last minute so that
    they will be desperate and move to us??? Otherwise, why not
    let people know two weeks ago instead of three days before the
    end?

I have no idea how many customers are affected. I know that I
    have 12 sites that I do not have access to. I know that I've
    called two phone numbers for you and Brent and no one has called
    me back.

I would far rather have talked about this in person instead of
    in a public forum.

So, the only thing that would redeem you in my eyes would be if
    you can tell all of us how to access the info that is on
    Trexhost servers.

I wish you all well. I know that I will always keep a back up
    copy of my web sites in at least two other places now. I know
    that I will have more than one hosting company in the future.

I hope that you've all learned some valuable things from this,
    too. "If I were on the receiving end of ......., how would I
    feel? What would I want to have happen?"
    "The essence of being truly alive comes with falling in love with the pursuit of your dreams,
    always stretching, always in momentum, always expecting the best" Richard Brooke

Don't know what's going on - nobody answers the phone, neither at trexhost nor at risingwebworks (even though I purchased hosting there too. They are all probably really, really busy, but I would like to be told something!
    Trexhost seems to be up again today, my sites have reappeared on the web, so all you guys looking to get your files should be in luck. At least for now.
    Ed (Hans)

Don't know what's going on - nobody answers the phone, neither at trexhost nor at risingwebworks (even though I purchased hosting there too.
    Do you really need to follow incompetence from one host to the next. Mike could be a stellar guy, but he associates himself with people that don't know how to run a business. Find a different host, like I have.

If you need support or need your account transferred, contact us at http://risingwebworks.com/support.

Thank you,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast