Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cirtex Hosting, any experience?

Have anyone do or done business with Cirtex Hosting? I am currently having reseller accounts with Hostgator, but on eof my web site requires ffmpeg and memcoder to do video rendering and hostgator can't meet my need. So I am thinking of moving to Cirtex Hosting.

Cirtex Hosting is very strange to me, so if you have any experiecne with them, please advise me

thanks

Have you already checked out their uptime record at WebHostingStuff.com and their customer reviews at HostSearch.com?
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

just

search them here, there are a number of reviews detailing downtime and support issues, along with a couple by shills for cirtex. i was with them for 4 years and the last 6 months was enough to get me gone.

Hi,
    i have been with cirtex for a while to try the you tube clone. There servers is badly overloaded and slow and there support sucks. Most of the time the support dont know what they are talking about.

i have signed with scalahosting a few months back that offers the same and i must say there support is great. They offer the options you want. if you are planning to sell this option i suggest a dedicated server as these scripts is resource hungry.
    Last edited by johannes; 01-30-2008 at 04:02 PM.
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE

I have seen many bad reviews about cirtexhosting, about their support being too slow and downtime. Search for more reviews on WHT, I am sure you'll find what you are looking for.
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

Cirtex is great for me. Been with them for 6 months now and only a couple hours in downtime in total.

Depends on the server you get dumped on..
    Cash4Berry.com - Sell your cell for cash!

I love cirtex. no problems at all!! very fast server! I have been with them for around 2 years.

I just don't believe some of the posts here are on the up and up.
    Cirtex provided the worst hosting experience I've ever had. Take a look at this thread.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=cirtex

If you're having problems with Hostgator, you ain't seen nothin' 'til you get to Cirtex.

Interesting. I've switched from HostGator to Cirtex and it's been fine ever since.
    Cash4Berry.com - Sell your cell for cash!

Quote Originally Posted by xtrafile1 View Post
    Interesting. I've switched from HostGator to Cirtex and it's been fine ever since.
    Thank you for your kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.S View Post
    I love cirtex. no problems at all!! very fast server! I have been with them for around 2 years.
    We'll continue doing our best

Quote Originally Posted by xtrafile1 View Post
    Cirtex is great for me. Been with them for 6 months now and only a couple hours in downtime in total.

Depends on the server you get dumped on..
    Thank you for your comments
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

They're downtime now!

I don't know exactly time i got, but i can't contact support when server down!

That's good sercice?

Thank you for your patience when waiting for Live Help, we apologize for any delays that you may experience.

Currently 15 users waiting for Live Help. [Refresh]
    I think that nobody can get them help when their server up again!

I use cirtex hosting for a forum and they have been solid.

cirtex isn't for people who need 99%

cirtex works fine for people who don't need 99%, who don't make money off of their website, and who can take multi day downtime hits several times a year, with no tech support available (who can make any sense).

i didn't fall into that category, so i left. i was also somewhat dismayed to find that they have numerous shills in the various forums. as you can see from their own posts they have the trick of making "one of the greatest of all time" out of a review that says "one of the greatest disasters of all time" down.

cirtex is great i have been with them for about 14 months and its all been great

i believe

the above poster makes my point exactly....

I ordered with them. They have GREAT customer support!

Dont get stuck even if they give you hosting for free.

my website has been suspended 4 times in last one month just because they said " overloading the server ". I was denied to any info on what processes overloaded the server or what went wrong.

Most recently my website was suspended for 40 hours and after like 20 posts in their billing dept now they opened the site saying that it was overloading the server and we are opening it again now. WOW so kind of cirtex.

I actually came here to get some review for a host and found that cirtex reviews are very bad here too. so I'm sharing mine.

Hi

Feel free to Private message me here directly with your account info and I'll do further investigation. If you are getting suspended multiple times, chances are you really need to upgrade to a more semidedicated or dedicated enviornment and your site is no longer suitable for shared hosting enviornment. Sorry but most hosts would do the same, anyhow I apologize for any inconveniences but sometimes we have to make a decision and your site was affecting other customers' experiences with us.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by pakiecom View Post
    Dont get stuck even if they give you hosting for free.

my website has been suspended 4 times in last one month just because they said " overloading the server ". I was denied to any info on what processes overloaded the server or what went wrong.

Most recently my website was suspended for 40 hours and after like 20 posts in their billing dept now they opened the site saying that it was overloading the server and we are opening it again now. WOW so kind of cirtex.

I actually came here to get some review for a host and found that cirtex reviews are very bad here too. so I'm sharing mine.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi

Feel free to Private message me here directly with your account info and I'll do further investigation. If you are getting suspended multiple times, chances are you really need to upgrade to a more semidedicated or dedicated enviornment and your site is no longer suitable for shared hosting enviornment. Sorry but most hosts would do the same, anyhow I apologize for any inconveniences but sometimes we have to make a decision and your site was affecting other customers' experiences with us.

Cheers
    How cool that sounds huh ./

You dont want me to snapshot the whole ticket no. YIP-821271 here ? do you ?

Oh well let me give you a little glimpse of what happened last time, it also tells me that it's your routine to just say UPGARDE. Even though I did two times, I feel it wasn't necessary. Let's see what you have to say about this ?

Code:
    Support: Welcome to Live Help, how are you today?
    Support: Hi
    Support: How may i help you ?
    Me: Hello Support
    Me: I need to upgrade my package
    Me: can you help me with this
    Support: i have not authorised to acces sthe bililng so you will mail to billing@cirtexhosting.com
    Support: They will upgarde your package and update your email asap
    Me: I have opened a ticket for sales but i see no reply for hours
    Me: can you transfer me to sales ?
    Me: It's kinda urgent
    Me: I only have few gb's left for bandwidth usage
    Me: if they dont upgrade me, my service will be interrupted
    Support: An invoice has been created for you for the pro-rated price of the upgrade for the rest of your current billing cycle. To pay this you can log in at http://billing.cirtex.com

Once payment is processed your account will be upgraded automatically by the system. Let us know if you need any further assistance.
    Me: I cant see any pending invoice in my control panel
    Support: ok you will mail to billing@cirtexhosting.com
    Support: They will upgarde your plan and generate invioce
    Me: When does their time start ? in like how many hours ?
    Support: with in shortly our biling will upgarde your package and update you
    Me: I already have a ticket
    Me: can you please process it on priority so that i can avoid down times
    Support: Let me know your tciket number ?
    Me: EPE-Removed
    Support: we have update our bililng team to update your ticket asap
    Support: anyother assist we will do for you ?
    Support: Have a Great day !
    Support: Take care -bye

After Like 3 Hours.

Me: Someone around ?
    Support: Yes
    Support: weekend is not working in the bililng
    Support: your ticket will update you asap
    Me: Sir, I want to avoid the service interruption, can you do anything about it ?
    Support: Let me know your domainname ?
    Me: www.mydomain.com
    Support: currenlty you are in shared hosting so that you have faced this type of site slow problem
    Support: upgrade your plan to vps hosting this will fix your problem
    Support: refer the url http://hostv.com/ to check out the plans
    Me: Excuse me
    Me: when did I said I have slow down problem ?
    Support: anyother assist we will do for you ?
    Me: instead of helping me out with the problem you are telling me to upgrade to VPS :S
    Me: sir i am not having problem for slow down, if you read my ticket again it is about upgrading a plan
    Support: If you need any further assist mail to support@cirtexhosting.com
    Support: we will better positin to asssist you
    Support: Have a greta day !
    Support: Take care -Bye '
    The support operator has closed this support request.

Hi,

Replying here is not going to help with your situation as your site was causing problems to the server and still is, feel free to private message me directly and we may be able to find a more permanent solution.

Your account needs to be upgraded as it is not suitable for a shared hosting environment, please review the logs below, I have filtered out your username, this is after we have unsuspended you again for you to improve on the issue.

This is the entire server's MySQL ADMIN Current Processlist and you consume more than 95%...There's either large traffic or issue with your script ran..and we've asked you multiple times to investigate into it to avoid another suspension.

| 53844 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1885 | | |
    | 53845 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1885 | | |
    | 54775 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1652 | | |
    | 54923 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1617 | | |
    | 55152 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1553 | | |
    | 55348 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1504 | | |
    | 55432 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1486 | | |
    | 55441 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1484 | | |
    | 55547 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1455 | | |
    | 55982 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1344 | | |
    | 60042 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 176 | | |
    | 60405 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 84 | | |
    | 60571 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 55 | | |
    | 60575 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 55 | | |
    | 60783 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 22 | | |
    | 60789 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 19 | | |
    | 60834 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 15 | | |
    | 60836 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 15 | | |

Cheers
    Last edited by bear; 02-26-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: color change by request

(Back to the original subject of the post)
    I'd recommend searching other sites, not just WHT for reviews. Other sites that contain some reviews are

http://forums.scriptxperts.com/
    http://www.phpmotion.com/forum/

Additionally, google is always a great resource.

Thank you, i like this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi,

Replying here is not going to help with your situation as your site was causing problems to the server and still is, feel free to private message me directly and we may be able to find a more permanent solution.

Your account needs to be upgraded as it is not suitable for a shared hosting environment, please review the logs below, I have filtered out your username, this is after we have unsuspended you again for you to improve on the issue.

This is the entire server's MySQL ADMIN Current Processlist and you consume more than 95%...There's either large traffic or issue with your script ran..and we've asked you multiple times to investigate into it to avoid another suspension.

| 53844 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1885 | | |
    | 53845 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1885 | | |
    | 54775 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1652 | | |
    | 54923 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1617 | | |
    | 55152 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1553 | | |
    | 55348 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1504 | | |
    | 55432 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1486 | | |
    | 55441 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1484 | | |
    | 55547 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1455 | | |
    | 55982 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 1344 | | |
    | 60042 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 176 | | |
    | 60405 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 84 | | |
    | 60571 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 55 | | |
    | 60575 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 55 | | |
    | 60783 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 22 | | |
    | 60789 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 19 | | |
    | 60834 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 15 | | |
    | 60836 | _admin | localhost | _img | Sleep | 15 | | |

Cheers
    Might want to check your MySQL config. Those processes are just sleeping and you can set the config to time them out after x seconds.

IE:

interactive_timeout=6
    delayed_insert_timeout=6
    wait_timeout=6
    connect_timeout=6

The user probably isn't closing off their MySQL connections or has something wrong in the PHP scripting if it's a custom script. Those settings right there will not only protect you from that but several other instances such as delayed inserts, and connect times.
    Last edited by Ben_G; 03-07-2008 at 08:40 PM.
    Ben Gabler
    Chairman & CEO, Rocket.net
    Web Hosting Industry Veteran (HostNine, Hostgator, GoDaddy, StackPath)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the input, but we already have those values in our server configs set very similarly The user had issues on his end again and it was recurring none stop, also due to number of visitors and other variables. Believe it was an image hosting site along with many other php/mysql driven applications hosted.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hostnine View Post
    Might want to check your MySQL config. Those processes are just sleeping and you can set the config to time them out after x seconds.

IE:

interactive_timeout=6
    delayed_insert_timeout=6
    wait_timeout=6
    connect_timeout=6

The user probably isn't closing off their MySQL connections or has something wrong in the PHP scripting if it's a custom script. Those settings right there will not only protect you from that but several other instances such as delayed inserts, and connect times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast